The DLC proposal – Next steps

faruk9154

Re: The DLC proposal – Next steps

Post by faruk9154 »

Wasbob45 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 am I did ask this Question awhile ago about what was happening with the DLC's and I got an answer from Lisertan and I quote:
Lisertan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 pm The Ropa Pack won't be on Switch, I honestly have no answer on future plans right now. I'll update you guys as soon as I do.

As for the Mod contest winners DLC: They are still working, but not far enough for real news. It's not a secret, it's more the fact that the winners work on these things themselfes, so it's not always easy to tell where we are at right now.
But that was all he wrote. I have been searching all forums and discords trying to find info but to no avail. There has been a post on Facebook from Mattxjs about his lack of updates for his Ford TW pack and all he had was a link to the DLC winner Information on the farming simulator official page, from this I can safely assume that work is getting done on his end. But I have had found nothing from Team FSI.

Link to Post:
https://www.facebook.com/MattxjsModding/
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Faruk9154 do you understand what RC means?
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Guil wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:53 pm Faruk9154 do you understand what RC means?
What does RC mean? I do not know. :confusednew:
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Looks like release candidate, so like the final test version unless they find terrible bugs.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
aklein

Post by aklein »

RC in this context is release candidate

It would be a build that they think is ready for release but want to get Giants eyes on it and test it and validate and provide feedback prior to actual release.

Im sure those dates provided in those presentations which if you recall where to sell giants on why they should pick that particular DLC choice where somewhat given to them by Giants as when they would like to see a finished product. The presentations I watched had similar date milestones so I would suspect Giants said something like we would like to see how you plan on producing what you have proposed by the timeframe of the end of March for example.

Those are goals set forth by either Giants or the mod authors and nothing more than a goal. Do not expect the end of March to drop and the DLC's to be here. Soon is all we have heard and that there is still work going on with them. Maybe we will see them in late April or early May as the final DLC offering for 17.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

aklein wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 pm RC in this context is release candidate

It would be a build that they think is ready for release but want to get Giants eyes on it and test it and validate and provide feedback prior to actual release.

Im sure those dates provided in those presentations which if you recall where to sell giants on why they should pick that particular DLC choice where somewhat given to them by Giants as when they would like to see a finished product. The presentations I watched had similar date milestones so I would suspect Giants said something like we would like to see how you plan on producing what you have proposed by the timeframe of the end of March for example.

Those are goals set forth by either Giants or the mod authors and nothing more than a goal. Do not expect the end of March to drop and the DLC's to be here. Soon is all we have heard and that there is still work going on with them. Maybe we will see them in late April or early May as the final DLC offering for 17.
Then there is more time. I was excited to be out in March. I do not like to wait too long.
Guil

Post by Guil »

We all want it yesterday lol.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

I hope Giants drops some new about this soon, so we know what is going on. :D I really hope that this is going to be released, bcs I would love to play some with some old school qualty mods.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Should know by April
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Can we get something official on this? Somebody surely knows something.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 pm Can we get something official on this? Somebody surely knows something.
Looks like Giants persistently ignores us in this thread :hmm: :hmm:
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Bear in mind that the Ropa dlc is out tomorrow and their attention will be on that. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear much until they were pretty much finalised anyway (that way there isn't any backlash for changes), which looking at the videos was originally planed for mid march.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Tomazius96 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 pm Can we get something official on this? Somebody surely knows something.
Looks like Giants persistently ignores us in this thread :hmm: :hmm:
Give us answers GIANTS!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Wasbob45

Post by Wasbob45 »

@Taco Farmer

TBH I do not think that Giants will be able to help with this Inquiry. As the DLC are 'Community Made.' (I say this in brackets because community in this case means Team FSI and Mattxjs) Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Giants said that they would release the DLC but have no part in the creation process. For example Team FSI could have done nothing on the Mods that they proposed and Giants would not know because they were not apart of the creation process i know that they are still making mods because frequently there is an update to an old mod or a new mod is released like the Pagliari B350 by Peppe978 - Team FSI Modding. But I could be very wrong. All I know is that they were expected to release this month and if not most of us will be asking for an Explanation as to why they have not been released (If we are not Already) I have searched all Forums, Facebook pages, Twitters and ect I have found no mentions or update for the Team FSI Pack, they are being very quiet about their submission where as Mattxjs has given us a facbook post saying and I quote
The reason the TW Pack v2 has been lower priority than other things ;)
http://www.farming-simulator.com/newsAr ... news_id=71
Wasbob45

Post by Wasbob45 »

Lis Posted this in the German Forum as well.
Re: Your opinion is needed. Mod Contest 2017 DLC Proposals
Post by Lisertan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Hello,

so that it does not get quite quiet here: The guys are still working, but I have no current update as the stand is except "they are still tinkering", so it was so quiet here. Of course, I had hoped to have better information before posting here, but right now this is the only booth I have.

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

is on the move, Captain. Those who can not keep up, to watch from a distance.
Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon . And those who stood in our way will not watch at all. " -Grand Admiral Thrawn