Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

ErwinR55

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by ErwinR55 »

AgPro Farms wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:01 am Didn't see the need to start a new topic in General Discussion, but one thing I've been curious to know, or maybe just food for thought; I wonder if the loading (re-fill) auger on the HATZENBICHLER seed cart has been fixed to where you can dump into it with a gravity wagon or trailer. This was my go-to drill once the BB DLC came out, but that was always kind of aggravating to me that aspect didn't work, but did on the Seed Hawk. Hopefully that problem is solved. The little Horsch seed/ fert. tender box was a help, but still way too small for a seed cart with that kind of capacity. Thoughts, speculations? :hmm:
Yeah, I hope they fix those things. I use the graincarts to fill the seeders, but the Seedhawk would only accept from the Holmer graincart to be filled, same as the Hatzenbichler I think (just started to use this one on the Great Plains largest corn planter, doesn't fit in real life like that, but works wonders if you have 2 drills running on a 100 ha sized field to only have to fill the combinations once :P)
And the Holmer graincart couldn't automatically be filled by a stationary filling silo, so I have to use other graincarts for that. Hopefully they will fix all those tiny differences between similar machines now :).

But there is only one big fear that I have:
That cultivators for in the rear behind the tractor, placed in the front of the tractor (so working the wrong way) would not work anymore like in FS17. Cause I use these to let tractors work on their own in the fields by hire of help, so they ride the graincart next to the combine automatically. If they have taken out this "wrong way of working but oooooooh so handy feature" , my pleasure in the game will be take away pretty quickly I think.
PS4 player
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Wondering since you can place your farm anywhere...can you also place the barn for bales and loose hay etc etc anywhere you want.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
rockyglass

Post by rockyglass »

And can you move placeables after being placed???? And please tell me you will be able to remove Stones. Please Please Please.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Really hope we can move placeable after we place them...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
rockyglass

Post by rockyglass »

Miketeg wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:01 am Really hope we can move placeable after we place them...
Yes. Same here.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I think they added that, i could have swore i read that somewhere, maybe wrong.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Hey guys, Is there any planter that’s been announced that plants 5 rows? I was looking at the kneverland optima v but wasn’t sure it was 5 or 6 rows. I don’t know why they’d have a 5 row corn head (the Zeigler champion 5r) but not a 5 row planter...
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
drb

Post by drb »

Cowboy5130 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:18 am Hey guys, Is there any planter that’s been announced that plants 5 rows? I was looking at the kneverland optima v but wasn’t sure it was 5 or 6 rows. I don’t know why they’d have a 5 row corn head (the Zeigler champion 5r) but not a 5 row planter...
Rows in FS17 are 0.75 meters, so the Optima V is a 6 row planter. Are you thinking of implementing some type of controlled traffic farming? I know FS17 had a New Holland 6 row corn header, but I think it was the only one of that size.

So far there are 5 planters announced in the following sizes: 3.0m (Amazone ED 3000-C), 4.5m (Kverneland Optima V), 6.0m (Lemken Azurit 9, Vaderstad Tempo V 8 ), and 12.0m (Vaderstad Tempo L 16).
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

I was just wondering what the point in having a 5 row head was but no 5 row planter as many farms in real life have same size heads and planters
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
sarahy

Post by sarahy »

Oh Im so excited. Cant wait. You always manage to get your game better by every year. I just really hope for 3D ground textures. Or would dynamic ground be too much?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No 3d ground. Maybe in fs21
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Dynamic ground will be highly possible in fs21, but not in fs19.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:23 am Dynamic ground will be highly possible in fs21, but not in fs19.
According to GIANTS dynamic terrain "absolutely hammers performance" so if that can't be fixed then it's not coming any time soon, or at least not across all current platforms.

However I can envisage a 3D ground which switches to 2D textures at a distance (a bit like how foliage works at the moment). It would be a lot of work, but perhaps possible. Not a dynamic terrain (in that you can't create hills/dig hole/move earth etc) but an upgrade on what we have at the moment.

A truly dynamic terrain, even if it was possible, would be a massive undertaking and I imagine an absolute nightmare to get working at all in multiplayer.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Well atleast their testing it eh?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Xandro

Post by Xandro »

I imagine they will have to rewrite the code concerning the ground. The game works by layers of textures and goes as by mounds or polygons of textures. The ground on the ground makes piles, that makes it look very ugly (they did the tests and it looked very ugly).

It would have nothing to do with line capacity in RED. Simply the game (engine) is not right thinking about it.

There is a free game with up to 30 players online (per battle). It has some impressive graphics and the physics of the terrain are very successful: "War Thunder" (apart from the tanks there are many agricultural games with dynamic textures); in general the whole game moves well and has a good level, it is as fluid as the Farming (and with greater graphic capacity).

Giants is making a large investment in infrastructure, also at the personal and professional levels. They have been hiring and will continue until 2019, more qualified people, with several years of experience in developing games.
Giants this year will grow twice as much as last year. That money has to be recovered, so it is expected a great, or great games for the next few years.