[FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

RedEagle 11

Re: [FS19] Landscaping in Patch 1.2.0.0

Post by RedEagle 11 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:25 pm
ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:19 pm @RODHA: It doesn't feel right, it feels perfect! Out of focus? The GE exists on PC! See mods! And now on console you can mod your farming place! The focus have always been on modding, too!

And there are enough games like Lego Worlds, Disney Infinity and so on ... works fine with an xbox controller ...
The part that doesn't feel right is the priority of this feature.
Is this really what we needed right now? Or do we need other stuff to be fixed and tweaked (quite sure not everything is fixed with that patch)?
The forum is flooded with bugs and issues and yet not a single voice is heard from Giants so far.
Then out of the blue, here you go we embeded GE into the game.
Well, yeah thanks but...
RODHA, think of it this way. If you're trying to create something special in the game than it's better to do it from the beginning so you don't
have to tare it up later but this terra forming tool is just to expensive to use and unless you have quite a bit of money coming in, it's basically useless. I've tried and I just gave up on it, in fact I gave up on the hole game because like you I too think that there's a lot of things that need fixing and GIANTS is not listening, for instance, I deforest almost the hole area around Ravenport so I could expand the fields and create areas for the animal pens than I went and purchased the log fork and leased the rest of the equipment to start loading and selling the logs, the log fork only picks up one log at a time, so now I've got logs spread all over the place because of equipment malfunction that should've already been fixed, its very frustrating. I play these games so I can relax and have fun at the same time but FS19 is pi** me off, so I quit until they do something about it. ...

Edit by Guil. Removed profanity.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

mmmmmmmmmm..... no flatten. well PS4 has one :lol:

malicunfek0210

Post by malicunfek0210 »

Hello guys

When i try to install the patch 1.2 it says "Farming Simulator 17 (English) in not installed"
What should i do? I tried reinstalling it and do it again but stil the same. Where is the problem?
Please help me.
RedEagle 11

Post by RedEagle 11 »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:56 pm
RedEagle 11 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:23 pm It doesn't have it on PC, it has: Raise, Lower and Smooth, no flattening.
Are sure about this? May be you missed the option?
I'm asking just because I'm quite surprised that this kind of an essential feature exists in console but not in PC :confusednew:
I found what the problem was. The PC has the "Flatten" option, in fact if you use the keyboard/mouse it only has the Flatten and the Smoothing options it does not have the Raise and Lower options, but even though I play FS19 on the PC I use my PS4 controller and the Flatten key "R1" does not appear on the screen menu so I tried to use it anyway and it works, not only it works but it seems to cost a lot less as well. This could very well make a difference on my gameplay and change my game.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Nice thing is you can flatten your area then use smooth to make the edges look nice then your placeable just costs the base price usually.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
PowerCheez

Post by PowerCheez »

I would have liked to see the landscaping feature allow you to make your changes, see how it looks and how much it will cost and then have to confirm or cancel the job.
Quity

Post by Quity »

RedEagle 11 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:43 pm
RODHA wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:56 pm
RedEagle 11 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:23 pm It doesn't have it on PC, it has: Raise, Lower and Smooth, no flattening.
Are sure about this? May be you missed the option?
I'm asking just because I'm quite surprised that this kind of an essential feature exists in console but not in PC :confusednew:
I found what the problem was. The PC has the "Flatten" option, in fact if you use the keyboard/mouse it only has the Flatten and the Smoothing options it does not have the Raise and Lower options, but even though I play FS19 on the PC I use my PS4 controller and the Flatten key "R1" does not appear on the screen menu so I tried to use it anyway and it works, not only it works but it seems to cost a lot less as well. This could very well make a difference on my gameplay and change my game.
I think that all options are available also on PC, if i remember correctly the bindings by default are this:
LEFT MOUSE CLICK: RAISE
RIGHT MOUSE CLICK: LOWER
LEFT & RIGHT MOUSE CLICK (BOTH): FLATTEN
MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON (WHEEL): SMOOTH (work betters if you use the size of the sculpting tool bigger than 2, at least 4)
LindavK1972

Post by LindavK1972 »

PoggleBox wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:49 pm
LindavK1972 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:15 pm I have a problem. The cursor used to move around on the screen with the green workarea. Now it's stuck on the center of the screen?
Known issue with controllers interfering with the mouse. I have the same problem with X-52 connected. Disconnect the controller to landscape then save and restart with controller connected.
Lifesaver! I had my HOTAS Cougar connected and once i unplugged it, viola! Thanks so much!
Krahazik

Post by Krahazik »

So far I have not found the landscaping to be all that expensive for most of my tasks. I do have 1 project that is fairly expensive, but then, im flattening out a large field, cutting into a large hill to do it. When im done 1 side of the field is goingto have a cliff wall taller than any of the sheds we can buy. But the field should be much easier to work once im done and should get me 2 cotton bails per run. I do have another field that I had some isses with harvesting, I decided to try the smoothing tool on it instead of flattening it, and now its smooth sailing.

I am also loving the texture function of the landscaping toolset. Nice to be able to edge my fields and draw paths and roadways around certain sheds and things.
silly_billie14

Post by silly_billie14 »

Will we or are we able to place the wild grass that is the default grass on the maps so that landscaping looks more natural?
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

silly_billie14 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:27 am Will we or are we able to place the wild grass that is the default grass on the maps so that landscaping looks more natural?
Probably not
G'day
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

There is still the answer by GIANTS in this forum, that they are working on it. Hope, they still do.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

silly_billie14 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:27 am Will we or are we able to place the wild grass that is the default grass on the maps so that landscaping looks more natural?
What platform are you on? There's a wild grass mod by jodamm. It's in the WIP mods section of the forum. I think the download is in the topic. The mod allows you to plant grass anywhere with a seeder and mix in some weeds if you would like to without having to plow previously beforehand. *thumbsup*. By the way it's for PC.
G'day
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

If you plow (create field), plant grass and then run the roller over it, grass will grow thru it
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

I'm all cool with landscaping except one thing. When applying grass texture. Grass isn't growing there anymore...why?
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi: