URGENT : GAME CRASHING WITH iOS9

M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Re: URGENT : GAME CRASHING WITH iOS9

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Thanks! Okay not easy to pinpoint - Do you have every vehicle/item, how many vehicles equipment in total? How many fields owned? Is there a vehicle on the low loader at the moment? Thanks again
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

M.A.R.C. wrote:Thanks! Okay not easy to pinpoint - Do you have every vehicle/item, how many vehicles equipment in total? How many fields owned? Is there a vehicle on the low loader at the moment? Thanks again
Its really difficult because I only have a five second window to scroll through my vehicles!

From memory;

9 Fields + 3 Grass Meadows
10 Tractors (2x Big Case, 2x Big NH, 5 x Small Case and 1x Lamborghini)
Case Combine + both headers
NH Combine + both headers
1x Log Cutter
2x Log Transporter
1x stump grinder (on the Lamborghini)
4x articulated MAN TGS with 2x with low loader trailers, 2x articulated KRAMPE SB30/60 grain carriers
2x Large Grain Trailers
2x Large Loading Trailers
2x Bale Collectors
1x Fertilizer Tanker Trailer
1x Muck Spreader Trailer
Implements = baler, tedder, windrower, 2x large mowers, fertilizer spreader, 2x 6 row cultivator and 2x 6 row seeders
1x Lizard

So that's 47 items?

Four are in auto-drive, 2 of which are currently in auto-drive but stuck against objects (don't get me started!). I can't get to them quick enough in that five second window to deactivate individual items.

Both my low-loaders are empty. All MAN tractor units have a semi-trailer connected.

Regards,

Jay
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
M.A.R.C.

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Thanks again for the Detail. Still nothing jumps out.

Can you do another test for me please. Start that savegame and as soon as it is open go to the menu screen and wait. See if it still crashes in there. Thank you.
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

M.A.R.C. wrote:Thanks again for the Detail. Still nothing jumps out.

Can you do another test for me please. Start that savegame and as soon as it is open go to the menu screen and wait. See if it still crashes in there. Thank you.
Hi M.A.R.C.

So as you requested, I load the problem game save, and as soon as possible load the menu via the top right 'burger-menu' button. I wait the remaining four seconds and it crashes just the same. So yes, it crashes in the menu. It crashes in the sub menus too - STATISTICS, PRICES etc.

Any other game save is fine.

Further testing and I have actually made it worse. After trialling what you said, I did it again, quickly jumped to a different vehicle, then hit 'QUIT'. It has now saved the game within four seconds of the five seconds window. The game now only has a one second duration before crashing!

Not a problem because the original is in the cloud.

What about these crash dumps I have enabled - are they any use?
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
M.A.R.C.

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Yes we got the crash dumps, however they are inconclusive so far. Thanks again for the test.
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

As my problem game save is in 'the cloud' - can you take a copy of that and run it on a similar iOS device?
M.A.R.C.

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Wish we could, we are looking for a solution to get your savegame for debugging. You'll get a PM from me sometime soon about it. ;)
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

FYI, I also can no longer play the game after a few seconds. Playing on a iPad.
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

kc2dpt wrote:FYI, I also can no longer play the game after a few seconds. Playing on a iPad.
So thats users "sharphrp" and "kc2dpt".

When I read the reviews on the AppStore, many others saying they have a crash issue.

Fingers crossed for a resolution soon.
hasab

Re: URGENT : GAME CRASHING on Android 4.4.2 too

Post by hasab »

Unfortunately the game on Android also crashes from time to time. After like 10 minutes of playing the game just freezes and stops no matter what I am just doing ingame. After restart I can continue from the last autosave but then after like 10 mins it freezes and stops again. So something is definitely wrong with v1.0.0.9. On v1.0.0.7 I never had this problem.
On the last week I didnt have much time to play thats why it came out just now.
Navan

Post by Navan »

Not the severity of the iOS crash being experienced her but I've been experiencing intermentant ones on Android 4.4.4. No regularity to them though, just random. Been hitting report wherever it offers though.
hasab

Re: URGENT : GAME CRASHING on Android 4.4.2 too

Post by hasab »

hasab wrote:Unfortunately the game on Android also crashes from time to time. After like 10 minutes of playing the game just freezes and stops no matter what I am just doing ingame. After restart I can continue from the last autosave but then after like 10 mins it freezes and stops again. So something is definitely wrong with v1.0.0.9. On v1.0.0.7 I never had this problem.
On the last week I didnt have much time to play thats why it came out just now.
Just for testing I did the following:
Restart my device, Start FS16, Load savegame, Then just wait, do nothing, even the ingame machines do nothing. Then after like 10 minutes (didnt measure it precisely) the game just freeze. And I cant get to the home button only when I keep pushing the on/off button til the Restart-dialog and the tray with the home button comes up.
So it seems the v1.0.0.9 game and the v10.0.0.7 savegame does not like each other. That's a pity because the version 1.0.0.9 has loads of improvement... :(

Edit: I measured it, after loading savegame, I see the saving gear after 5minutes, then after 1,5-2 minutes the game freezes, every time. :(
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

C'mon GIANTS - what is happening!!! We all need an update I think.

The game is slipping down the ratings in the APPstore with lots of unhappy people reporting the same....

Its been two weeks now. Still no PM about how to retrieve my gamesave from the cloud for testing. I'm getting more support from fellow users than I am from the dev team.

Any news gratefully received.

Jay.
Navan

Post by Navan »

The crash sounds like an incompatibly created in the save perhaps, or an overflow. Unfortunately the one i suffer on Android is intermentant and while i report it every time it's possible, it's not likely useful data to solve yours(hopefully can help solve the Android ones). I suspect they'd need more crash reports from other iOS users suffering the same issue as it'll provide a means to look for commonality between the crash reports which should lead to what is causing the crash. Otherwise if all they have is yours, each report will be virtually identical making the search take longer.

Ooh random thoughts to check/try. Have you attempted to activate or drive any tractors in the 5sssguessing you have)? Otherwise in terms of overflow. How is your Milk, Wool, and their associated trailers doing(if you can get out open long enough to see)? Does either of the trailer have a tractor attached and parked on the collection point?
M.A.R.C.

Post by M.A.R.C. »

JayKayEm we are working on it. We are submitting a version again today which will allow you to send us your savegame for debugging. You will get the PM from me today. Thanks