Tell us what you think - Mod Contest 2017 DLC Proposals

JohnDeere1952

Re: Tell us what you think - Mod Contest 2017 DLC Proposals

Post by JohnDeere1952 »

it looks like the Bavarian map will have some of the biggest game changers with the milking and feeding schedules. All the proposals are nice but Bavarian has the most innovative ideas in my opinion.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

The Grimme pack really expands root crop functionality, that sounds like a no-brainer to me as it would add a lot of value to the game. I kind of like the Fendt pack, but I know I'd just buy it, and end up not really using it :). The rest is stuff that's partly been done already, even though the Bavarian map looks pretty good.

So in short: do the Grimme pack, possibly combine it with the Bavarian map and the new animal equipment pack?
spartanwarrior

Post by spartanwarrior »

For me it would have to be the maps! and frontier design/sunset valley first. Bavarian map would be ok but I don't really like euro maps.

I would rather spend my money on a map I spend 100s of hours on than an equipment pack I might never use. I never really use the potato side of things so the grimme pack would be useless for me.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I will probably be hated for this ... I mean no disrespect for any of the proposals or modders, but I will not buy any of the proposals if they were made into DLC. We do not need more of the same, we already have all of those in the game. A new DLC should add something to the game that adds to the gameplay. Things that I would pay for are DLC that brings new crops, new products, new animals, new kinds of machines that services those. Example is the new DLC coming in November - it brings a new map with new crops and new machines.
spartanwarrior

Post by spartanwarrior »

Ruder wrote:I will probably be hated for this ... I mean no disrespect for any of the proposals or modders, but I will not buy any of the proposals if they were made into DLC. We do not need more of the same, we already have all of those in the game. A new DLC should add something to the game that adds to the gameplay. Things that I would pay for are DLC that brings new crops, new products, new animals, new kinds of machines that services those. Example is the new DLC coming in November - it brings a new map with new crops and new machines.
The problem here is they are modders and not giants themselves so most of the things you mentioned only giants can do. modders are limited to what they can do!
super t-25

Post by super t-25 »

I welcome the request to add the ursus tractors and shredder to the game
Regards
timmiej93

Post by timmiej93 »

Could you clarify something for us Lars? There's a discussion going on about the DLC containing custom scripts, and console functionality. Do you have any info on how this would work? I assume that, since this would be an official DLC, custom scripts can be used by the modders, and these would work on console as well?
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

timmiej93 wrote:Could you clarify something for us Lars? There's a discussion going on about the DLC containing custom scripts, and console functionality. Do you have any info on how this would work? I assume that, since this would be an official DLC, custom scripts can be used by the modders, and these would work on console as well?
Exactly. It's not a mod so scripts will be fine. It's basically the same as Kuhn or Big Bud.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
timmiej93

Post by timmiej93 »

Lisertan wrote:Exactly. It's not a mod so scripts will be fine. It's basically the same as Kuhn or Big Bud.
Thank you for your answer sir. What confuses me though, is this bit of text in the proposal of the FSI team:
Our idea born from first rule considerations, that the DLC needs to be game console compatible, so will need to stay on default script at all, so no custom lua script will be made for this pack.
Would this be a misinterpretation on their side perhaps?
aklein

Post by aklein »

My take on the proposals. Again these are my views and if you have different views that is totally fine.

DD Mod Passion Maschio Gaspardo - I really like all of the interaction in the Maschio Gaspardo planter from the contest and while we have lots of cultivators and seeders and such in the game if the DLC equipment has the same kind of interactivity it can really add a lot to the game. I like the look of the equipment and I would say this would be my second choice in a DLC winner.

Frontier Design Sunset Valley - Absolutely no offense to map makers I know its a ton of work and every map is its own work of art but I do not think a DLC should be just a map. If a map ends up being a part of a DLC then that is fine but I do not feel a single map should be a paid DLC by itself. No one map will fit everyone and as such I feel a map as a DLC would be less profitable to Giants as a commercial endeavor. With that said if both maps where made into a DLC map pack that might be something of interest if the maps where different enough to work with multiple types of players game styles. IE both are not British style farms and fields

Mappers Paradise Baverian Map - Absolutely no offense to map makers I know its a ton of work and every map is its own work of art but I do not think a DLC should be just a map. If a map ends up being a part of a DLC then that is fine but I do not feel a single map should be a paid DLC by itself. No one map will fit everyone and as such I feel a map as a DLC would be less profitable to Giants as a commercial endeavor. With that said if both maps where made into a DLC map pack that might be something of interest if the maps where different enough to work with multiple types of players game styles. IE both are not British style farms and fields

Mattxjs Modern Classics Farming Pack - I am sure that the DLC would be available to console and for the console this pack probably brings alot, from a PC players perspective it does not bring much that we can not already get with separate mods for the most part.

Smety CMT Fendt Expansion - Same general comments as to the classic pack although the Xylon looks very interesting and not something I have seen as a standalone mod.

Team FSI Modding Grimme Pack - For me this is the clear first choice. I have never done potatoes in game. Why? well it just seems to be a big investment as you have 1 choice (i think just 1) for a potato planter, you have limited options for potato harvester and no real options for storage in the base game beyond dumping them in a pile. This pack seems to bring a lot of potato handling options to the game and make potatoes a more cost effective solution as the equipment seems to be in various sizes well fitting just about any size farm. The convener that you sit and control look great as does the storage shed and the box filler over the current in game potato and beet convener. Unlike the other equipment mods this expands what is in game with new functionality vs just more of the same kind of thing i a different skin.

Team Wild Harvest And Transport - This would be my third choice, I did not translate the document but based on the photos I would welcome the Big M into the game. I love the GTX version of the Big M 500 and this would be a slightly smaller model. The Fliegl trailer looks from the photos like it could have multiple options on the back for dealing with different kinds of loads which would be interesting and welcome. Beyond that it looks again from just the photos like we would then get a few different forage wagons, tipper and chaff trailer. Things already in game just different sizes and models.

Vnsfdg2 Equipment Animals - Little in this proposal excites me. TMR mixers with a capacity lower than 16K require you to work with loose material vs bales and being from the US we bale everything so it makes more sense to me to have a mixer that is dividable by 4000 so you can dump bales into it to make your mix. I do like the stainless steel tanks but worry it would act like a big mirror and affect game performance.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

timmiej93 wrote:
Lisertan wrote:Exactly. It's not a mod so scripts will be fine. It's basically the same as Kuhn or Big Bud.
Thank you for your answer sir. What confuses me though, is this bit of text in the proposal of the FSI team:
Our idea born from first rule considerations, that the DLC needs to be game console compatible, so will need to stay on default script at all, so no custom lua script will be made for this pack.
Would this be a misinterpretation on their side perhaps?
They might see it as a normal mod, but it's a DLC. We will check the scripts of course and make sure everything is fine, but scripts in general are not an issue.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
timmiej93

Post by timmiej93 »

Thanks for the answer again Lars, much appreciated!
T1mH

Post by T1mH »

I love the equipment information sheets. I wish all mods would give detail on their equipment without having to download and install the mod.
Piu1970

Post by Piu1970 »

One of the map making proposals should team up with one of the equipment making proposals should team up and offer a DLC which would contain a new custom map along with the brand new equipment for it....it would be the best of both worlds
spartanwarrior

Post by spartanwarrior »

aklein wrote:My take on the proposals. Again these are my views and if you have different views that is totally fine.

Mappers Paradise Baverian Map - Absolutely no offense to map makers I know its a ton of work and every map is its own work of art but I do not think a DLC should be just a map. If a map ends up being a part of a DLC then that is fine but I do not feel a single map should be a paid DLC by itself. No one map will fit everyone and as such I feel a map as a DLC would be less profitable to Giants as a commercial endeavor. With that said if both maps where made into a DLC map pack that might be something of interest if the maps where different enough to work with multiple types of players game styles. IE both are not British style farms and fields

you are wrong...if you look at the modhubs most downloaded mods you will find its all maps!!!