Move shed?

hasab

Re: Move shed?

Post by hasab »

M.A.R.C. wrote:Heh its definately better than in FS14 and 12, I did move things as far as I felt comfortable with not making the world empty around fields and tried to make sure at least one direction should work for the helper even if its the less optimal one. There's always the player able to optimize the process by doing things manually in the other direction.
You are right, of course it is definitely better and thanks so much for the more watchful map and terrain designing.
I just wanted to say that it would be a real pleasure if we could leave alone all of the "programmed" working machines to do their job on all fields without the fear :) of they getting stuck, it would push the productivity to the sky. :coolnew:
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

MARC, how about on the big field (or any field) you move the shed so it sits parallel to the longer side of the rectangle (over at the edge of the forested area)? If you can do this, the shed(s) could stay close to the field for asthetic purposes and yet not impede the turn of the tractor when it reaches the end.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

As an update, when using a hired hand on the big field, I have been orientating the vehicle across-ways. I have run many crop cycles this way, using all required equipment, and have not encountered any situations of colliding into stationary objects. The above user comments are right, however, it is a lot slower to run the cycle this way--and thus it costs more.

I like using hired help since it is much more challenging to coordinate many field cycles at once. So across-ways it is...
hasab

Post by hasab »

You cant do anything else. Either you go crossways and use the helping hand, or go lenghtwise and do the turns yourself. :/

Hired help is the best function I love it. It boosts the production so much! I wish the forestry would be more automated, it consumes such a lot of time to wait for ScorpionKing to catch the wood or drive the Buffalos to the next pile of logs instead of they doing it with the hired autohelper. I posted it in the New feature request topic I hope the devs will make the needed changes soon.
abslayer

Post by abslayer »

If I have this problem I just ran a grass seeder down the length of field that has the problem of hired men turning around and them getting stuck.
Yes you lose some field doing this but it sure beats hired man getting stuck all the time
Navan

Post by Navan »

That sounds like FS15, FS16 is mobile only to my knowledge. We have dedicated grass fields and can't plow them or seed with grass.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

@Abslayer: Wish we could. You present a viable solution. How about it Giants?
Russellh

Post by Russellh »

Please move them a bit more. Once you have a certain number of fields it is impossible to manage without helpers. Nothing is more aggravating than getting stuck on badly placed sheds. At least have it so the equipment can drive through it or that we can remove sheds. And please add the ability to disable nighttime. Add enough space for the autopilot to make turns. Every farm would go bankrupt if the farm owner had to drive every vehicle because the helpers keep running into his sheds. Please consider it.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Russellh wrote:Please move them a bit more. Once you have a certain number of fields it is impossible to manage without helpers. Nothing is more aggravating than getting stuck on badly placed sheds. At least have it so the equipment can drive through it or that we can remove sheds. And please add the ability to disable nighttime. Add enough space for the autopilot to make turns. Every farm would go bankrupt if the farm owner had to drive every vehicle because the helpers keep running into his sheds. Please consider it.
Dear Russellh!

If you have some new feature requests like "add the ability to disable nighttime", please post it in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=872&t=87075

By the way, I agree with all of that you wrote.

Thanx,
hasab
Navan

Post by Navan »

While it would be wonderful if they would allow this, they did state that they did this intentionally and left the alternate direction usable by a helper. So far I've found every field can be automated that I've purchased. Several just can't be automated in the desirable direction.

The following are the fields I've found this to be the case, the field south of the mill(that shed next to the mill is in the way), the southern most field next to the mountain(it's east edge gap is too close to the mountain between it and the 70k field) and the $450k field north of the $70k field has a guard rail that is to close. All three operate fine if you run the helper in the less efficient direction. The second field from the north is an odd ball, the largest harvester with either head and the largest plow have no problems, but the largest seeder and the largest slurry do. This is a field probably fine tuned to use smaller equipment like how the grass fields are.
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

I've currently been playing FS14 but since it's the same issue and there is much less activity in the FS14 sub forum and I'm considering getting FS16 I'm posting here. I understand there is actually an FS developer (M.A.R.C.) participating here?

The problem with 'workers' getting stuck is one of the most annoying bugs in the games. Don't underestimate the importance of getting rid of it. Both the getting stuck on obstacles as on each other when two workers on adjoining fields for instance run into each other.

I had already understood myself that moving all obstacles away from the 'workable area' would create an unrealistic landscape, so not an ideal option. In my opinion there is a much more elegant solution to the problem though. I'm not a programmer but I know enough about it to know that what I'm about to suggest is very feasible to implement.

Both these types of 'collisions' could be prevented by an additional "collision avoidance algorithm" that could be added to the 'AI'. The AI is currently very simple. Too simple. It shouldn't be too hard to let the AI follow a path around obstacles or other AI paths, just as real people would do in such instances. You can achieve quite a lot with a few simple IF-THEN(-ELSE) rules for instance. Just let the workers follow a slightly longer path to avoid the obstacle and have it re-enter the field at the next return stroke coming from a different direction as best as possible. If it has to 'miss' a bit of field so be it, although it could always cover small bits at a 90 degree angle if necessary. Like veer to the side before reaching the end of the field, do an almost U-turn in the other direction to cover the end bit of the field at 90 degrees and then do the mirror manoeuvre to get back on the return stroke.

Same with workers colliding with each other. The path of the workers is 'known' as soon as they are started and the coming collision can be known too. One worker could pause in time or slow down beforehand, just like in the real world, to avoid the collision. Different tools could be assigned a different logical hierarchy, especially important with more than one worker on the same field, so a plough gets priority to finish his work before sowing takes place. And harvesting is done before a ploughing worker thread would destroy the crop.

Another thing. A bit off-topic here perhaps but this forum isn't exactly brimming with activity so it shouldn't really be a problem. Could someone tell me whether FS16 also has in-game purchases of machinery and not just coins? I can't find that information anywhere. It is either not the case or a well kept secret. I don't like this concept where you have to make additional purchases to complete a basically incomplete game. If I'd buy all machinery in FS14 I'd have to spend €10, which is way too much. Just let people pay one time for the game and that's it. If people want to buy game money to speed things up that could be acceptable as long as game progress isn't made extremely difficult, slow and tedious without purchasing 'coins'.

I also don't like the limit of 45 items in your 'garage' in FS14. Does FS16 have such a limit too? I ran into it much sooner than I expected and it's seriously inconvenient and spoils the fun of the game. And games should be fun right? I have earned the money to buy more equipment to avoid lots of driving around but can't because of this limit. It feels as if it is meant to push people to buy/unlock the bigger machinery of which you need less to do the same amount of work. For instance, I currently have 6 sowing machines and 10 Lambo R7's to get things moving a bit, but would like more. Sowing is mostly the bottleneck. With enough of those you can make adequate progress ('Normal' game) but it's a bit of a hassle. I can sell off some equipment of which I have multiple items too but it's just handy to have more of certain things to avoid moving equipment around. The bigger equipment you can buy with real money is quickly a bit overkill though with the relatively small fields in the game, so they remain unused. By the time you would get more use for them because you have more fields you don't really need them anymore to reach the point where you have bought all the fields, which in turn you don't really need anymore because you already have all the equipment you want/can get. And some of them are horrible to farm anyway because of the above obstacles problem so you don't use them. The 'Achievements' like 5 and 10 million in money aren't really a motivation for me to keep playing in what by then has become more like grinding and paying real money for bigger capacity machines that would bring me there faster merely to get such an achievement is just not on. I'll play it now and then just for the fun of playing but without a real game goal to achieve any more.
Navan

Post by Navan »

I can answer your in-app purchase question. There are NO tractors or equipment requiring in-app purchase in FS16. There is the ONLY the ability to buy money. Btw FS14 on Amazon Underground has everything available and is free if you have Android and you're willing to have Amazon Appstore on it(no costs, but realize they're going to gather data).

Oh there are item limits, but i don't know them as i never went and counted when i hit it once.
Omaha

Post by Omaha »

This is an annoying bug...

I say give us a bucket attachment so we can move them rocks & supply boxes, infact then we could just drop our crops on the ground if trailer is full or busy & scoop it up later and load it...that would help!

As for the shed... run over it with a combine & dump the pieces in a dumpster, who built it that close to the field in the first place?