Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition – Reveal Trailer

Magnarex

Re: Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition – Reveal Trailer

Post by Magnarex »

OneAmongOthers wrote:Its the same damn game with a different name!
Thanks for answering my question. Giants had, apparently, decided being evasive was the best way to field questions about their product.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

Magnarex wrote:
Thanks for answering my question. Giants had, apparently, decided being evasive was the best way to field questions about their product.
Probably because they knew no one would buy if if they owned the original on PC. Because why would you pay $50 for less than what you already have now? And on top of that a poorly made port as well. I mean... It's not like its a BAD port. I have seen much worse. Though I feel they could have at least made the draw distance much better. It's so hard to know what's growing when your sight of crops is only like a tractor's length.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

OneAmongOthers wrote:
Magnarex wrote:
Probably because they knew no one would buy if if they owned the original on PC. Because why would you pay $50 for less than what you already have now? And on top of that a poorly made port as well. I mean... It's not like its a BAD port. I have seen much worse. Though I feel they could have at least made the draw distance much better. It's so hard to know what's growing when your sight of crops is only like a tractor's length.
It is NOT SUPPOSED to be a new game!!! It is a port, only a port, to allow FS17 on the Switch. It isn't supposed to be new. Jeez
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Smith Modding wrote:It is NOT SUPPOSED to be a new game!!! It is a port, only a port, to allow FS17 on the Switch. It isn't supposed to be new. Jeez
Read the whole thread. Giants started saying it's a different game so specifics were asked for.
Guil wrote: It's a different game.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote:It's not FS18, it's not FS17 either, it's FS Nintendo Switch Edition. It will be closer to FS17 than 18, as the Switch has way more power than a Smart Phone.
We will reveal more details, soon (FS for Switch will be at gamescom this year).
That doesn't mean it is a different game.
What Lisertan tried to tell is that it is in between FS18 (mobile version ) and FS17 in terms of capability as the Switch has more power than a mobile device but not as much capable as a PC or a console.
That doesn't mean it is an entirely different game.
You can't just take one or two words or sentences and get an opinion based on those.
You should follow up the whole stroy to have a proper opinion on the matter.
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

^^^ exactly. It's not supposed to add any new features, just made compatible with the Switch
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

The Nintendo Switch version is very similar to FS17 on PC and Consoles. Besides some smaller adjustment like performance improvements and quality improvements on mid-specs, the main difference is that it was adapted to the Switch hardware, with things like dynamically switching from handheld to TV mode, touch screen support and support for the different input devices, using the the Switch specific GPU and CPU features, etc.
If you already own the PC or PS4/XB1 version, the only reason to buy the Switch version is, if you want to use the handheld mode, which is actually a really cool thing.
Regarding the price, this is mostly given based on the general pricing of the console (platform fees, development costs, market, etc.). If you compare it to other Switch titles, we are in the mid-price range, similar to PC and PS4/XB1. Also I think we provide a really great game on the Switch (any better looking and more extensive open world games on Switch? (except for maybe Zelda and the upcoming Skyrim Switch version, both more than 10 Euros more expensive)), and definitely the most extensive Farming Simulator experience on a handheld device.
Maxitsu

Post by Maxitsu »

Stegei wrote:The Nintendo Switch version is very similar to FS17 on PC and Consoles. Besides some smaller adjustment like performance improvements and quality improvements on mid-specs, the main difference is that it was adapted to the Switch hardware, with things like dynamically switching from handheld to TV mode, touch screen support and support for the different input devices, using the the Switch specific GPU and CPU features, etc.
If you already own the PC or PS4/XB1 version, the only reason to buy the Switch version is, if you want to use the handheld mode, which is actually a really cool thing.
Regarding the price, this is mostly given based on the general pricing of the console (platform fees, development costs, market, etc.). If you compare it to other Switch titles, we are in the mid-price range, similar to PC and PS4/XB1. Also I think we provide a really great game on the Switch (any better looking and more extensive open world games on Switch? (except for maybe Zelda and the upcoming Skyrim Switch version, both more than 10 Euros more expensive)), and definitely the most extensive Farming Simulator experience on a handheld device.

I think the price is indeed fair if you compare it with (platform fees, development costs, market, etc.) I am quite impressed with the graphics on a handheld. But To buy it only for handheld i find it kinda expensive (just like any other game for that matter).... I kinda miss mods, online play etc... But the core game is still fantastic. But what ruins the game for me is i feel kinda claustrophobic, the draw distance is a joke. I can only see 2 meters in the distance. The trees, buildings, grass change at a certain distance is not to bad but if the entire field(s) looks like a sketchbook drawing of a 2-year-old the immersion quickly disappears. Only for the bad draw distance i dislike this game (i must say also the PC version and the PS4 have bad draw distance, lucky i could extend the draw distance on PC changing it in gamefiles, i extended the draw distance 12 times and the game still ran flawless with only a GTX970 graphic card. If i really wanted i maybe could extend it to 18 times the distance, why not make it possible to do it in the option menu.)

Anyway i am lucky kids of 3 up to 8 years old like to drive a tractor, a truck or chop down a tree. On the Switch its more convenient to play + they don't care anything about the draw distance (YET) :mrgreen:
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

It's all about value. I don't compare the Switch version to general pricing for the platform, I compare it to the same game on a different platform. With the Switch version having less because of a lack of mods. What I would I suggest is you have to sweeten the deal by putting in equipment/maps/DLCs/platinum. That's where the value would come from to justify the price.

Personally I don't think it's in your best interest to start comparing your game to Zelda or Skyrim. In terms of value I'd pay twice their retail price for those games. They're bursting with value and are a bargain at the price they charge. Heck, I already own Skyrim on 3 platforms.
Dickens400

Post by Dickens400 »

Can you hire farm hands to haul grain to different locations .
Thanks
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ No
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Lukejf

Post by Lukejf »

How many of you guys have purchased this? I’m thinking about it but play a lot on my ps4. I’m concerned I will get frustrated with the limitations.