Volvo Is Coming To Farming Simulator 22!

CoreyTr

Re: Volvo Is Coming To Farming Simulator 22!

Post by CoreyTr »

Anyone want to speculate if Volvo will bring anything new to the game, other than a different name on the side?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I dunno if they can bring anything new but a name on the side everyone flips out haha
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:50 pm Ford, GM and Dodge likely want a ridiculous amount of money to be licensed.
How do you know that?
Do you have inside info?
Onkel Mo

Post by Onkel Mo »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:26 pm Is that the autumn DLC announcement or is this a bonus thing?
Or a glimpse for the first expansion.... Quarrying!!!!
Someone in the german forum wrote that Listeran said in an stream that it won't be the autumn DLC.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Onkel Mo wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:51 pm Someone in the german forum wrote that Listeran said in an stream that it won't be the autumn DLC.
Probably the summer dlc
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

According to the following press release from Volvo CE it looks like the focus of the Volvo Pack/DLC/whatever will be on forestry equipment and to present their new wheel loader:
https://www.volvoce.com/global/en/news- ... simulator/
Volvo CE’s role in the game will be to provide players with the opportunity to experience a true-to-life logging and forestry worksite through a number of gamified Volvo CE machines – most notable among them will be the new Volvo L200H High Lift wheel loader.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

That for me would be very disappointing.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I guess paid DLC is worth it if you want to pay for a name.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

don_apple wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:16 pm According to the following press release from Volvo CE it looks like the focus of the Volvo Pack/DLC/whatever will be on forestry equipment and to present their new wheel loader:
Volvo CE’s role in the game will be to provide players with the opportunity to experience a true-to-life logging and forestry worksite through a number of gamified Volvo CE machines – most notable among them will be the new Volvo L200H High Lift wheel loader.
I guess that might be worth it if we get a excavator with a Tree Harvester attachment
I assume it's more of a marketing thing for Volvo than it is for farm sim players...
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

You mean an excavator that can't be used as an excavator?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:09 pm
don_apple wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:16 pm According to the following press release from Volvo CE it looks like the focus of the Volvo Pack/DLC/whatever will be on forestry equipment and to present their new wheel loader:
I guess that might be worth it if we get a excavator with a Tree Harvester attachment
I assume it's more of a marketing thing for Volvo than it is for farm sim players...
https://www.volvoce.com/united-states/e ... s/l200hhl/

They also make trucks.
https://www.volvotrucks.us/
So maybe one/some Semi(s), the log moving monstrosity, a wheel loader or two, and maybe an excavator? I doubt we get any dump trucks compactors, or pipelayers.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I really hate to say it but if it's a DLC #3, I'll be really disappointed if it's essentially a "logging" pack. I know this is just my opinion but, I hate logging, it's tedious and very hard to do, especially if you don't have more than just a mouse and keyboards. Logging for me is a painful necessity as you need planks for furniture. So I use the "lumberjack" mod and super strength to do what I have to do. H**l even Daggerwin does the same. I'm not about to buy the "logitech" bundle just so I can use a $12 DLC.
Now trucks or construction equipment that would be a different story but purely cosmetic as we can't do construction. Terrafarm showed a lot of promise for earth moving, but I'm not sure where it stands atm as I haven't seen any updates.
Perhaps some sort of update will be made in FS24 and we will be able to use construction equipment. One can only dream.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 pm You mean an excavator that can't be used as an excavator?
Hey hey hey listen here bud, the excavator is a Swiss Army knife there’s construction equipment and then there’s excavators. Flip a machine over? No need for a wrecker just get an excavator. Have a pile you wanna get rid of? Mount it and top load er out. Helper A and B smash into each other again? Pull them apart with the excavator and prevent further damage. Need to get rid of that pesky nature? Push that forest over and bury it so you can plant more soybeans, but remember to set some of the oaks aside for the inevitable old man that stops by and asks for some for his wood burner. They do way more than dig holes, I can keep going if you want?
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:56 am
CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 pm You mean an excavator that can't be used as an excavator?
Hey hey hey listen here bud, the excavator is a Swiss Army knife there’s construction equipment and then there’s excavators. Flip a machine over? No need for a wrecker just get an excavator. Have a pile you wanna get rid of? Mount it and top load er out. Helper A and B smash into each other again? Pull them apart with the excavator and prevent further damage. Need to get rid of that pesky nature? Push that forest over and bury it so you can plant more soybeans, but remember to set some of the oaks aside for the inevitable old man that stops by and asks for some for his wood burner. They do way more than dig holes, I can keep going if you want?
LOL, an excavator has come to my rescue many a times especially as certain vehicles have a tendency to flip over when loaded. (the trailer's loaded not me...)
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

deerefarm wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:28 am
LOL, an excavator has come to my rescue many a times especially as certain vehicles have a tendency to flip over when loaded. (the trailer's loaded not me...)
Sometimes it turns out both were loaded haha