Introduction: Sugarcane

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Introduction: Sugarcane

Post by Lisertan »

With the FS17 Platinum Edition, players can grow sugarcane for the first time.

However, this plant has some unique peculiarities that we would like to introduce to you here.

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Re: Introduction: Sugarcane

Post by RODHA »

That video was really fun to watch. Nicely done *thumbsup*

Btw, do you have any idea Lisertan, why we can't hookup the new sugarcane tipper trailers to the back of the Case 8800 harvester?
Even with 3 available trailers that we can (2 in game and 1 mod), it is difficult to make tight turns and that pretty much makes it impossible to operate the Case on our own.
Even the video mentions to get a friend on line or put a worker on it.
And what happens when the worker messes up on the field as they usually do? :hmm:

Is this something to be fixed or it will just be this way?

PS5 / FS22
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

@RODHA

why would you expect to attach one of the new sugarcane tipper trailers on the back of the Case 8800 harvester? there are 4 standard tipper trailers that you can tow with the Case 8800, two of which hold more than 12000L and one of which holds more than two of the new sugarcane tipper (12000L and 20000L vs. 21000L for the HKD302).

anyway when harvesting sugarcane its easy enough to turn at the field ends with Case 8800 harvester + HKD302 trailer, which still holds 21000L, or the 266 bull (mod, ex default fs15), etc.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

b101uk wrote:why would you expect to attach one of the new sugarcane tipper trailers on the back of the Case 8800 harvester?
Because they are dedicated sugarcane trailers and Case is a dedicated sugarcan harvester with a back attacher. You do the math.
It was just an expectation. And if it worked, it would haven been good.
Still, the end result doesn't change. It is not easy to operate the Case harvester on your own.
I've tried all trailers I can attach to the harvester. They are not easy to use imo. They work yes, but not easy.
Basically we have a harvester that is not easy to operate on our own just because of this trailer issue.
That could have been easly solved if it was tested properly.
PS5 / FS22
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

It's got nothing to do with testing. This harvester would not pull any trailer IRL, it would be unloaded from the side just like a potato or beet harvester. Not great for the single player that wants to drive it on their own, I understand that and I think that's why they did allow it to attach to a few trailers but really it would not be used in this way. Giants tend to keep things as real as possible.
PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Then why is there an attacher option at the back? I mean if the machine doesn't have it irl than it shouldn't even be in the game. But if it has the attacher then there should be suitable trailers which could have been brought into the game with the pack.

Edit: According to Case US website there is no back attacher option.
PS5 / FS22
contrastyfaun5

Post by contrastyfaun5 »

can i farm sugarcane without the platinum pack ?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

contrastyfaun5 wrote:can i farm sugarcane without the platinum pack ?
No
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

So I found the thread that says that sugar cane, when planted, will show up first has 'harvested', Does this happen on other crops as well? Because I seeded field 1 with wheat, and and the menu shows that it's been fertilized, but the textures and the menu both show as 'harvested'. Is this a glitch?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Smith Modding wrote:So I found the thread that says that sugar cane, when planted, will show up first has 'harvested', Does this happen on other crops as well? Because I seeded field 1 with wheat, and and the menu shows that it's been fertilized, but the textures and the menu both show as 'harvested'. Is this a glitch?
I haven't bought the DLC yet, but from what I have seen, sugarcane should be the only crop that shows up as harvested after being planted. Based on what you are seeing, I would say a glitch.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I figured it out, but thanks anyways
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Smith Modding wrote:I figured it out, but thanks anyways
No problem *thumbsup*
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks