FarmCon17 Aftermovie

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

FarmCon17 Aftermovie

Post by Lisertan »

FarmCon17 has been a blast and we can't wait to meet you guys again. If you haven't been there and want some impressions (or if you have been there and want some memories), this is for you.

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Re: FarmCon17 Aftermovie

Post by RODHA »

I've looked everywhere to find you :confusednew:
Then I realised that I don't know your face and I couldn't recognise you in the video :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So, may be you can help me out :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote:I've looked everywhere to find you :confusednew:
Then I realised that I don't know your face and I couldn't recognise you in the video :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So, may be you can help me out :mrgreen:
It's super easy. I'm the big guy with long hair. I'm in there quite often, right in the beginning sitting around, later talking to two players and I do the selfi-stick-twist thing as well.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Ok. Now I see you :mrgreen:

We are pretty similar in the "big" department I should say :lol:
I think it has got something to do with sitting infront of a screen for hours, days sometimes :confusednew:
We, office employees, are doomed to that shape I'm affraid.

Btw, the event seems to be a good experience.
I would have really liked to be there with you.
May be another time.

And the platinum edition was a real surprise.
I don't know how you manage to keep these things as a secret.
If I were you I would have spit it out on the forum the time I hear about it :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Nah, that's simple: I don't want to get fired haha
Community Manager

JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Loved the video guys! I think it's nice to see the person who you talk to on the internet. :D

Would you be able to tell us in the video who were the rest of the team please? :D

I so wish I could've been there to meet you guys in person! Maybe FarmCon 2020? :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I SO WISH I COULD HAVE GONE!!!! YOU GUYS NEED TO DO THAT IN AMERICA!!!! :lol: :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Would you be able to tell us in the video who were the rest of the team please? :D
Let's see what we can do

0:06 is MadMäx the Board Admin and the guy who did the Community stuff before I arrived.
0:07 standing with him is Stefan Maurus one of our gameplay programers.
0:20 is x Lethian x aka Kenneth, one of our QA guys. He is very active in the forums and in Discord, so you might have seen this nick already. With him in the back is Chris Zoltan aka CeeZee, one of our tech support guys.
0:22 well, that's me :D
0:43 is our CEO and founder Chris Ammann, so he is the boss of bosses.
1:05 is Amboss aka Martin Rabl, our Marketing Manager and my boss
1:48 is Michael Horsch (the owner of HORSCH) he was our VIP guest. It's his voice in the beginning of the trailer as well (If everyone tells you it's impossible, then it has to be possible)
1:56 left of Kenneth is Lukas aka VideoDude, he is the creator of all our latest videos and trailers, including this one.
2:18 is Pfreek aka Jan, Head of QA
2:23 is Manuel Leithner, he is the Head of the German office and a gameplay programer as well. He is the boss in Germany basically.
2:26 to the right of our CEO is our CTO and 2nd founder of GIANTS Software Stefan Geiger
2:58 is Patryk Suzin our Polish QA guy (the Polish X Lethian X so to speak)
Community Manager

RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote:2:18 is Pfreek aka Jan, Head of QA
Thank you for the complete introduction Lisertan :hi:
It is always good to put a face on a name *thumbsup*

Btw, I'm pretty sure a lot of people in the community don't know that Pfreek actually has his own mod :smileynew:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

Very nice to put a face to the name.
Pfreek was a modder previously.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

So, can we assume that a modder might actually become a member of Giants?
I mean an official staff member.
PS5 / FS22
Guil

Post by Guil »

As lisertan had said, anything is possible.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes, a few ex modders now work for Giants (maurus and pfreek are two examples)
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote:So, can we assume that a modder might actually become a member of Giants?
I mean an official staff member.
Last time I checked, about 30% of the GIANTS members are ex modders. This number might not be accourate anymore, as we got some new faces, so I'd say it's more like 25% these days.

A modder knows our game and usually knows a thing or two about programing as well. They furthermore are quite passionate about FS, so there is a good chance they will apply and a good chance they get the job, given they fit into the role.

We have a great mix of ex modders, hardcore gamers and industry vets in our company. I can tell you that: It's the best place to work I've ever seen and I'm old, so I saw a few :D
Community Manager

RODHA

Post by RODHA »

As I play the game all the time and as I start to know the Giants family better I really understand how and why you feel that way.

The game itself is amazing and extraordinary somehow. I mean, it is a simulation sandbox in the end.
I don't mean that in a bad way but it is not a GTA or a Fallout or anything like those major titles but somehow it has this addiction level that no other game has. At first I thought it was just me being crazy and addicted to it but then I saw there are a lot of people like me.

I wasn't really able to explain how before, but I think I know how now.

When people gather around the same goal, the goal they just love and work on it, the end result is inevitably perfect (imo).
It is kind of a loop you know. One good thing sparks another. Great people work on a great game and that creates other great people working on a great game.
May be I'm not that right or may be I'm a bit exaggerating, because every place and every work has it own downsides but it seems pretty much like that to me.

So, I really would like to work with Giants but my proffesion is completely different I'm affraid and that is sad.

Living in Germany, working with Giants, playing FS all day long. Sounds like heaven. At least to me :smileynew: :hi:
PS5 / FS22