Seasons is now live on XBOX One and PS4

Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: Seasons is now live on XBOX One and PS4

Post by Rahkiin »

There is another issue with Follow Me: too many keybindings. The console is full. We had to adjust how our keys worked because the console did not have the space on the controller.
CrazyTrain19

Post by CrazyTrain19 »

RODHA wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:20 pm
FordFarmer97 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 pm Probably not.
Can you really still say this? I mean even after the seasons?
This was the ultimate “nope” for consoles wasn’t it?
Still, it is here.
So, just keep your hopes very very high Fred :biggrin2:
Like John Deere high :mrgreen:
I wish....... :lol:
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall"

"Torque is how far you will take the wall with you"
Happymuffin

Post by Happymuffin »

Rahkiin wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:17 pm There is another issue with Follow Me: too many keybindings. The console is full. We had to adjust how our keys worked because the console did not have the space on the controller.
I understand what you mean.
You have done a great job and I am very grateful for your hard work.
Thank you very much
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:22 pm ^^ They got the opportunity because seasons won the contest though
I meant the feasibility of it. If it is doable or not.
PS5 / FS22
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Oh okay
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Leedenton

Post by Leedenton »

Thank you realismus and giants such an epic addition to the game, have been having a look at it today and I'm amazed at the detail that's been added. I help out a bit on a farm and the closeness to real life is insane. Very fitting name to the modders, realism is truly key.

Gives me hope that we will one day get GPS mod on console for that extra bit of realism.
DavidMarris

Post by DavidMarris »

Yes does this mean we can now have GPS? A mod I have always wanted. So happy with what has happened with 17 compared to 15, huge advancements made. GPS would complete the set for me.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

As for Follow me, GPS, Courseplay .. you name it:

It's not that easy I'm afraid. Bringing Seasons to Console was a SHITTON of work and took several months. We were lucky Rahkiin was happy to put the time and effort into this, come over to Switzerland to work with our devs ect. To be completely honest with you: This amount of work is something we can't put into every mod we want, we simply do not have the manpower to do so. We decided we would do it for seasons as it was our Mod Contest winner and we felt that this would be a good reason to run with it. We know there are other amazing mods out there, but converting them for console might not happen in the near future (or at all, who knows).

In addition: Some mods will bring other issues to the table, like Rahkiin said.

So let's see what the future brings, but I want to make sure you guys don't get too excited about something that might not happen. I hope I've been able to give you a nice insight.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Thanks for the insight Lisertan :hi:
What I'm pretty sure after seasons is that anything is possible as long as it is feasible.
So, if it is something doable then you would do your best to make it happen. I'm sure of it.

On the other hand, I've to say this.
Seasons is not a mod. It is what FS should have been already.

It has been just 3 days since the release of seasons but I can't even tell how it changed everything for me.
As I've said many times before, I'm not playing FS17 anymore, I'm playing a completely new game.

Thus imho, Giants should consider on leaning towards the simulation side of things with FS19 instead of keeping FS as an arcade game :hi:
PS5 / FS22
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^^All of this^^^

Totally different game now. Actually feels like a simulator now. I never want to play without it again.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ Yup. Probably I'm skipping all the maps without a snowmask from now on.
Except the cancer charity map. I'll be trying it, no matter what.
PS5 / FS22
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I honestly think GIANTS will do white seasons what they did with the ForReal mod's for FS19. Because the amount of stuff seasons adds would be extremely difficult to have as options turned on and off in the settings menu. But either way, I applaud both GIANTS and Realism Modding. Great work!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Haye

Post by Haye »

I am very greatfull for all the work Realismus and Giants put in to the seasons “mod”.
For me it doesnt feel like a mod, since it came out, I havn’t played the game without it. Before i played on 1x speed and skiped through the nights at 120x speed, but now I play with the seasons at 6 days at 5x speed or 15x speed. Now i sometimes have to hurry because I have to get a job done before night falls or before the rain falls or before the wintertime comes making fieldwork impossible. I never felt that kind of presure in the vanile version, but I love it.
I havn’t hired a worker to do some of the work for me since seasons came out
It feels like a completely other game than I was playing a couple months ago :lol:
A xbox one x farmer