Farming Simulator Mod Contest 2017

Beastbubba

Re: Farming Simulator Mod Contest 2017

Post by Beastbubba »

I expect the mods to be released this week. We will be the ones voting on them not Giants... And in order for us to get them, test them, and vote on them by the 24th they will need to be released soon.
PC gamer.
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

Let's hope Giants have upgraded their servers. Last year they couldn't cope and it looks like there is going to be a lot of entries this year including a large number of maps.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I am really interested in trying the seasons mod. I think it will be a totally different way of playing fs17. I have only seen a video of the different seasons but didn't understand a whole lot of information on playing it. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Mike3650 wrote:Let's hope Giants have upgraded their servers. Last year they couldn't cope and it looks like there is going to be a lot of entries this year including a large number of maps.

Woulden't hold my breath... They could also let a few reputable sites like FS-UK host the mods as well to reduce the traffic on just Giants, but I highly doubt they will do that either. All the mods appear on pretty much every mod site anyway by the 3rd or 4th day after they are released, and that is when the Giants servers start to speed back up.
PC gamer.
ColbyPlays

Post by ColbyPlays »

I am really looking forward to the mods in the mod contest. If they aren't released this week I will cry. (Joking)
Roysprinkhaan

Post by Roysprinkhaan »

Just a little question, from when can we vote on the mods? The deadline was on the 4th of june, so when can we start to vote?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

As soon as they are released, its the same ilke with any other mods: it's done when it's done.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
aklein

Post by aklein »

Giants needs to validate just like any other mod that there isnt any bad stuff in the mods that could damage your system and as with other mods they need to verify proper ownership and such. At this point we still have 17 days before the awards are to be given out. Still plenty of time to download and try out the mods we wish to try and vote. I will be worried if we don't see them by the end of next week. That would then only give us 7 days to try things out and vote.
ColbyPlays

Post by ColbyPlays »

They have been working hard. I am ready. I am excited.
Wiscofarmboy63

Post by Wiscofarmboy63 »

The MF 1970-1990 should be made console compatable asap. Brings me back to my childhood
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

Why is all contest stuff only for pc and Mac
Playing on PS5 and PC
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Maze313 wrote:Why is all contest stuff only for pc and Mac
Because we want to ensure a fair competition for our modders. The mod contest is build to be a contest for modders, to find the best modders and honor them. Not all mods work on console, so allowing them on console would be an unfair advantage for mods that work on both platforms. That's not what a fair competition should be about.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
roughcatjr3

Post by roughcatjr3 »

Lisertan wrote:
Maze313 wrote:Why is all contest stuff only for pc and Mac
Because we want to ensure a fair competition for our modders. The mod contest is build to be a contest for modders, to find the best modders and honor them. Not all mods work on console, so allowing them on console would be an unfair advantage for mods that work on both platforms. That's not what a fair competition should be about.
:confusednew: that doesn't make any scence at all because why is consoles an unfair advantage? Limiting the mods for pc and mac only is to me a disadvantage. Why not allow those mods for consoles to test? We can run extra scripts in mods on fallout 4. So i think that you don't want console players (that is one reason for giants big income in farm sim franchise) to enjoy the modded maps and implements that pc gamers enjoy. Now that is an unfair advantage!
garyst

Post by garyst »

I agree that only pc/Mac players should be able to vote since they can try all the mods. I don't agree that us console players should have to wait until after the contest to be able to use the mods that are console ready. Just let us play with the ones that are console ready, and let the pc guys vote and decide which is the best among them all. That's my opinion on the matter anyways.
roughcatjr3

Post by roughcatjr3 »

garyst wrote:I agree that only pc/Mac players should be able to vote since they can try all the mods. I don't agree that us console players should have to wait until after the contest to be able to use the mods that are console ready. Just let us play with the ones that are console ready, and let the pc guys vote and decide which is the best among them all. That's my opinion on the matter anyways.
That is also a good idea. They should have a beta section in the ingame mod hub for consoles so we can try the onse that are planned for us to use.