Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition – Reveal Trailer

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition – Reveal Trailer

Post by Lisertan »

Heya guys,

check out our reveal trailer for the Nintendo Switch Edition.

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Aj1989

Re: Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition – Reveal Trailer

Post by Aj1989 »

Will it be able to use mods?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Not at release.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

No. Nintendo is very strict about user content.
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Since this is being released around the same time as the platinum edition will this include the platinum edition?

If not...does it include anything besides the original FS17 game? Additional maps, content previously released as DLCs or Giants designed mods, etc...
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
igi911

Post by igi911 »

Magnarex wrote:Since this is being released around the same time as the platinum edition will this include the platinum edition?

If not...does it include anything besides the original FS17 game? Additional maps, content previously released as DLCs or Giants designed mods, etc...
Hook the question
????
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Today is the release day for the Switch version. Any chance someone can answer my questions from the 30th?
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Magnarex wrote:Today is the release day for the Switch version. Any chance someone can answer my questions from the 30th?
Sorry, didn't see that. The Switch version does not include Platinum (or any other DLC).

Hope that helps.
Lars
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

So it's a version of FS17 without mods or anything extra and you're going to charge full price? I don't see the value. $19.99 US seems a more reasonable price, and I suspect a price that would actually generate sales.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's a different game.
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Guil wrote:It's a different game.
Other than it's for a different platform please tell me what is different.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Well for one it's not called fs 17 and either lisertan or lethian said it's not the same game. It was in the thread that it was dorst announced in.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Yes, I read that thread previously. So we've established it's not FS17 but close and it doesn't have mods. So for customers that already own FS17 on a different platform who also own a Switch what's the difference?

I'd be willing to pay something for a portable version, but I'm not going to pay full price for a partial port and no mods.
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

Its the same damn game with a different name! FFS! Why are people acting so ignorant? I have the game and I can tell you it's the SAME GAME minus everything else and a horribly low draw distance. Surely they could have done better with this port. Look at Doom! And that game is MUCH MUCH more demanding that FS. The game runs fine. I wish there was some options to config things. I guess the switch is just an inferior piece of stuff when it comes to its graphical capabilities. I was happy I got the game for nothing, because I would have never paid $50 for this port.