Smell the difference! Oleo SC-8 is coming to FS17

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Smell the difference! Oleo SC-8 is coming to FS17

Post by Lisertan »

GIANTS Software and Vapos Inc. are pleased to announce the Oleo SC-8 today.

We are very glad that we can finally announce that in partnership with Vapos Inc. we are working on a new hardware product specifically designed for Farming Simulator 17. The cube shaped Oleo SC-8 will bring even deeper and more realistic gaming experience to your virtual farm. Once connected via USB, the Oleo SC-8 will be able to generate more than 6700 different farming related fragrances by use of eight internal cartridges.

"We are proud to bring this new technology, which has so far only been used in Cinemas and a very small amount of other entertainment areas, to the beloved Farming Simulator series. Especially people who live in larger cities will be happy to be able to breath real country air for once."
- Martin Rabl, Marketing and PR Manager GIANTS Software

The system uses an innovative grid of odor points, which will be added to the existing maps in a later update. Once a player reaches one of these points (like stables, fields or vehicles), the system will trigger the hardware and the related fragrance emanates, creating an authentic farming experience.

Additional dynamic triggers will directly react to actions and objects in the game. For the first time ever, players will be able to differentiate between a trailer full of grass and a trailer full of liquid manure with their eyes closed - by simply smelling it.

The Oleo SC-8 is scheduled for a launch in fall 2017 and will be available for PC/Mac as well as all console versions of Farming Simulator 17. Interested players are invited to take a deep breath and try out it out in advance at gamescom in Cologne for the first time worldwide.

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Yisc

Re: Smell the difference! Oleo SC-8 is coming to FS17

Post by Yisc »

What a nice day to launch this ;)
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

I can already see the conversations about this:

Q: "Can somebody make a John Deere exhaust smell that also works on consoles? I found a JohnDeere_smell.zip mod on greatestmods_for_fs17.somedomain.bla for the PC version, can I instal that on my Xbox?"
A: "Sorry, but all addition smells for the console versions have to be approved by Sony and Microsoft, and they only allow smells that are already licensed as part of the original game"
C: "Giants is treating the console players like second class-citizens, even though we've paid a gazillion bucks for the game. I demand that we get the same mods as the PC version"

Sorry, couldn't resist :wink3:
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

I am craving for some good cow manure fragrance. Luckily spring is in the air again, so on my way to work I can smell it again if lucky. But yeah, that is what I really mis from my childhood when living on the farm. I really love it. I actually said something similar in my latest job application letter :) (for a job at Veenhuis ;-) )
PS4 player
dazdaman2014

Post by dazdaman2014 »

Sounds like an april fools to me
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

don_apple wrote:I can already see the conversations about this:

Q: "Can somebody make a John Deere exhaust smell that also works on consoles? I found a JohnDeere_smell.zip mod on greatestmods_for_fs17.somedomain.bla for the PC version, can I instal that on my Xbox?"
A: "Sorry, but all addition smells for the console versions have to be approved by Sony and Microsoft, and they only allow smells that are already licensed as part of the original game"
C: "Giants is treating the console players like second class-citizens, even though we've paid a gazillion bucks for the game. I demand that we get the same mods as the PC version"

Sorry, couldn't resist :wink3:
:lol: :lol: In this case I will be happy to let you PC/Mac players keep all the stink to yourselves. :biggrin2:
PS4
markare

Post by markare »

April fools people. So many gullible people on here haha
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

:lol:

Farming Simulator 2200 maybe? (I'll be waiting) :zunge:
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
minicooper

Post by minicooper »

Great idea. But released on All Fools day? Ha Ha
However there is a US model railway company that does differing smoke smells for wood, oil, coal, cooking etc. I think there are 10 variants.
What next? Insect bites, midge fountains and hay fever.
Reminds me of the pop songs, Smoke on the water, Something in the air, and Smoke gets in your eyes.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I like how the cows butts are red in the smell-o-graph picture. Nice touch. :D
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Honestly can't wait for this to release! :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Ok, I didn't see this info until April 3rd. So I thought it was legit. I got all excited until everyone said it was announced on April 1st therefore is an April Fools joke..

Shame on you Giants! Getting me excited for nothing. *thumbsdown*

Good joke, I admit, but wouldn't think a company would do that to their customers...

I will second guess each of your Tweets and official News/Announcement posts from now on...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Haha, on the 1st of April, you should ;)

I thought about deleting the news on the 2nd, but people seem to have fun with it so I decided to keep it for now.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

So it is fake?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
cpu_m_rossi

Post by cpu_m_rossi »

JohnDeere318 wrote:So it is fake?
yep its just a april fools joke like the just cause tractors