Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Gormett
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 am

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by Gormett » Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am

AndOnTheDrums wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm
FarmBoss wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 am


Shouldn't compare FS to other games. At least that's what I'm always told.
There are many things that are not implemented correctly in FS. Don't get me started on that list. I'm trying to have hope for 22.
Comparing FS to non-farming games is a waste of energy. What GIANTS needs the game engine to do in order to keep track of all the possible field states, animals, etc in real time is incredibly taxing and cannot be compared to other games that have fixed states in each map area. If you want to be unhappy about that, suit yourself. I would love for there to be amazing jumps in the game engine in each release - from what I understand, the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems. Who knows, maybe that’s BS. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ah yes, there's always people like you who say that the engine is storing so many variables and physics objects that it is technically impossible that this engine even exists and runs "so well" because Giants said so. Never looking at other games because Giants is our messiah and what they say is holy.

Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?

Animals
Animals are non-interactive, they're just empty polygons constrained to terrain, they don't even have collision. All the variables needed for for example cows are Cleanliness, Water, Straw, Food, Silage, Grass and Manure, Slurry, Milk and their number.
That's a whole lot of 11 variables. Wow, it's a miracle that a Giants engine can handle so much data.

the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems.
The game is quite taxing on high end systems with it's poor optimization, no need for new features to break the game, the game's been broken for a long time.

DEERE317
Posts: 2375
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by DEERE317 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:38 am

“Quite taxing” :lol:
i5-9400f, 8gb RAM, GTX1660ti is high and end... NOT.
The map is 2kmx2km, or 2,000m x 2,000m
And it stores data in 0.5m chunks, so 4,000 x 4,000 chunks. Or 16,000,000 positions to store (and more as some are fields)
And for animal’s, I wonder why the mod that gives a max of 32 pens advises its taxing... probably because the game has to keep nearly constant tabs on the status of all those variables and update them.
As for the first part, no game engine has to handle that other than farming games (none of which I believe use premade engines)
The closest non farming game I can think of is Gold Rush the Game as it has to keep track of lots of dirt piles (no field state type stuff) and it runs a premade engine. And is capable of loading down a decent computer.
Also good try insulting those who care to understand basic game design.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
i5-9400f, GTX1660ti, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb SSD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.

User avatar
j_maybury
Posts: 631
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by j_maybury » Thu May 06, 2021 1:56 pm

s7davis wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:17 am
j_maybury wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:28 pm
eric21 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 am


Exactly, I think he's annoyed that he's not getting what he wants.

Can you tell me exactly what it is that a PC can do in the base game that the consoles can't do??? :confusednew:
A PC can run scripts in base game. While Consoles all the scripts have to be converted to XML. Oh buy as many vehicles as possible cause PC don't have a slot limit.
So, as far as the game element exists there is no difference between PC and console, apart from everything that we have to make for our selves and others. Meanwhile, the things we had in the previous games we can no longer have.

pietro200
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:55 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by pietro200 » Thu May 06, 2021 5:36 pm

DEERE317 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:38 am
“Quite taxing” :lol:
i5-9400f, 8gb RAM, GTX1660ti is high and end... NOT.
The map is 2kmx2km, or 2,000m x 2,000m
And it stores data in 0.5m chunks, so 4,000 x 4,000 chunks. Or 16,000,000 positions to store (and more as some are fields)
And for animal’s, I wonder why the mod that gives a max of 32 pens advises its taxing... probably because the game has to keep nearly constant tabs on the status of all those variables and update them.
As for the first part, no game engine has to handle that other than farming games (none of which I believe use premade engines)
The closest non farming game I can think of is Gold Rush the Game as it has to keep track of lots of dirt piles (no field state type stuff) and it runs a premade engine. And is capable of loading down a decent computer.
Also good try insulting those who care to understand basic game design.
I don't know how it is optimized on the "mid-range", I can confirm that in the last few weeks (I'm without GPU, it broke) playing only using the integrated video card of my i5-7500 with 8gb of ram at 2400Mhz ( therefore I define VERY low band) and FS installed on a mechanical hard disk and yet I can "play" at about 20fps (if I frame the particles or else it drops a little) with the general settings on low. It is not a sight to behold, but it is still playable. So on "poor" platforms it works better than expected

DEERE317
Posts: 2375
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by DEERE317 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:56 pm

My laptop (should be in my signature) is about the same, handles the game, just is miserable.

And just thought of something with other end systems, at least the YouTubers I’ve watched with high end stuff are mod hoarders and probably are just pushing their hardware and the game engine into ridiculous overload.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
i5-9400f, GTX1660ti, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb SSD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.

FarmBoss
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by FarmBoss » Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm

Gormett wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am
AndOnTheDrums wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm
FarmBoss wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 am


Shouldn't compare FS to other games. At least that's what I'm always told.
There are many things that are not implemented correctly in FS. Don't get me started on that list. I'm trying to have hope for 22.
Comparing FS to non-farming games is a waste of energy. What GIANTS needs the game engine to do in order to keep track of all the possible field states, animals, etc in real time is incredibly taxing and cannot be compared to other games that have fixed states in each map area. If you want to be unhappy about that, suit yourself. I would love for there to be amazing jumps in the game engine in each release - from what I understand, the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems. Who knows, maybe that’s BS. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ah yes, there's always people like you who say that the engine is storing so many variables and physics objects that it is technically impossible that this engine even exists and runs "so well" because Giants said so. Never looking at other games because Giants is our messiah and what they say is holy.

Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?

Animals
Animals are non-interactive, they're just empty polygons constrained to terrain, they don't even have collision. All the variables needed for for example cows are Cleanliness, Water, Straw, Food, Silage, Grass and Manure, Slurry, Milk and their number.
That's a whole lot of 11 variables. Wow, it's a miracle that a Giants engine can handle so much data.

the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems.
The game is quite taxing on high end systems with it's poor optimization, no need for new features to break the game, the game's been broken for a long time.

Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).

AndOnTheDrums
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by AndOnTheDrums » Thu May 06, 2021 10:36 pm

FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm
Gormett wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am
AndOnTheDrums wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm


Comparing FS to non-farming games is a waste of energy. What GIANTS needs the game engine to do in order to keep track of all the possible field states, animals, etc in real time is incredibly taxing and cannot be compared to other games that have fixed states in each map area. If you want to be unhappy about that, suit yourself. I would love for there to be amazing jumps in the game engine in each release - from what I understand, the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems. Who knows, maybe that’s BS. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ah yes, there's always people like you who say that the engine is storing so many variables and physics objects that it is technically impossible that this engine even exists and runs "so well" because Giants said so. Never looking at other games because Giants is our messiah and what they say is holy.

Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?

Animals
Animals are non-interactive, they're just empty polygons constrained to terrain, they don't even have collision. All the variables needed for for example cows are Cleanliness, Water, Straw, Food, Silage, Grass and Manure, Slurry, Milk and their number.
That's a whole lot of 11 variables. Wow, it's a miracle that a Giants engine can handle so much data.

the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems.
The game is quite taxing on high end systems with it's poor optimization, no need for new features to break the game, the game's been broken for a long time.

Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
It doesnt just have to keep track of field and animal states, vehicle and bale/pallet locations, etc - it has to allow for a player to interact with and change all of those things at any time, with a moment’s notice. Maybe we can get more of the features you want (I want them too!) if we were willing to sit through load screens every time you enter a new quadrant of the map (which means getting rid of vehicle tabbing), but I’d guess people would complain about that too.

DEERE317
Posts: 2375
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by DEERE317 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:48 pm

Apparently seeing logic means throwing computer coding out the window to some...
And didn’t you say you liked this game? Or are you a Crops and Cattle shill? :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
i5-9400f, GTX1660ti, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb SSD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.

User avatar
theSeb
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by theSeb » Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 am

FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm
Gormett wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am
AndOnTheDrums wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm


Comparing FS to non-farming games is a waste of energy. What GIANTS needs the game engine to do in order to keep track of all the possible field states, animals, etc in real time is incredibly taxing and cannot be compared to other games that have fixed states in each map area. If you want to be unhappy about that, suit yourself. I would love for there to be amazing jumps in the game engine in each release - from what I understand, the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems. Who knows, maybe that’s BS. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ah yes, there's always people like you who say that the engine is storing so many variables and physics objects that it is technically impossible that this engine even exists and runs "so well" because Giants said so. Never looking at other games because Giants is our messiah and what they say is holy.

Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?

Animals
Animals are non-interactive, they're just empty polygons constrained to terrain, they don't even have collision. All the variables needed for for example cows are Cleanliness, Water, Straw, Food, Silage, Grass and Manure, Slurry, Milk and their number.
That's a whole lot of 11 variables. Wow, it's a miracle that a Giants engine can handle so much data.

the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems.
The game is quite taxing on high end systems with it's poor optimization, no need for new features to break the game, the game's been broken for a long time.

Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
It's completely incorrect gibberish, at best, but it's no surprise that it makes sense to you. The reason why you like the post is called "confirmation bias".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."
http://www.realismusmodding.com

Knowledge should be shared and open so don't PM me for Seasons support. *thumbsup*

FarmBoss
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by FarmBoss » Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 am

theSeb wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 am
FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm
Gormett wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am


Ah yes, there's always people like you who say that the engine is storing so many variables and physics objects that it is technically impossible that this engine even exists and runs "so well" because Giants said so. Never looking at other games because Giants is our messiah and what they say is holy.

Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?

Animals
Animals are non-interactive, they're just empty polygons constrained to terrain, they don't even have collision. All the variables needed for for example cows are Cleanliness, Water, Straw, Food, Silage, Grass and Manure, Slurry, Milk and their number.
That's a whole lot of 11 variables. Wow, it's a miracle that a Giants engine can handle so much data.

the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems.
The game is quite taxing on high end systems with it's poor optimization, no need for new features to break the game, the game's been broken for a long time.

Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
It's completely incorrect gibberish, at best, but it's no surprise that it makes sense to you. The reason why you like the post is called "confirmation bias".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."
You're probably thinking how clever you are, but failing see how this confirmation bias could be directed at you. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all considering some of your replies. I don't understand why you and your fans always resort to picking on people who have different opinions of certain aspects of the game than you.
I could quote the Bullying wiki, but I don't feel like it.

DEERE317
Posts: 2375
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by DEERE317 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:06 am

FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm
Gormett wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am
AndOnTheDrums wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 pm


Comparing FS to non-farming games is a waste of energy. What GIANTS needs the game engine to do in order to keep track of all the possible field states, animals, etc in real time is incredibly taxing and cannot be compared to other games that have fixed states in each map area. If you want to be unhappy about that, suit yourself. I would love for there to be amazing jumps in the game engine in each release - from what I understand, the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems. Who knows, maybe that’s BS. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ah yes, there's always people like you who say that the engine is storing so many variables and physics objects that it is technically impossible that this engine even exists and runs "so well" because Giants said so. Never looking at other games because Giants is our messiah and what they say is holy.

Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?

Animals
Animals are non-interactive, they're just empty polygons constrained to terrain, they don't even have collision. All the variables needed for for example cows are Cleanliness, Water, Straw, Food, Silage, Grass and Manure, Slurry, Milk and their number.
That's a whole lot of 11 variables. Wow, it's a miracle that a Giants engine can handle so much data.

the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems.
The game is quite taxing on high end systems with it's poor optimization, no need for new features to break the game, the game's been broken for a long time.

Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
How does releasing roughly a dozen total games make it to where they should be competing with AAA games?
theSeb wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 am
FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm
Gormett wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 am


Ah yes, there's always people like you who say that the engine is storing so many variables and physics objects that it is technically impossible that this engine even exists and runs "so well" because Giants said so. Never looking at other games because Giants is our messiah and what they say is holy.

Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?

Animals
Animals are non-interactive, they're just empty polygons constrained to terrain, they don't even have collision. All the variables needed for for example cows are Cleanliness, Water, Straw, Food, Silage, Grass and Manure, Slurry, Milk and their number.
That's a whole lot of 11 variables. Wow, it's a miracle that a Giants engine can handle so much data.

the high end requests from PC and console players would tax even the highest powered systems.
The game is quite taxing on high end systems with it's poor optimization, no need for new features to break the game, the game's been broken for a long time.

Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
It's completely incorrect gibberish, at best, but it's no surprise that it makes sense to you. The reason why you like the post is called "confirmation bias".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."
You also forgot Dunning-Kruger.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning ... ger_effect
Essentially knowing so little one doesn’t know that they don’t know.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
i5-9400f, GTX1660ti, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb SSD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.

DEERE317
Posts: 2375
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by DEERE317 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 am

FarmBoss wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 am
theSeb wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 am
FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm



Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
It's completely incorrect gibberish, at best, but it's no surprise that it makes sense to you. The reason why you like the post is called "confirmation bias".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."
You're probably thinking how clever you are, but failing see how this confirmation bias could be directed at you. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all considering some of your replies. I don't understand why you and your fans always resort to picking on people who have different opinions of certain aspects of the game than you.
I could quote the Bullying wiki, but I don't feel like it.
I’d say one of the top Modders who works with GIANTS staff and messes with the game engine on an almost unmatched level for modding knows some stuff... meanwhile you have yet to show anything for why you say that GIANTS engine is terribly unoptimized and doesn’t add lots of stuff up... probably because it doesn’t exist.
Also someone disagreeing with you doesn’t make them a bully.
I need to go check my garden shed as I think my digging a hole for oneself shovel went missing.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
i5-9400f, GTX1660ti, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb SSD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.

Drmattymd
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: VA, USA

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by Drmattymd » Fri May 07, 2021 2:46 am

FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm



Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
Field states ?
So they have to store 1 value for current growth phase, 1 value for fertilization and 1 value for herbicide AFAIK in the base game. That sounds an awful lot to store three bits in the game memory for a large chunk. Ever seen a FS field update half way - One half growing, the other ready for harvest as if it were Minecraft ?


That is the problem with his argument.
Playing on PC and PS4

User avatar
faruk9154
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by faruk9154 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:29 am

I wondered if something. Will old models in Fs19 be revised in Fs22? Equipments with missing dynamic hoses, vehicles and equipments with old textures etc. If they are left with old textures and missing hoses, it would be a very huge deficiency for this game. If this happens, I will not buy the new game.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:

User avatar
theSeb
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by theSeb » Fri May 07, 2021 7:44 am

FarmBoss wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 am
theSeb wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:07 am
FarmBoss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm



Your post makes perfect sense to people who can see the logic. However, there are so many who will make excuse after excuse. This is the best and only way, and no other game comes close to processing what FS has to process. Another one is they're a small shop, and shouldn't be compared to AAA titles, even though they're on their 6th version (not counting mobile).
It's completely incorrect gibberish, at best, but it's no surprise that it makes sense to you. The reason why you like the post is called "confirmation bias".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

"Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values.[1] People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."
You're probably thinking how clever you are, but failing see how this confirmation bias could be directed at you. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all considering some of your replies. I don't understand why you and your fans always resort to picking on people who have different opinions of certain aspects of the game than you.
I could quote the Bullying wiki, but I don't feel like it.
Pointing out confirmation bias and factual inconsistencies is not bullying, or picking on people. I find it hilarious that you think it’s perfectly fine to include thinly veiled insults on a regular basis at anyone who has a different opinion, or who posts facts that don’t match up with your preconceived notions, but somebody pointing out that your confirmation bias is showing forces you to flash the victim card. It’s not surprising, but it is hilarious. You should be happy, since you have managed to achieve what you get a thrill out of and destroyed yet another thread thanks to your childish and unpleasant behaviour.
http://www.realismusmodding.com

Knowledge should be shared and open so don't PM me for Seasons support. *thumbsup*

Post Reply