About the AI worker in Farming Simulator 22...

norfolk farmer

Re: About the AI worker in Farming Simulator 22...

Post by norfolk farmer »

Miketeg wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:55 pm I know that they are working on it, but its a bit frustrating to see that the fieldwork part of those AI hasnt been touch at all

They still pretty dummy, running in crops, miss detection of obstacles, etc...

Hope that this will be in the top of the list for the first patch

Watch Mr FarmSimGuy streams from yesterday to understand what im talking about.
It's a common theme in all of the different content I have seen, I know it's a work in progress but for me I hope Autodrive and Courseplay will appear.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Courseplay isnt exactly perfect for fieldwork either
Playing on PC and PS4
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

The worker is cost prohibitive at the moment; the player will loose money if the helper is used for cultivating contracts on the normal economy.
mattius88

Post by mattius88 »

Shame the AI drives on the road like they've had about 7 pints of beer!! :(
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

it's true, even the giants programmers when they made fs22
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this on here (not that I've seen) but in one of the videos from Giants about the AI worker the man talking said the AI worker gets better the more it drives a certain route, hopefully that is the case because that's what he said, I've the game since release day but no time to play yet to try these rhing out.
Princess

Post by Princess »

I really was looking forward to the new "AI" workers in FS22, however they are hot garbage. They cannot perform a headland on a field, drive into objects and run off the road. They are more of a hinderance than a help in most all cases. I am sure they will 'get better' with time, but for now they are just a marketing line for the game.
fuall

Post by fuall »

Princess wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:20 am I really was looking forward to the new "AI" workers in FS22, however they are hot garbage. They cannot perform a headland on a field, drive into objects and run off the road. They are more of a hinderance than a help in most all cases. I am sure they will 'get better' with time, but for now they are just a marketing line for the game.
They seem to think people want more features rather than finished features. When they say improved AI, they don't mean "improved" in the true sense of the word, they mean more, semi working AI.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

AI=Assanine Idiots?
I will give Giants credit and I think most should admit, the AI HAS gotten better with each game. But, there is room for improvement.
I just make some headlands for them, then turn them loose and they get the job done.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:00 am But, there is room for improvement.
Shoud;ve been called AS Artificial Stupidity.
Even with headlands done generously for them with some implements they skip half the land, or after a save only want to do the bit that was already done. Having them drive to a destination I only get orange error cant be reached, they dont want to drive nowhere on HB. In prevoous versions I skipped AI for 99% of time and I will gladly do so now too :hi:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
SicknoteFarms

Post by SicknoteFarms »

With precision farming in 19 it supposedly made the hired workers more efficient, I wonder if when precision farming is released for 22 it will fix all the fieldwork issues that are currently there?
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Funny how they accomplish to get a worker to drive from one end of a map to another and empty their trailer. But fail to get a worker to finish a single field for a 100%
Ignorance is bliss
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

it is not the fault of the elper but of the mapping of the fields
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

And at the same time, people complain that Giants make too many square fields lol. A simple headland feature for the AI, where they circle the field when they finished, would be the simplest addition to the AI system.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:55 am And at the same time, people complain that Giants make too many square fields lol. A simple headland feature for the AI, where they circle the field when they finished, would be the simplest addition to the AI system.
Or do the headland first for some tasks (harvesting, mowing, baling etc).

The square fields and bland environment is because GIANTS haven't been able to create an AI that works with for example curved or irregular fields.

One near the starting farm on Elmcreek (field 49) confuses them easily and they just stop - they even turn around and are facing the right way with the unworked field right in front of them, but they stop just before they get back to the field.

I'm OK with GIANTS effectively carrying over FS19's field AI though, on the proviso that they keep to their promise of improving them in updates. Lord knows we've waited long enough.