fertilizer timing?

kc2dpt

fertilizer timing?

Post by kc2dpt »

I know if I don't harvest a crop for a while it will die. Is there any such limitation on fertilizing? Will the field eventually "dry up"? Or can I fertilize every field and let it sit like that until I'm ready to plant it?

Thanks.
Willard123

Re: fertilizer timing?

Post by Willard123 »

To my knowledge, fertilizing only adds value once the small plants appear. If you fertilize while the field is brown there will be no added effect.
Navan

Post by Navan »

Fertilizing from what I've seen never dries up. It can only be used which occurs when a crop matures. If you plow a field before that point you'll notice it's still in the visually fertilized state and won't take any additional fertilizer.
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

None of this answers my question.

I can fertilize first then then sow after.
I can sow first and then fertilize after.

Does it make a difference?
Delta

Post by Delta »

I wouldn't think so. I play FS15 I don't play mobile but in FS15 it dont matter when you fertilize as long as you do it before you harvest it will increase the yield.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Navan

Post by Navan »

It works the exact same on FS16. So fertilize when it's most convenient, before plowing, after, before sowing or after. Honestly i plow, sow then fertilize.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

run a test
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

I ran a test, with these results.

Planting and harvesting beet root on the upper left field:

Yield using no fertilizer: 16,000
Yield using fertilizer after plowing but before planting: 24,000
Yield using fertilizer after planting then waiting until the plants first appear: 24,000
hasab

Post by hasab »

Willard123 wrote:I ran a test, with these results.

Planting and harvesting beet root on the upper left field:

Yield using no fertilizer: 16,000
Yield using fertilizer after plowing but before planting: 24,000
Yield using fertilizer after planting then waiting until the plants first appear: 24,000
Nice, thanks! *thumbsup*

Maybe someone could test the yield for all the other crops too with and without fertilizer... ;)
Navan

Post by Navan »

Yield is always 1.5x for the field in question. Don't have it with me but i do have all but the milllion dollar field yields. From memory crop yields in relation to Corn. Corn and Wheat yield exactly same amount though wheat gives straw (grass and straw i don't recall yields right now). Canola yields 85% of corn, beats yield 2x and potatoes are 2.5x.

From what i recall, the fields right next to starting field are 1.5x the starting field.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Navan wrote:Yield is always 1.5x for the field in question. Don't have it with me but i do have all but the milllion dollar field yields. From memory crop yields in relation to Corn. Corn and Wheat yield exactly same amount though wheat gives straw (grass and straw i don't recall yields right now). Canola yields 85% of corn, beats yield 2x and potatoes are 2.5x.

From what i recall, the fields right next to starting field are 1.5x the starting field.
Thanks Navan. It is good to know, really.