Changes to the forum

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Changes to the forum

Post by Lisertan »

Hey guys,

you might have seen it already, but there were some changes to the forum structure. This thread will give you an overview over the changes.

News and Announcements
Let's start with the obvious one: We have a News and Announcements forum now. (it used to be Official info/announcements). This will help to ensure, new players (and veterans alike) see our news right away. In addition to that, the "bugs" thread and the "feedback" thread will move to a new home. More details below.

General Questions is now General Discussion
A small change, just to reflect the content in there a bit better. It's not only questions, it's a lot of discussion as well.

New forum added: "Bug-Reports"

That's the big one right here. We are moving from a single thread with bugs to an entire forum. The reason is quite simple really. The game has gron to a point, where our QA guys have a hard time using a single thread and stay on top of things, so we are changeing the way we report bugs entirely. Please check out the new forum for details.

The "Feedback" thread is now in General Discussions
That's where it belongs, that's where it is now.

I hope you like the changes. Feel free to provide feedback and let me know what you like/dislike regarding the new structure.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
JohnDeere318

Re: Changes to the forum

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Thank you so much Lisertan! Love the new change! :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Pierre@89

Post by Pierre@89 »

hey farmers :hi:

will we see this changes on French forum ? it looks geat and really usefull for search and reading !
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Pierre@89 wrote:hey farmers :hi:

will we see this changes on French forum ? it looks geat and really usefull for search and reading !
I'll do my best to mirror the changes there as well, yes. Unfortunately, I'm not able to speak French myself, so the FR and PL forums have to wait until everything is final. Once we are happy with the new structure of the forums, I'll grab our French guys and adjust the FR forums as well.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Pierre@89

Post by Pierre@89 »

thank you for answering boss ! i'll still reading the English forum and i'll still follow your awesome work
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Just a suggestion to the forum: couldn't you guys remove the "Demolition Company" from the name of the forum? There is no more "Demolition Company" anymore on the boards. Maybe, maybe, (probably should leave "Ski-Region Simulator" just in case?) remove the "Ski-Region Simulator" boards to? Nobody has used them in quite sometime. :)

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

It looks organized, i like that, great job Lisertan.
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Just a suggestion to the forum: couldn't you guys remove the "Demolition Company" from the name of the forum? There is no more "Demolition Company" anymore on the boards. Maybe, maybe, (probably should leave "Ski-Region Simulator" just in case?) remove the "Ski-Region Simulator" boards to? Nobody has used them in quite sometime. :)
We still own the games (Demolition Company that is), so let's keep it there for now. As for the Ski-Region Simulator, this forum will disappear sooner or later (might not be before the next game, but we will see).
Community Manager

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Lisertan wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Just a suggestion to the forum: couldn't you guys remove the "Demolition Company" from the name of the forum? There is no more "Demolition Company" anymore on the boards. Maybe, maybe, (probably should leave "Ski-Region Simulator" just in case?) remove the "Ski-Region Simulator" boards to? Nobody has used them in quite sometime. :)
We still own the games (Demolition Company that is), so let's keep it there for now. As for the Ski-Region Simulator, this forum will disappear sooner or later (might not be before the next game, but we will see).
Ah, ok. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt