Volvo Is Coming To Farming Simulator 22!

FarmerJohn89

Re: Volvo Is Coming To Farming Simulator 22!

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:01 am
FarmerJohn89 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:09 pm
don_apple wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:16 pm According to the following press release from Volvo CE it looks like the focus of the Volvo Pack/DLC/whatever will be on forestry equipment and to present their new wheel loader:
https://www.volvoce.com/global/en/news- ... simulator/

I guess that might be worth it if we get a excavator with a Tree Harvester attachment
I assume it's more of a marketing thing for Volvo than it is for farm sim players...
https://www.volvoce.com/united-states/e ... s/l200hhl/
They also make trucks.
https://www.volvotrucks.us/
So maybe one/some Semi(s), the log moving monstrosity, a wheel loader or two, and maybe an excavator? I doubt we get any dump trucks compactors, or pipelayers.
That's what I would like but let's not get ahead of ourselves I've learnt with giants it's best to keep the bar very low. So let's just assume we're getting that ridiculous log loader and anything else is pure bonus.... And expect it like next year 🤣
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, if Volvo was to be the 3rd pack, I'm sure they would have had the dlc list updated by now? Currently still showing the placeholder
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:56 am
CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 pm You mean an excavator that can't be used as an excavator?
Hey hey hey listen here bud, the excavator is a Swiss Army knife there’s construction equipment and then there’s excavators. Flip a machine over? No need for a wrecker just get an excavator. Have a pile you wanna get rid of? Mount it and top load er out. Helper A and B smash into each other again? Pull them apart with the excavator and prevent further damage. Need to get rid of that pesky nature? Push that forest over and bury it so you can plant more soybeans, but remember to set some of the oaks aside for the inevitable old man that stops by and asks for some for his wood burner. They do way more than dig holes, I can keep going if you want?
Absolutely, in real life, the jack of all trades, although a bit slow in arriving.
In FS, you can't use an excavator to excavate.
Maybe someday there'll be a DLC I'd be interested in. Until then, I'll sit back and whine.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

In 19, there were pc maps that you could.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CoreyTr wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:33 pm
Absolutely, in real life, the jack of all trades, although a bit slow in arriving.
In FS, you can't use an excavator to excavate.
Maybe someday there'll be a DLC I'd be interested in. Until then, I'll sit back and whine.
I was being half sarcastic half serious but I honestly don’t expect it outside of a fixed processor head or grapple for loading logs. I’m not sure they even know they have a terra farm mod that allows digging on pc that an excavator would be awesome for
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

Volvo's schtick about 'focusing on forestry' seems like it will limit what we'll get. I have a gut feeling we won't see an excavator, or anything to harvest trees with. Volvo CE doesn't manufacture forestry equipment that goes out in the woods anymore, only equipment used in the yard. Maybe they'll bring in an existing brand for something like a forestry head on a quick coupler?

We know the L200HHL is coming; I figure Giants has to make the little electric loader, that sounds like something they would do. I'm hoping we'll see something like an L180H or L220H in addition. Volvo has a line of wheel loader attachments, so a large(r) wheel loader with an available log grapple and low density bucket fits the forestry theme. I'd like to see a larger wheel loader come to the game with a matching bucket; I've seen older Volvo's and Michigan's loading scat for spreading at chicken and turkey farms in MN.

The Volvo website has photos of their material handlers moving slashings, that would be a cool addition that could fit the forestry theme.

I'm concerned Giants will disappoint us with something like an L90H and another small/medium wheel loader, then tell us to use the in game wheel loader attachments.
falino

Post by falino »

There was a Volvo Fh logging truck shown in the trailer, so hopefully we will get trucks 2, otherwise they just made a massive mistake...
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My only hope is that the log physics and ghost branches are fixed as part of this DLC.
crash

Post by crash »

falino wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:50 pm There was a Volvo Fh logging truck shown in the trailer, so hopefully we will get trucks 2, otherwise they just made a massive mistake...

Wonder what the old classic volvo tractor mentioned in the stream is? 500, 814, 2654?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway