Win10 save game issue

flanders20

Win10 save game issue

Post by flanders20 »

I have had happen twice at about 20 hours played. Try to load game and says missing or corrupt saved game. Any others with this issue and any fixes.

Windows 10 tablet Farming simulator 2016. See no updates in store.

Please help very frustrating for me and my kids.
ashwinmevin

Re: Win10 save game issue

Post by ashwinmevin »

Open your My Documents folder and right click on My Games and select Properties. Go to the Security tab, it should give a list of users, including your windows account. Select it and choose edit. Select it again and tick the full access (or top) box. Apply, OK, OK. Hope this helps, otherwise you have a different problem than I had and will need to utilize some google-fu.Of course, using a feature like this does not eliminate the need for backups - you never want to realize that a backup is necessary when you actually need one - so always have a backup.So anyway, in Windows 10 there is an easy way to change the default save locations for your files under Settings>System>Storage.
vignesjoseph

Post by vignesjoseph »

I managed to get the game functioning (sort of) properly again. I ran the game through the .exe file as "administrator" and the game runs perfectly. The only hitch is that my new save files don't sync to Steam. If I want to run the game via Steam's start page, I have to sacrifice my newly formed save files. That being said, if I simply continue to run the game through my .exe file as "administrator," everything seems well.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You mentioned steam. Did you deactivate the steam cloud for this game? As steam cloud tends to cause problems in the savegames of this game.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC