Can't Open Cloud Save on other Devices

ohhaikbai

Can't Open Cloud Save on other Devices

Post by ohhaikbai »

I've just recently bought FS16 and have been playing it on an iPhone6. I copied my save to the cloud slot and got on my iPad to continue playing but noticed I don't see any cloud saves on the iPad, but I do on the iPhone. I would really like to move between games on my devices and thought this is what the cloud saves would allow me to do. If anybody has information that might help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

I've played around with this some more and essentially it seems each instance of the application on the different device is maintaining it's own set of information in iCloud. I've confirmed iCloud is enabled, and the application shave access to Documents&Settings.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but nothing has changed. I created a new game on each device, played it enough so I can tel the difference between saved file descriptions, and copied them both to Slot A in the cloud storage on each device.

Looking at iCloud, here are the files I see saved for FS16:

Code: Select all

master 2.dat
master.dat
save01 2.dat
save01.dat
iPhone 6 w/ iOS 9.0.2
iPad Air w/ iOS 9.0.2
FS16 v1.0.3
JMason757

Re: Can't Open Cloud Save on other Devices

Post by JMason757 »

I have had the same issue. I emailed the "support" team and they provided anything but. They essentially said they are working on a solution and blamed the operating system (easy scapegoat.) I really do not care for their reasoning. I, and I'm sure many others, just want the problem solved.
Curtisimo81

Post by Curtisimo81 »

Well. I have the same problem. It shows its there in the cloud but it won't update on my other devices. Hope they get this fixed soon!!!!
Navan

Post by Navan »

Please understand that when they say they're working on it they do mean it. I've worked as a DBA for a company that had it's own internal software and developers for it. They had strick procedures to follow to implement patches and new features. Not following them could well introduce a catastrophic bug (and sadly did happen a few times to my knowledge). That said those procedures don't always catch the smaller bugs because they're freak occurrences or simply something no one realized to test.

This is NOT giants (no idea what there's is) but an example based on the company i was at. Their procedure when i left was, 1-2 weeks in a development environment being tested by the developers and analyst who worked closely with them. The next was a week or two in a QA system that was supposed to be a direct mimic of the production system (keywords supposed to) and tested by those who had to use the production level on a regular basis. Each group had a list a things to test. After that if it passed then it went into prod and hopefully stayed. Since QA was unable to match production perfectly things wouldn't always work so cleanly. Recall a few rushed patches to fix critical bugs because the last update couldn't be reversed without losing another important fix. Those still could take days to rush.

Now i don't pretend to know Giant's system, but i bet it isn't too terribly different. For them though they have iOS and Android, two disparate systems to build for and make operate as identical as possible. But on Android they actually have a huge swath of device specs and installed apps they simply cannot anticipate while iOS is fairly limited but still has variables like installed apps and what iOS device. Neither OS should allow conflict between apps, but every so often weird things can happen.

Sorry for the wall of text, just bugs me to see people rip at developers who are showing progress. Ill get off my soap box now.

That said something is off in general in cloud saves as the Android version on mine has lost access to cloud saves completely and while my game plays fine, I'd really like the peace of mind of backing it up.
Curtisimo81

Post by Curtisimo81 »

Navan wrote:Please understand that when they say they're working on it they do mean it. I've worked as a DBA for a company that had it's own internal software and developers for it. They had strick procedures to follow to implement patches and new features. Not following them could well introduce a catastrophic bug (and sadly did happen a few times to my knowledge). That said those procedures don't always catch the smaller bugs because they're freak occurrences or simply something no one realized to test.

This is NOT giants (no idea what there's is) but an example based on the company i was at. Their procedure when i left was, 1-2 weeks in a development environment being tested by the developers and analyst who worked closely with them. The next was a week or two in a QA system that was supposed to be a direct mimic of the production system (keywords supposed to) and tested by those who had to use the production level on a regular basis. Each group had a list a things to test. After that if it passed then it went into prod and hopefully stayed. Since QA was unable to match production perfectly things wouldn't always work so cleanly. Recall a few rushed patches to fix critical bugs because the last update couldn't be reversed without losing another important fix. Those still could take days to rush.

Now i don't pretend to know Giant's system, but i bet it isn't too terribly different. For them though they have iOS and Android, two disparate systems to build for and make operate as identical as possible. But on Android they actually have a huge swath of device specs and installed apps they simply cannot anticipate while iOS is fairly limited but still has variables like installed apps and what iOS device. Neither OS should allow conflict between apps, but every so often weird things can happen.

Sorry for the wall of text, just bugs me to see people rip at developers who are showing progress. Ill get off my soap box now.

That said something is off in general in cloud saves as the Android version on mine has lost access to cloud saves completely and while my game plays fine, I'd really like the peace of mind of backing it up.

Just for the record Im not "ripping" at the developers. I have had Farming Simulator since their first release on the computer. I love that game. But I recently bought the version for the iPhone and in the description it is advertised as having cloud save to play on multiple devices. If it doesn't work they shouldn't advertise that it does. I have programed computer games in the past. I get that they have two different OS's to deal with. My complainant is that it doesn't work even though they advertise it does. Im not complaining because I have learned iPhone/ipad/ and android tablet games often have problems. I just hope they fix it. If it doesn't work then they shouldn't advertise it does....... And by the way Android is a lot simpler OS than IOS.......
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Curtisimo81 wrote:
Navan wrote:Please understand that when they say they're working on it they do mean it. I've worked as a DBA for a company that had it's own internal software and developers for it. They had strick procedures to follow to implement patches and new features. Not following them could well introduce a catastrophic bug (and sadly did happen a few times to my knowledge). That said those procedures don't always catch the smaller bugs because they're freak occurrences or simply something no one realized to test.

Just for the record Im not "ripping" at the developers. I have had Farming Simulator since their first release on the computer. I love that game. But I recently bought the version for the iPhone and in the description it is advertised as having cloud save to play on multiple devices. If it doesn't work they shouldn't advertise that it does. I have programed computer games in the past. I get that they have two different OS's to deal with. My complainant is that it doesn't work even though they advertise it does. Im not complaining because I have learned iPhone/ipad/ and android tablet games often have problems. I just hope they fix it. If it doesn't work then they shouldn't advertise it does....... And by the way Android is a lot simpler OS than IOS.......

http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 72&t=85055
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
stratusly

Post by stratusly »

ve just recently bought FS16 and have been playing it on an iPhone6. I copied my save to the cloud slot and got on my iPad to continue playing but noticed I don't see any cloud saves on the iPad, but I do on the iPhone. I would really like to move between games on my devices and thought this is what the cloud saves would allow me to do. If anybody has information that might help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

I've played around with this some more and essentially it seems each instance of the application on the different device is maintaining it's own set of information in iCloud. I've confirmed iCloud is enabled, and the application shave access to Documents&Settings.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but nothing has changed. I created a new game on each device, played it enough so I can tel the difference between saved file descriptions, and copied them both to Slot A in the cloud storage on each device.

Looking at iCloud, here are the files I see saved for FS16:
I have had the same issue. I emailed the "support" team and they provided anything but. They essentially said they are working on a solution and blamed the operating system