Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

j_maybury

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by j_maybury »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:50 pm
The PC users ain't gonna have limitations
Ever since FS17 the PC community have had far less immersive content in this game franchise than in FS15 and FS13. Did you know that most of the content with working parts was pretty much standard in FS13 and even more so in FS15? Only the vanilla equipment that came with the game was without opening doors and windows and we had fully working balers that had to be loaded up with bale wire, back then too.
We have already lost out This is just another extra nail in the coffin.
DEERE317

Re: Cross-platform multiplayer: Play Farming Simulator 22 with all of your friends!

Post by DEERE317 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 pm They call the game itself a sandbox, not really a Simulator. I would guess more people are happy about this than not. They have changed every single thing you mention since fs13 and if you can't see that you need help. Is it perfect? No, but they have adapted and who knows maybe fs22 will make it better.
Yeah. Fert levels have went from one to 2 (3 in 17), herbicide has been added, lime added, “compaction” (plowing), many common crops, etc and “nothing has changed”
And PF makes it even different.
Gotta love people who can’t see the forest for the trees.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

j_maybury wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 am
Ever since FS17 the PC community have had far less immersive content in this game franchise than in FS15 and FS13. Did you know that most of the content with working parts was pretty much standard in FS13 and even more so in FS15? Only the vanilla equipment that came with the game was without opening doors and windows and we had fully working balers that had to be loaded up with bale wire, back then too.
Unsure what your point here is since modders have found ways to make things possible that wouldn't be possible in older versions of the game. And your particular example of bale wire is possible with the Addon Straw Harvest

Don't see why everyone has to complain that the game isn't completely perfect for their standards. Leave it at constructive criticism and let Giants decide. It's their game, not ours
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:24 am
Unsure what your point here is since modders have found ways to make things possible that wouldn't be possible in older versions of the game. And your particular example of bale wire is possible with the Addon Straw Harvest
My point is that we have only just caught up with where we were Eight years ago, in fact, we are still lagging behind in some areas.
But I have learned to live with it. After all, it is only a game. But don't say that we should be somehow grateful for their decisions to have us shackled to the speed and the power of a console. It is like being chained to a dead man.
Pekoo

Post by Pekoo »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 pm They call the game itself a sandbox, not really a Simulator. I would guess more people are happy about this than not. They have changed every single thing you mention since fs13 and if you can't see that you need help. Is it perfect? No, but they have adapted and who knows maybe fs22 will make it better.
So come on, "Farming Sandbox 22" will be a new game as there are happy gamers who have adapted to having console performance on a PC.

The game is stagnant in the same functions, the game crashes when a new player enters the game...

I'm just wanting a better game, I'm criticizing some points of the game that could be resolved a long time ago, if you're satisfied with the game I'm happy for you.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Pekoo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:31 am
So come on, "Farming Sandbox 22" will be a new game as there are happy gamers who have adapted to having console performance on a PC.

The game is stagnant in the same functions, the game crashes when a new player enters the game...

I'm just wanting a better game, I'm criticizing some points of the game that could be resolved a long time ago, if you're satisfied with the game I'm happy for you.
Not sure how the game pausing to synchronize is crashing… but whatever. Can’t appreciate what you refuse to see.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 am
ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:50 pm
The PC users ain't gonna have limitations
Not sure how it’s GIANTS fault that the way modders choose to make stuff has changed. (IMO for the better for the most part, better performance, looks, and functionality)
Granted I guess I don’t have the interest in manually moving doors every time I get in or out of a vehicle so I wouldn’t notice these regressions…
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I would have a hard time believing the game would be that much better simply due to the fact that in a recent podcast they said console to pc sales was close to a fifty fifty split. That means they doubled their revenue with the console port. I find it hard to believe that the game would be any better with half the revenue, console hardware is limiting but so is a good portion of pc’s. This game doesn’t have the fan base to cut off large portions of players due to hardware limitations or it would end up like cattle and stuff.
Pekoo

Post by Pekoo »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am

Not sure how the game pausing to synchronize is crashing… but whatever. Can’t appreciate what you refuse to see.

I'm criticizing it because I like the game, I wanted the simulation to be better with each version, if you're thinking everything is cool I think it's very good.