URGENT : GAME CRASHING WITH iOS9

JayKayEm

URGENT : GAME CRASHING WITH iOS9

Post by JayKayEm »

Hi,

I have just installed iOS9 and now the game is unstable. It crashes all the time. Also, I get a GAME CENTER prompt EVERYTIME I load the game.

Before iOS9 it used to crash, but very very rarely.

The save point is not very helpful because when it crashes, you lose a lot of work.

There is no pattern to it crashing, with no particular task that creates it. Sometimes you can game for twenty minutes, but only this morning, my session lasted 40 seconds before it just kicks me out.

Please can we have confirmation that this game is receiving some sort of support!?!

I will add this to the cumulative bug thread. My phone specifications and history are in bug thread.
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
sharphrp

Re: URGENT : GAME CRASHING WITH iOS9

Post by sharphrp »

I have the exact same problem as above, but haven't seen anything yet to indicate they've acknowledged the bug.
I hope they fix it soon as its very annoying when you loose everything.
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

I don't know for sure but you can hope that these problems will be solved with the next update: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 82#p668982

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

My game is now locked in a crash cycle.

Load FS16 -> load game save -> start driving -> wait five seconds -> game crashes.

Reload FS16 -> load game save -> start driving -> wait five seconds -> game crashes.

It doesn't matter what you do in those five seconds of gameplay - swap vehicles - whatever - game crashes. The game is trapped in this cycle. FS16 is now unusable.

EDIT :

I have rebooted my phone - no different.

I started a new fresh game and it doesn't crash. Reload my original game save and it crashes after the same 5 seconds. It appears to be linked to the game save, rather than the platform.
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

So I uploaded my game save to the cloud. Deleted the game. Reinstalled it from the App Store.

Transferred my save back from the cloud and that particular game save crashes at the same five second duration.

Been unable to play for four days now. Heeeeeeellllp!!!!
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Are you able to upload a crash dump to Apple?
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

Stegei wrote:Are you able to upload a crash dump to Apple?
Not something I have ever done before. If you tell me how, and provide an assurance it is not wasted time, I will do whatever necessary.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

JayKayEm wrote:
Stegei wrote:Are you able to upload a crash dump to Apple?
Not something I have ever done before. If you tell me how, and provide an assurance it is not wasted time, I will do whatever necessary.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... ports.html
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

I have activated the crash data option in Diagnostics & Usage section of the Privacy settings. I have also activated 'share with developers'.

Because FS16 is locked in a crash cycle, I have let the game crash with these settings activated. I guess you can now access these?

I hope for a fix soon as the game is unplayable.
hasab

Post by hasab »

It should be so freakin' frustrating that you cant play with your favourite game because of any problem!
Maybe you could switch back to iOS 8.4.1,(I think Apple still signs it, one week ago I did a successful downgrade from 9.1 to 8.4.1) than perhaps the game wont crash anymore. It worth a try, isnt it?
Charliedavid
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Charliedavid »

Apple/Macintosh clients who have more established iPhones and iPads are presently reporting that moving up to iOS 9 have brought about a few applications and, in a few cases, their whole gadgets to crash, rendering their gadgets for all intents and purposes pointless.

Clients have rushed to different online stages to fuss about the issues they have been having with their iDevices, making this the most recent glitch in an arrangement connected with Apple's planned dispatch of new programming for the iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.

The most recent issue covers an extensive variety of circumstances. While a few clients report having just their applications influenced, others say the whole framework on their gadgets was not working legitimately.
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Please re-test on Version 1.0.3. Which is now (or in a few hours depending on country) live for iOS.

Also in the settings please change the graphics to "low" and try again.

Additionally please let us know your phone/pad device model.

Thanks
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

Updating to v1.0.3 makes no difference. Game lasts for five seconds and crashes.

GFX downgraded to minimum - no difference.

Device (iPhone 6+) updated to iOS 9.0.2.

Crash dumps are enabled.

Game deleted, reinstalled, phone rebooted. My 99hour game save downloaded from the cloud. Still the same. You can start a new game and its fine, its only linked to my 99hour game save.

Video below of an example of my game save vs. a new game which runs fine.

M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Thanks JayKayEm for the more detailed report. Good information. And I am glad at least your savegame is backed up in the cloud so once we find the issue you can get it back.

Now some more questions about the specific savegame if you do not mind. It's a 99 hour game, remember what items you bough last, what action you where doing, how much money is in your account and if you know how many tree logs may be lying around the world at the moment?

Thanks for the help
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

M.A.R.C. wrote: Now some more questions about the specific savegame if you do not mind. It's a 99 hour game, remember what items you bough last, what action you where doing, how much money is in your account and if you know how many tree logs may be lying around the world at the moment?
Before iOS 9, game used to crash just the same, but very rarely. Possibly once a week. iOS 9 came and the crashes became more frequent. Once a day, then a couple of times a day, then every 30mins. It got worse and worse until its now locked in this 5 second crash cycle. Because its got progressively worse, I don't think its related to any one purchase, one event or one task.

It crashes on $95,129. I have never purchased any coins.

All logs are chopped and collected immediately. The only logs that are laying about are those within BUG 'number 4' (See BUG sticky thread ~ Logs are mysteriously appearing blocking a road). I collect them from here occasionally. Last time I drove past there were two logs here. I have four 'stumps' in the game that I have not ground-out because this aids tractor turning.

Anything else, just ask.