Move shed?

Shadow_ASP

Move shed?

Post by Shadow_ASP »

The shed south of the big and expensive field (1.8M) is so close to the field that hired help gets stuck when using anything but the smallest fertilizer or the harvester.
Is this on purpose or a bug?
I would like to make a request that the shed is moved far enough away from the field so hired help can cultivate, sow and fertilize without getting stuck in the shed.
hasab

Re: Move shed?

Post by hasab »

Hi.

Did you try to change the direction of moving from North-South to East-West? If the trees are in the way, you have to cut them but leave the stumps in place.
This may be a temporary solution until they fix all the stuck problems listed in other posts.

Regards,
hasab
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

Going west to east doesnt make much sense on such a big field like the one I'm talking about. I takes long enough as it is to sow with only a 6 meter wide sowingmachine.
Cutting trees is fine for clearing an area near a field. Problem is the Scorpion King is unable to chop the legs off the shed :eek2:
Navan

Post by Navan »

Yikes, i wouldn't use anything but the biggest on that field. Honestly i couldn't stand anything but the widest on even the small starter fields. The small fertilizer annoys me since i'm not able to keep the manure and slurry stocked enough. It also has to do two passes before i can safely start seeding without collision or overlapping the field edge that badly. Ooh and starting it after the seeder also ends up with a collision as the little bigger is 2 speed faster in use(need to try the top tractor again with the seeder sometime).
hasab

Post by hasab »

Shadow_ASP wrote:Going west to east doesnt make much sense on such a big field like the one I'm talking about. I takes long enough as it is to sow with only a 6 meter wide sowingmachine.
Cutting trees is fine for clearing an area near a field. Problem is the Scorpion King is unable to chop the legs off the shed :eek2:
Of course I know that the west to east moving slows down the work but at least it can work automated on the field without colliding into the shed. Until it will be fixed I see 3 possibilities. 1. Not using that field (no way). 2. Using the field in autopilot to W-E direction to not collide the shed. 3. Manually drive the vehicle (but til the end, all other works are stopped). So the best decision in that case imho is the 2.
This bug frustrates everyone who plays this game but until it will be fixed, it needs to find some working solution.
Last edited by hasab on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Navan wrote:Yikes, i wouldn't use anything but the biggest on that field. Honestly i couldn't stand anything but the widest on even the small starter fields. The small fertilizer annoys me since i'm not able to keep the manure and slurry stocked enough. It also has to do two passes before i can safely start seeding without collision or overlapping the field edge that badly. Ooh and starting it after the seeder also ends up with a collision as the little bigger is 2 speed faster in use(need to try the top tractor again with the seeder sometime).
It would be great to use a much wider fertilizer BUT I measured the growing time WITH and WITHOUT fertilizing and there was no difference!! Maybe you could try it out, but I think there is no need to fertilize the field.
Last edited by hasab on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

Fertiliser improves yield, not growth time.

I have done extensive tests to verify fertiliser costs vs. the extra yield it produces (i.e. extra crop to sell). Fertiliser costs are outweighed by the extra growth weight you receive and can sell.
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
hasab

Post by hasab »

Sorry I dont understand it well. Its worth or not to fertilize? :confusednew:
JayKayEm

Post by JayKayEm »

hasab wrote:Sorry I dont understand it well. Its worth or not to fertilize? :confusednew:
Sorry hasab. Basically if you fertilise, you grow more.

For example. No fertiliser and it takes three fields to fill a trailer.

With fertiliser, the same trailer only takes one field to fill.

End result, more crop to sell !

Hope that is clearer.
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
hasab

Post by hasab »

Now it is much more clearer, thanx. *thumbsup* I will try but I think you are right.
Navan

Post by Navan »

Hmm interesting, hadn't done a cost analysis myself yet. I do know that it has no impact on grass despite being able to fertilize grass fields as well.

Have to then consider use of manure if it's worth growing wheat. You harvest more wheat then canola, but same amount as corn. It sells for so much less that i have to wonder if the manure you get from straw or selling to biogas.
hasab

Post by hasab »

I wonder if the cow manure or the slurry or the water sprayer has more effect on yield?
Relating question: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 15#p666635
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Regrettably the autohelper does need alot of space for turning, we did not want to put 100 meters of emptiness around each field as that would also not look right. Given these limitations there are 2 options. 1. Harvest the field yourself in the long direction, save money on helpers and be done quicker especially with a big harvester. 2. Use the helper in the shorter direction, it will take him a bit longer, but then again at least he is doing it and not you :)

As for Slurry Manure and Fertilizer all 3 do the same thing, increase the yield. Benefit of Slurry and Manure is its free ;) However it is also limited in supply to balance.
hasab

Post by hasab »

M.A.R.C. wrote:Regrettably the autohelper does need alot of space for turning, we did not want to put 100 meters of emptiness around each field as that would also not look right.
Just a dumb question because I am not a game developer so I dont know how does it work:
Would it be a big work to put away the objects-in-the-way just as far as the turning space needed for tractors?

If I would have to choose between (A) the sheds are unnicely 100m far from field but I can use the autohelper lengthwise on the field or (B) the sheds lying nicely near the fields but I can use the autohelper only crosswise, I would choose the (A) version.

But if it is too much work, then I will use the most suitable direction for automated field work to not collide with anything as up to present.
Unfortunately on some of the grass fields it is insolvable because lengthwise there is the lake with rocks or buildings or fences, crosswise there are fences to collide with, therefore some particular fields are unusable with some particular machines.

I would like to give an advice for the upcoming game versions: Please plan the map more carefully :search: and please do not put any object too close to the fields like sheds, houses, rocks, lakes, fences, trees, and other things that the tractor can collide with and could get stuck because this is a serial problem since FS12 through FS14 and now in FS16. :sadnew:
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Heh its definately better than in FS14 and 12, I did move things as far as I felt comfortable with not making the world empty around fields and tried to make sure at least one direction should work for the helper even if its the less optimal one. There's always the player able to optimize the process by doing things manually in the other direction.