New feature request

hasab

New feature request

Post by hasab »

Dear Developers,

Please think about setting up a GARAGE function in Farming Simulator, it should be a good idea because of the following reason.

When I have lots of vehicles and I dont want to use all of them, I could park the unneeded vehicles in the garage, so I dont have to cycle through all of them to get to the needed vehicles.
For example when I get tired of lumbering and I want to cultivate plants only, I can send the lumbering machines to the garage, so I only have to cycle through the cultivating devices and skip the unneeded ones, so switching through only the needed vehicles make the work with the machines much quicker.
Then if I need any of the vehicles standing in the garage, I just have to go to garage menu (or just tap on it in the map) and send the needed vehicle back to the field to continue work.

Regards.
hasab
Last edited by hasab on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
hasab

New feature request 2.

Post by hasab »

I have another idea that could help to work more calmly: the possibility of changing the order of the vehicles.

Currently the vehicle order is based on the purchase time, but most of the time it is not optimal, sometimes I would need to optimize the vehicle order.
For example the optimal order of the cultivating machines are when the harvester is on the first place, then comes the tractor with the tipper, then the plow/cultivator, then the fertilizer, then the sowing machine, so when the harvester is full, I just switch to the next vehicle (instead of switching 3-4 or more to get to the needed vehicle) and go there with the tipper, and when the harvester is at halfway on the field in autohelper mode, I can switch to the next tractor to start plowing the field with autohelper, then switch to next one and start the sprayer with autohelper, then sow the field with the next one.
But without the possibility of ordering, the vehicle order cant be optimized, and if they arent in the right order, it could be very confusing sometimes because I cant do one type of work uncluttered. The same stands for lumbering and other type of serial work in the game.
I hope it was understandable. :)

Regards.
hasab
hasab

Re: New feature request 3.

Post by hasab »

The autohelper function should be used or extended with all the logging machines.

The Ponsse ScorpionKing woodcutter machine should "see" the trees around itself and should go to cut them one after another until there wont be another cutable tree around it, in its "looking zone", or we stop the autohelper mode.

The FSI ST65T Stump cutter machine should also "see" the cutable stumps around itself and wont stop cutting them out until there is even one stump to cut in its looking zone or we stop the automation.

The Ponsse Buffalo log gathering truck should also "look around" to see if there is any log to gather and when full, either automatically transport it to the market where the highest price is or got an exclamation mark on it for us to see if its full. It has already an automated gathering function for logs around it in a small range which is very helpful, so it should be just extended with a wider range of sight like a "go-there-and-gather" function.

This automations could really speed up the logging processes.
Last edited by hasab on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Navan

Re: New feature request

Post by Navan »

A drive to option that's independent of their current status. It would allow us the to say send the tractor to park somewhere on the map in preparation of us using them in vicinity. Valid locations might be anywhere we normally sell/reload, but they drive there and stay instead. The shop should also be included, and perhaps make the largest field its own destination too.
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

The "Drive To" option should be generic giving us the possibility to hire a driver to take the tractor to anyplace on the map. Maybe bring up the map to tap for a destination. This would be especially helpful when a tractor gets stuck and currently has to be manually driven back to its work site. Also, be able to go fill up on fuel, seeds, fertilizer and return to the current location would be handy - similar to sell how sell it or store it works.
Vamp

Post by Vamp »

Ggorman wrote:Also, be able to go fill up on fuel, seeds, fertilizer and return to the current location would be handy - similar to sell how sell it or store it works.
This is already available. Select the vehicle, click on the map icon at the top. At the botom right, you have the option to fill up at station, refil seeder/fertilizer (depending on the equipment attached) and to go clean the vehicle.

In all instances the vehilce will return to the spot it was when you hired the worker.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Game speed changing.
It would be great if the speed of the game could be changed like pause/slow/normal/fast.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

@Hasab: thanks for pointing this thread out.

It would be great if we could use the Scorpion and Buffalo for only off-road use, and have Giants release a trailer with bunks that hold 20 logs and that connects to the Man transport truck for fast, road delivery to any selling point within a minute or two. Or, how about create a conventional (not cab-over) logging truck with bunk trailer. Between the truck and trailer could be a hiab retractable crane.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

How about Giants provides us with a Caterpillar D9 or D10N dozer with a push blade (or a Case 580 Super N backhoe) and one or two fields that need levelling out, stumps pulled out with the back ripper, water drainage, etc--and payment is made when the field becomes acceptable for cultivation (use a % complete). Then, when left for a while it reverts back to a rough field so the cycle can begin again.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

It would be good to have a barn area where bales of hay and collected cut hay can be stored temporarily. Then lots of hay could be collected and managed as needed. Another nice idea would be to have a front-end loader implement for the tractor, or a bale handler that fits in the back of the pick-up truck. It would be fun to move a few bales around this way.
mklfds

Post by mklfds »

The garage feature sounds great. Just a little add on, removing vehicles from the garage should change the order that they are cycled through. This would eliminate a lot of problems I have with poor planing when purchasing vehicles.
hasab

Re: New feature request: preprogrammable vehicles

Post by hasab »

It would be great if the vehicles could be preprogrammed for 3 or 4 steps ahead.
For example I could preprogram a tractor with a cultivator to cultivate the 3 or 4 choosen fields one after another. Then preprogram a sowing machine to sow those fields one after another in the programmed sequence. And so on...
Drinfo

Post by Drinfo »

Would it be possible to add a NH T8.435 Smarttrax tractor to FS16 iPad , like the one in FS15? Also an auger wagon with tracks to take loads of product from a combine to a large wagon or semi-with the larger capacity trailer. Where I live, on a farm, we use tracked equipment to work the fields and keep the trucks off the fields to reduce compaction and to keep them from getting stuck. Large Challenger tractors with 36 " tracks are used a lot for field work. They are easier than the Case IH two piece tractors that bend in the center. Also the large seeder from FS14 would work nicely in the larger fields. I really enjoy the game and feel that mods would add to its realism.
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

Would be very nice with a Amazon Condor 15m wide sowing machine or something similar. The Condor was a very welcome addition in FS14.

A way to store chaff would be great. Silly me thought there was enough room in a half filled BG lane for my Krampe 3060 and 900. I ended up having to buy a 3rd trailer to avoid all my wheat withering on the fields because the BGA was full and my two Krampe trailers were not empty.
starfrost

Post by starfrost »

Its would be cool if they add some other vehicles and equipment. For instance the maxtron and tectron harvesters and other tippers and another truck,round baler and even include some of things from fs 14 and even include the krone big M and you be able to join fields an add a few other tractors besides the JCB and add a plow . That what I would for the next update for fs 16 if it is possible.