The DLC proposal – Next steps

eric21

Re: The DLC proposal – Next steps

Post by eric21 »

monstergazza2015 wrote:Still didnt answer my question i dont care what u said new dlc is same as pc version map detail is not good and i will say this once fs17 for consoles will always come second best
If you dont care what people say then why bother replying? It seems to me your upset because its not what you wanted
timmiej93

Post by timmiej93 »

What exactly is the issue monstergazza2015? There has always been a difference between PC and Console. PC games are generally cheaper, PCs can run at higher framerates and resolutions, PCs can run mods in games more easily, PCs are more easily upgradeable, etc.. On the other hand, with consoles you don't have to worry about minimum specs, you get quite some performance for a relatively low price, and you get the console's ecosystem.

If you did your research when you made the decision to buy a console, you would have known all this, and would have made your decision based upon that information. You can't just go around and say you want PC properties on a console, that's not how it works. Also, why would PC and console need to be equal? They aren't equal platforms, so I don't know why they would have to be treated as such. And even if they were, it's still a decision made by the company. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything you don't like.

Simply said: If you want PC content, go and buy yourself a decent PC and play the game on there. If not, deal with what you get. In my opinion, it's incredible that there are mods on console in the first place, that's not very common. Also, for the love of god, please use punctuation and capitalization. Hardly anyone will take the time to read 1 long incoherent sentence with horrible grammar and spelling.

Now to get to the most important point: What does this have to do with the next steps of the DLC proposal? If you've got an issue that's not discussed in a topic, it's better to start a new topic. The discussion about the difference between PC / Console and the perceived quality of DLCs does not belong in this topic IMO.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^^ +1 *thumbsup*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Logger 34

Post by Logger 34 »

What is in this dlc
eric21

Post by eric21 »

See page 1
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Been awhile since we've had a update from giants.I wonder if we will see this before the Horsch DLC.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Guil

Post by Guil »

In the video it says it will be March before the dlc is planned to be released so I'm not sure what you are looking for an update on?
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Guil wrote:In the video it says it will be March before the dlc is planned to be released so I'm not sure what you are looking for an update on?
Guess i will have to watch a nearly 3 month old vid again to get that info.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
timmiej93

Post by timmiej93 »

livesea72 wrote:Been awhile since we've had a update from giants.I wonder if we will see this before the Horsch DLC.
Like Guil says, the release is scheduled for March. For the Platinum DLC, they started discussing / advertising that about 3 months before release. Given that this is a smaller DLC, and is not made by themselves, I'd say it might be advertised more starting 2 months before release. Given that release dates usually are at the very end of a given period, let's assume that the DLC will be released at the very end of March, so you might not hear anything until the end of January, start of February.
Now, about that Horsch DLC:
HORSCH Agrovation (Map)
HORSCH AgroVation Vehicles

Both are ModHub links, for those concerned.
JohannW

Post by JohannW »

Dear GIANTS, I have to congratulate you for this new way of involving the game enthusiasts. Excellent idea to give us some insight into the presentations via video recordings. I would like to focus on the GRIMME idea from team FSI modding.
This is a long overdue idea to expand and develop the potato farming/industry in Farming Simulator 2017 (FS17).
Fabio, the “veteran” in the group =), you are right and on par to start off small with tractors and implements. Like you and other “older” gamer enthusiasts, who plays FS17 after our daily lives at work, starting an in-game farm from scratch and as real as possible with affordable stat-off equipment, small is the answer. Starting small and building up to a formidable commercial farmer, growing ever bigger as funds allows it.
I like your idea of weeders or as we in South Africa refer to them as “ridgers”. But what added bonus will this add to the game? Will it aid in fertilization? Will there be an option in the shop for add-ons?
Planters, why should we start there? Why can’t we take this project a step further and a massive leap (challenge) for FSI and GIANTS alike? Make a full on DLC with GRIMME. Make this from purpose build soil preparations, ridging, planters, weeders, haulm toppers, harvesters and right through to sorting, belt systems and storing. Make this DLC worthwhile.
Focusing on your presentation of harvesters, you mentioned the windrower or potato lifters. This is great starter equipment, but people picks lifted potatoes up in reality. So one will have to make use of a collection system in the game. Which begs the question, if you need a tractor, windrower and pick-up. Will the total cost of all 3 implements not almost equal the price for buying the GRIMME 1-row bunker harvester SE 75-20.
Filling boxes is a nice reality, but again, very time consuming and an effort to move each bin individually. Maybe consider some form of automation when using boxes or rather try bulk storages with conveyers as mentioned in the presentation. BUT, again I wonder. Going through the effort of packing everything in boxes, will this add any value towards the sell value?
Furthermore, storage systems, factory’s or fresh markets to deliver the harvested potatoes. There is a very good drive in building equipment, but where do I sell my potatoes? And to which competing market?
Dear FSI, you set yourself a very harsh schedule, but why not put a “teaser” video in somewhere in December or January? Create some excitement.
Marc Schwegler and Thomas Frey, your opinions are very, very true.
But the statement made “Possible cooperation with the manufacturer” - most certainly! It’s their name brand attached to this project. People are weird in a sense that they will associate any malfunctions/difficulties in game to being true in the real world farming as well. So one cannot afford to mess up in FS17, since the younger players grows up seeing GRIMME and will relate to that in game feeling they experienced.
Thanks Giants software for assisting team FSI modding in making this GRIMME DLC a reality!
Leedenton

Post by Leedenton »

Would be excellent to see the ford tw pack on console. There is a tw25 on the farm I help out on, such handsome pieces of machinery.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Leedenton wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:44 am Would be excellent to see the ford tw pack on console. There is a tw25 on the farm I help out on, such handsome pieces of machinery.
Sorry it's not going to happen
Leedenton

Post by Leedenton »

eric21 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:28 pm
Leedenton wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:44 am Would be excellent to see the ford tw pack on console. There is a tw25 on the farm I help out on, such handsome pieces of machinery.
Sorry it's not going to happen
We've just got seasons on console. Never say never.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ That has nothing to with Ford. Ford needs a license that Giants doesn't have atm
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Leedenton

Post by Leedenton »

Oh I thought ford tractors fell under new Holland and CNH.
Last edited by Leedenton on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.