Tell us what you think - Mod Contest 2017 DLC Proposals

timmiej93

Re: Tell us what you think - Mod Contest 2017 DLC Proposals

Post by timmiej93 »

spartanwarrior wrote:you are wrong...if you look at the modhubs most downloaded mods you will find its all maps!!!
But don't you think this is because you can't judge a map from a few pictures, and thus must download it to try it? You can see if you like a tractor from a few pictures, but that's not how it works for a map. I think the number of installed / actively used mods would give you a much better view of what's actually popular.
This is also the biggest issue I see with a map DLC. It will be very hard to convince people to buy them when they haven't even played on them, which is probably why GIANTS has always combined maps with machinery.
spartanwarrior

Post by spartanwarrior »

timmiej93 wrote:
spartanwarrior wrote:you are wrong...if you look at the modhubs most downloaded mods you will find its all maps!!!
But don't you think this is because you can't judge a map from a few pictures, and thus must download it to try it? You can see if you like a tractor from a few pictures, but that's not how it works for a map. I think the number of installed / actively used mods would give you a much better view of what's actually popular.
This is also the biggest issue I see with a map DLC. It will be very hard to convince people to buy them when they haven't even played on them, which is probably why GIANTS has always combined maps with machinery.
not sure about you but I can judge if I will like a map from its pictures or looking for videos of it on youtube etc or who its from or maybe I just know what I like and don't. I don't just download a whole map to find I don't like it.

The amount of tractors and equipment I have downloaded to find its not what I'm looking for is unreal...so what you said doesn't just apply to maps
Last edited by spartanwarrior on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timmiej93

Post by timmiej93 »

spartanwarrior wrote:not sure about you but I can judge if I will like a map from its pictures or looking for videos of it on youtube etc or who its from or maybe I just know what I like and don't.
That's pretty much judging a book by its cover. Yes, you can search for more pictures, or even youtube videos, but I think for a lot of people, it's a lot more convenient to simply download the map and play it for a few minutes to judge it, especially with the modhub ingame, and especially for those on console.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

A map might not be a successful DLC on it's own unless it is backed up by some additional equipment or some in map innovations and additional features that no map has offered so far. Both alternatives can be achieved I guess.

What I really want though is a full size map with loads of details, top notch quality textures and new features specific to that map which would make me to play on it at least more than a thousand hours. If that kind of a map can be made I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like to pay for it.

Take Mappers Paradise Ballymoon Castle for example. All those in map features and functionality such as seed and fertilizer porduction and so on.
Don't you also think such a map is worthed for a DLC price tag?
PS5 / FS22
spartanwarrior

Post by spartanwarrior »

timmiej93 wrote:
spartanwarrior wrote:not sure about you but I can judge if I will like a map from its pictures or looking for videos of it on youtube etc or who its from or maybe I just know what I like and don't.
That's pretty much judging a book by its cover. Yes, you can search for more pictures, or even youtube videos, but I think for a lot of people, it's a lot more convenient to simply download the map and play it for a few minutes to judge it, especially with the modhub ingame, and especially for those on console.
like I said..........what you said doesn't just apply to maps, could be and mod
Spector51

Post by Spector51 »

Not really sure I am excited about any of them. Seems more of the same of what is in the game or within the mod community already. Would like to see a cotton harvester.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Ruder wrote:I will probably be hated for this ... I mean no disrespect for any of the proposals or modders, but I will not buy any of the proposals if they were made into DLC. We do not need more of the same, we already have all of those in the game. A new DLC should add something to the game that adds to the gameplay. Things that I would pay for are DLC that brings new crops, new products, new animals, new kinds of machines that services those. Example is the new DLC coming in November - it brings a new map with new crops and new machines.
How of you read the proposals again esp the maps
aklein

Post by aklein »

Thank you for your opinion. I am able to have mine and you can have yours. The nature of opinions is they can not be wrong.

What I am saying is I do not feel a map only DLC would be in giants best interest as a commercial DLC. I don't doubt that people download maps all the time to check them out. I download on average 5 or more maps a week to see if I feel its worth doing a video on. I can say if I had to pay $1 per map then I wouldn't be downloading 5 per week that is for sure. Maps are very f i c k l e for people and often folks either fall in love with a map or don't. Very little middle ground so I feel a small subset would pay for a map only DLC. Maybe this has been done in past FS versions and maybe it sold well. I don't know as I have no experience before FS17.
TyKonKet

Post by TyKonKet »

Lisertan wrote:They might see it as a normal mod, but it's a DLC. We will check the scripts of course and make sure everything is fine, but scripts in general are not an issue.
We know that this is a DLC and not a mod so that custom scripts can be made.
What we tried to explain without too much boring words was:
As far as we can remember, official DLCs never brought big changes to the game features (this generally have been a prerogative of "Official Game Expansions") and scripts (such as in Kuhn and Big Bud DLCs) are used for fixing incompatible behaviours and allowing to new implements to work correctly.
Given that, we also think that the winner DLC should do the same.

Hope to being clear ;)
garyst

Post by garyst »

After looking through them all I can't find any one of them of interest to me. I would not buy any of these dlc's.
Jackyw

Post by Jackyw »

what is important for me is when I use an DLC it must work on all kind of map. So I love the bavarian map DLC idea but it is only for that map so I say no for that one.
For the Grimme I say yes and for the Harvest & Transport I say yes.
For the Fendt I say No
For the Maschio Gaspardo DLC I say also no
For the Modern Classics Farming Pack also no
and also no for the Equipment Animals

So it is yes for Grimme and harvest & Transport
garyst

Post by garyst »

When I saw modern classics I had got excited, but after seeing the content was dissapointed. Would of been very much interested if it had a first generation case ih magnum or new Holland genesis tractors instead. The harvest and transport sounded good too but was another dissapointment. Would of been great if it had a hopper bottom semi grain trailer in it.
fcelsa

Post by fcelsa »

Lisertan wrote:
timmiej93 wrote:
Lisertan wrote:Exactly. It's not a mod so scripts will be fine. It's basically the same as Kuhn or Big Bud.
Thank you for your answer sir. What confuses me though, is this bit of text in the proposal of the FSI team:
Our idea born from first rule considerations, that the DLC needs to be game console compatible, so will need to stay on default script at all, so no custom lua script will be made for this pack.
Would this be a misinterpretation on their side perhaps?
They might see it as a normal mod, but it's a DLC. We will check the scripts of course and make sure everything is fine, but scripts in general are not an issue.
As well explained by TyKonKet, our words means that the pack will need to be as many simple as possible for in game, so the test process can be fast and care for console side, this not means which some script can't be made, for storage shed for example, if Giants permit this, as said by Lisertan.
Simply a DLC built with full of custom script it's not an option for a lot of reasons (IMHO).
fcelsa :: Team FSI Modding :: https://forum.farmingsimulatoritalia.com
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

JimmytheGeek wrote:
8Justin wrote:Why cant we get more US equipment? Why is everything Fendt, forage wagons and Krone?? I'm sure it's some licensing issue so excuse me, I'm not trying to rustle feathers, but being from the northern US, its odd to use British equipment realistically on my farms.
Fendt, Poettinger, Amazone, Kuhn, New Holland, Case IH, Challenger, and many other brands in game are global, and have a fair presence in the United States/North America. Case IH have a dominant presence in the US, and you can find lots of the European brands even here in the South, where we like our Deeres & Cases. No feathers ruffled, I'm just trying to point out that there isn't really a "US" brand anymore. About the only difference is the safety/warning equipment, and maybe a color change (New Holland hay equipment is red in the States, yellow in Europe, mostly). :coolnew:
This is so true here in the northeast US I see alot of krone and class equipment.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
SilverRedman63

Post by SilverRedman63 »

How many of these will be on Console?
PC/Xbox1