Tell us what you think - Mod Contest 2017 DLC Proposals

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Tell us what you think - Mod Contest 2017 DLC Proposals

Post by Rahkiin »

Hahahahaha. 'friendly gui logic' in android. haha.

Okay, lets get back on topic here.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Aahhh come on :mrgreen:
Ok, admittedly it is a bit complicated and goes deep down with the sub-menus but so does windows. I think it is just a matter of getting used to it.
PS5 / FS22
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Yes and I also don't use Windows. :)
8Justin

Post by 8Justin »

Why cant we get more US equipment? Why is everything Fendt, forage wagons and Krone?? I'm sure it's some licensing issue so excuse me, I'm not trying to rustle feathers, but being from the northern US, its odd to use British equipment realistically on my farms.
JimmytheGeek

Post by JimmytheGeek »

In order of my preference: Sunset Valley Map, Bavarian map, then the Grimme pack. I'm sure that most players will also agree with Team FSI that the smaller equipment "market" for the root crops has been terribly under-served, so that would be a welcome addition to the game. I got burnt out on Bavarian-style maps in 2013, but I love the cattle feeding system and bale storage system that Mappers Paradise are proposing. It's new & innovative, much like the GEA auto-mixer robot in 2015. And finally, when you combine the creative talents of Frontier Design with those of OxygenDavid & BulletBill, the end result will be no less than a priceless work of art.
JimmytheGeek

Post by JimmytheGeek »

8Justin wrote:Why cant we get more US equipment? Why is everything Fendt, forage wagons and Krone?? I'm sure it's some licensing issue so excuse me, I'm not trying to rustle feathers, but being from the northern US, its odd to use British equipment realistically on my farms.
Fendt, Poettinger, Amazone, Kuhn, New Holland, Case IH, Challenger, and many other brands in game are global, and have a fair presence in the United States/North America. Case IH have a dominant presence in the US, and you can find lots of the European brands even here in the South, where we like our Deeres & Cases. No feathers ruffled, I'm just trying to point out that there isn't really a "US" brand anymore. About the only difference is the safety/warning equipment, and maybe a color change (New Holland hay equipment is red in the States, yellow in Europe, mostly). :coolnew:
Wasbob45

Post by Wasbob45 »

I think that Root Crops In general were a pain to grow and were not very profitable in FS13, 15 and in some cases 17, until the Holmer Pack. Then after, Sugar Beet were the go-to root crop, mostly. Then in FS17 Pigs were introduced and require a root crop to get that last 5% productivity, giving the payer a reason to harvest a root crop. But still the price tag is what killed it for me, spending Thousands of dollars to either buy or rent the equipment, only to get a small sell price. I'm not gonna lie I like small equipment then going up to the bigger stuff but that is why I mostly play small maps. I thing that the Grimme Pack would be a welcome change to the root crops that we currently have. That and You (Giants) have Holmer for the Sugar Beet, why not expand the spud production a bit more?
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

I really like the Fendt package, love some older but still very decent Fendt tractors :biggrin2:

I'm wondering when the DLC will be published?
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Well, as far as I can see these are proposal that are probably not even been worked on yet.
If so, first it will be made then tested and then released. I think not before September.
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote:Well, as far as I can see these are proposal that are probably not even been worked on yet.
If so, first it will be made then tested and then released. I think not before September.
Well, I hope they are not working on the DLC as we haven't picked a winner, yet. It will take some time for sure, it's not an easy task to create a full DLC, there is a reason why there are several months between our DLC releases, it takes time to get them right.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
eric21

Post by eric21 »

8Justin wrote:Why cant we get more US equipment? Why is everything Fendt, forage wagons and Krone?? I'm sure it's some licensing issue so excuse me, I'm not trying to rustle feathers, but being from the northern US, its odd to use British equipment realistically on my farms.
British Equipment?
Trickymc22

Post by Trickymc22 »

I like Team wild Harvest and transport, think console users could really do with the Big M, also like the Dairy system from mappers paradise, going completely off topic here but think console users could really use an update to base game to allow great mods like the follow me mod, maybe something worth considering for later versions of the game as a base game issue, we have the ability to hire workers so why not the ability to follow? Anyway just a thought,
Good luck all the MOD teams in the comp keep up the great work guys
timmiej93

Post by timmiej93 »

I absolutely love the Grimme proposal by the FSI Team. It's the only pack that brings new things to the table (the pickup conveyor is relatively new, windrowed potato harvesting is completely new, special potato weeders are new), and given the FSI Team's reputation, I'm 100% confident this would become a beautiful pack, giving potatoes the update they need to make them more fun.
Looking at Youtubers, I see all of them using modded harvesters for their cereals, but nobody does rootcrops, unless they absolutely have to for their animals. Admittedly, I haven't touched rootcrops in the game either, and I've got 450 hours in the game. This Grimme pack would make potatoes a lot more fun for me.

About the other proposals:
DD Mod Passion Maschio Gaspardo: Looks nice, but it's more of the same. I doubt this will interest anybody other than people who have an affinity with the brand Maschio Gaspardo.
Frontier Design Sunset Valley: I'm no big map person, but I don't think a map alone will be a viable DLC either, unless it has some crazy functionalities.
Mappers Paradise Baverian Map: Same as above.
Mattxjs Modern Classics Farming Pac: Again, more of the same (including some that are already released as mods I believe). Feels a bit like the
Smety CMT Fendt Expansion: Again, more of the same. We have plenty of tractors and tractor mods, so I don't think this would be viable.
Team Wild Harvest And Transport: Slightly interesting because of the BigM, although I feel like it misses the bigger version, and the Fliegl multi purpose trailer. Otherwise, again, more of the same.
Vnsfdg2 Equipment Animals: Again, more of the same. We already have those things in game, these are just different looking ones.

Don't get me wrong, I fully trust the modders to deliver great quality, and I'm sure people will always be interested, but I think that the thing that will really make people enthusiastic and sell, is new gameplay elements. The only proposal that really brings new gameplay is the Grimme pack by the FSI Team.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

One thing is for sure. Whichever is selected by Giants it will be nothing less but amazing.
Because it is a DLC not a mod.
The quality, the functionality and every other aspect of it will be as good as it can be.
At the end of the day this will be a sold commodity.

What I'm really surprised is that BallyMoon Castle of Mappers Paradise from the contest couldn't make it to the list.
Because that map has some crazy features and functions like seed and fertilizer making and so on.
And if it made to the list, it would definitely be the top choice.
May be Bavarian Map can also have those on the way if selected.
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The modders decide if they want Thier mods to be a dlc I think