[FS17] GIANTS Editor 7.0.3

masseyharris

Re: [FS17] GIANTS Editor 7.0.3

Post by masseyharris »

Stegei wrote:There are 2 possibilities to block the game from putting material on the ground:
Many thanks Stegei, very helpful info, I'm learning more with each step of my map build.
Last edited by masseyharris on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jujuokl

Post by jujuokl »

Can someone same me why it didn't work for me ? TipCol Layer work, but wall collision don't work

Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

jujuokl, did you run the Create Ground Collision Map script? Did you start a new savegame?
Also your wall are quite thin, the collision detection might miss collisions that are thinner than 0.5cm. So you might want to add extra collision objects at your silo walls that are 0.5cm think and just set 19bit to the collision mask. This way, it will act as a tip collision wall, but won't collide with your vehicles so that you can still drive up to the wall completely.
Also if you enter "gsShowTipCollisions" in the console of the game, it will indicate where collisions have been detected (green dots = no collision, blue dots = regular blocked area, red dots = wall collision) (F4 Wireframe view might help to see inside walls)
jujuokl

Post by jujuokl »

OMG
I have try before set larger collision, but i didn't work so i set back to little for my wall. I just try again and this time it work. fu** my life
For the only 19bit collision mask, it's not a problem, my wall already have rigidbody .
But i don't have gsShowTipCollisions in the game console :/
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Hi Stegei,
I have found a possible problem with 7.0.3 Editor.
When I load my map into Editor ver 7.0.2 everything is fine. I can select the rail spline and work on it.

But when I try to select the spline in ver 7.0.3 Giants Editor stops working immediately.

I cannot edit either of my rail splines in 7.0.3 without the editor crashing but can safely edit them in previous versions.

(Both of the rail splines are imported from your default map 02 I don't believe there is anything unusual about them).
TracyRose

Post by TracyRose »

alfiecat wrote:Hi Stegei,
I have found a possible problem with 7.0.3 Editor.
When I load my map into Editor ver 7.0.2 everything is fine. I can select the rail spline and work on it.

But when I try to select the spline in ver 7.0.3 Giants Editor stops working immediately.

I cannot edit either of my rail splines in 7.0.3 without the editor crashing but can safely edit them in previous versions.

(Both of the rail splines are imported from your default map 02 I don't believe there is anything unusual about them).
I have the same issue AND GE 7.0.3 also freezes(stop working) when I click on any particle file in the particleSystems group (e.g. smokeParticleSystem_emitter, blackSmokeParticleSystem_emitter)
thediabl0

Post by thediabl0 »

Suggestion for the next versión (no 7.0.4)

- Option in click right for create transform directly in the transform selectioned
- It does not move the Scenegraph tree when you cut or erase something.
PC Specs:
- i5 4690 3.5 Ghz
- GTX 1060 O6G
- 16 GB Ram DDR3
- Win 7 Pro
- Xbox One Controller