Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

CrazyTrain19

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by CrazyTrain19 »

I may be wrong, but I was at the local dealer today, and I noticed that the tractor's rims in the video looked awfully like a McCormick.....
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall"

"Torque is how far you will take the wall with you"
OmegaWolf

Post by OmegaWolf »

Lisertan you are super patient and always bring us solid intel on what is going on behind the scenes there at Giants. I know most of us are super grateful for this as we seem to be a rather rabid fanbase. :biggrin2:

Not a demand, not even a request...simply a suggestion. I was thinking it might be nice if there was some benefit to having the bee houses in vicinity to the crops that they would normally pollinate which in turn increases yield (via volume or size.) Or maybe even expanding on that system with the ability to move bees like we do here in the US. The whole system could be expanded of course as well for a "crop(s)". These are just suggestions for the team to look at for some interesting additions to the game with little change needed in behind the scenes mechanics. Not going to lie...beekeeper here so yeah I have a bit of a personal stake. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

OmegaWolf wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:09 pm
Not a demand, not even a request...simply a suggestion. I was thinking it might be nice if there was some benefit to having the bee houses in vicinity to the crops that they would normally pollinate which in turn increases yield (via volume or size.)
Would we need it for 100%yield or it would give 10%+ to the 100%?
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:45 am
Kelpchip wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:22 am Can you leak any of the new brands
Not if I want to keep my job.. and I want to keep my job :D

Nah let's have some real talk here:

There are some things that are pretty much set in stone when it comes to brands for FS19, there are also brands we are still in the talks with. We will announce them at a later date (for some of them it might be very late).

Same goes for more features and stuff. I know you guys would love to know more about the game, but I don't have much to say right now. Let me give you a short overview about why (a very simplified version, but yeah).

So there is the feature list in our office OK? It's a list where a lot of people have added things they want for FS19. It's a looooong list. I, myself, added the stuff from our FS19 forum threads, as I'm your voice in our company, that's what I'm here for.

Of course they are sorted by priority. Starting at the top, our bosses will take the features and assign them to teams (or people will point at one and say: I can do that!)
Then we start developing them.
Sometimes they work, sometimes they work more or less and sometimes they don't.
Once they are done, we work down the priority path.

So that means, at this stage in development, not all features have been decided. Sure that was a VERY simplified version of how it's actually happening (and priorities get shifted around, sometimes low prioroty things are so easy to do that they get done anyway ect ect so yeah.. very very simplified), but that's how every game in the world gets developed :D (more or less).

So once we have stuff we can talk about, we will.

There is one more layer: Marketing. Let's give a simple example here: This trailer.

As you might imagine, creating a trailer like this is expensive. Even IF I had things to announce right now, I wouldn't, as the focus this week is clearly the trailer and the FS19 announcement, otherwise marketing would kill me (and that's easy for them, I'm part of the team so they sit around me). Some announcements need a good timing.

A prime example in the gaming sector is E3 in June. That's where all major game companies announce things like new games ect. Do you wonder if there will be a new Elder Scrolls game? E3 will tell you. Ever thought about EA and what their next Star Wars game could be? Keep an eye on E3 ... ect. That's pure marketing and sure, our company is no different, sometimes things are not announced for marketing reasons.

As of now, however, most things are not announced because we are still in early development :)
I want to say thank you for being so nice with the information you have given! I wish more developers did this. I do have a question? Since the FS19 trailer all I see are people saying John Deere is in the FS19 game. I will honor your answer what ever it is, but clearing this up would be great. Thank again.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 am From what I understand: No, no complete recreation, however they will need some work. We will talk in detail about how to create/transform mods for FS19 at FarmCon this summer, so we will have more details by then.
That sounds good, will try and wait patiently now for the next few months, many thanks for the reply Lisertan :)
Last edited by masseyharris on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Giants doing a great job. Looking forward to the new release.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

texasplowboy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm I want to say thank you for being so nice with the information you have given! I wish more developers did this. I do have a question? Since the FS19 trailer all I see are people saying John Deere is in the FS19 game. I will honor your answer what ever it is, but clearing this up would be great. Thank again.

I've seen the "oh look we made the tractor green" posts as well. I've also seen one where the colours are clearly Fendt and one with silver wheels, so depending on where you are, it wil either be a JD, a Fendt, a JCB or.. I forgot what the last one was I saw.

I love that people speculate, but to avoid disappointment, I highly recommend only listen to our announcements when it comes to new brands (and we haven't made any so far).
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:03 pm
texasplowboy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm I want to say thank you for being so nice with the information you have given! I wish more developers did this. I do have a question? Since the FS19 trailer all I see are people saying John Deere is in the FS19 game. I will honor your answer what ever it is, but clearing this up would be great. Thank again.

I've seen the "oh look we made the tractor green" posts as well. I've also seen one where the colours are clearly Fendt and one with silver wheels, so depending on where you are, it wil either be a JD, a Fendt, a JCB or.. I forgot what the last one was I saw.

I love that people speculate, but to avoid disappointment, I highly recommend only listen to our announcements when it comes to new brands (and we haven't made any so far).
Thank you.
Newhollandts100

Post by Newhollandts100 »

Will there still be modding support on console?
Also when will be seeing some fact sheets?
googleplex2010

Post by googleplex2010 »

With SSAO is ao baking no longer required?
Pedriko

Post by Pedriko »

Ok, i'm really afraid about the system requirements. My PC is very weak and I can't upgrade it. The game will still run on 32 bits PCs?
Guil

Post by Guil »

W1der wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:20 pm I just tried one of the competitors crappy excuse of a farming simulator ... which made me depressed!
Now I see this ... and I am happy again ... :mrgreen: *thumbsup*

Just one question ...
What graphics card will I need to buy to get the most out of this?
Isn't there new 10 series Nvidia cards out in the next month or 2?
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Guil wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:39 am
W1der wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:20 pm I just tried one of the competitors crappy excuse of a farming simulator ... which made me depressed!

Just one question ...
To be honest you should see what the requirements are first. That way you will know what you need to upgrade in your PC. The 10 series cards have been out for some time.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Think it's the 20 series coming out soon
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
W1der

Post by W1der »

texasplowboy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:27 am
Guil wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:39 am

Just one question ...
To be honest you should see what the requirements are first. That way you will know what you need to upgrade in your PC. The 10 series cards have been out for some time.
I am not talking about "minimum specs" to run the game ... I am looking for information about what I need to run it at MAX.
I asked the same question for FS17 and was told that my current specs should be fine ... some said it was "over kill" ... but I found it to be just on the edge to perform the way I want it to bee. Knowing what I know now I should have gone with a stronger GPU for FS17.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5