Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Lisertan »

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 am
Lisertan wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 am
Colin_TJ wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:15 pm I might sound bold and a bit harsh but I would prefer that Giants team stop testing mods for fs17 now and focus their full potential on upcoming fs19. I just would like to see fs19 to be epic and really game changing experience version of Farming Simulator... :)
We have no plans to drop mod testing anytime soon, however it will be a bit slower once we start going all in on FS19 testing. QA can handle both for now, but once FS19 gets more into shape that will change and we will see how this turns out.
Hey Lis, could you shortly explain why is proccess of testing mods for PC so long and complicated? You didn´t release any new mods for a few long days now. Is there really a point in testing them so much. I only complain because I saw that the waiting list is pretty long. (Im asking for PC mods, and know that console mods needs pretty heavy testing)
Thanks for the answer!
Actually: I can't. I'll send one of the QA guys into this thread, they might be able to. They are quite busy right now (ROPA, FS19 stuff), that might be one reason.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 am Hey Lis, could you shortly explain why is proccess of testing mods for PC so long and complicated? You didn´t release any new mods for a few long days now. Is there really a point in testing them so much. I only complain because I saw that the waiting list is pretty long. (Im asking for PC mods, and know that console mods needs pretty heavy testing)
Thanks for the answer!
Hi Tomazius!

Gonna pop in here real quick to give you guys some insight into what's going on behind the scenes: Currently we are four guys in the QA team. One of which is our Lead, pfreek - he has lots of management and planning to do. DerSchreiner is on vacation for the whole week. That leaves me an my good friend dvapsy here for the whole ModHub which is quite a task in itself. Imagine the workflow like this:

• modders upload their mod, it gets set to 'Pending'
• pfreek and we have q quick look at most of the mods in the 'Pending' queue and send back any ones that do not meet our ModHub quality standards so the modders can work on improving them almost immediately
• We set a couple of them to 'Testing' - this is where the fun begins
• The scope of the test always depends on what kind of mod it is: Placeable/Prefab? A whole map? Vehicle/tool? Beta mod or not?
• We test every mod thoroughly, check its inGame functionalities and make sure all of the metadata meets our standards
• Most of the time we then either send the mod back OR put it on 'Pending Release' if all is well and the mod's looking good and is free of errors. If not, then it gets set back to 'Review' so the modder can work on the issues at hand

And then there's console testing:
• After a mod has been in 'Testing' and we approved it we may think that it's quality is high enough to maybe also be released on console
• If this is the case, we set it to 'Decision console' - here we discuss and make the final call if it will find it's way on there or not between all of us testers
• We then have to prepare it for console testing, which is a very elaborate process: Shader fails have to be removed and solutions for this have to be found in close collaboration with the modder - this is where we also have to wait for the modder to do their part or explain things to them again until all has been understood and executed correctly
• Once the mod is ready for console testing, we set it 'live' to 'Console Testing' so it will show up in the ModHub on our console devkits
• We then test it on consoles, do a quick MP check on there as well and then hopefully all issues will be resolved and all's looking well
• If all is looking good, we set it to 'Pending Release' for a multiplatform release

As you can hopefully see, there is a lot going on involving the process of releasing a mod on our ModHub. Between every stage and every mod set to 'Review' again, we have to wait for the modder to fix the issues and then resubmitting his/her mod. This of course can take some time. And we always try to get the best quality mods out there for you people to have fun with ;)

Hope this clarifies some things *thumbsup*
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

x Lethian x wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 am
Tomazius96 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:19 am Hey Lis, could you shortly explain why is proccess of testing mods for PC so long and complicated? You didn´t release any new mods for a few long days now. Is there really a point in testing them so much. I only complain because I saw that the waiting list is pretty long. (Im asking for PC mods, and know that console mods needs pretty heavy testing)
Thanks for the answer!
Hi Tomazius!

Gonna pop in here real quick to give you guys some insight into what's going on behind the scenes: Currently we are four guys in the QA team. One of which is our Lead, pfreek - he has lots of management and planning to do. DerSchreiner is on vacation for the whole week. That leaves me an my good friend dvapsy here for the whole ModHub which is quite a task in itself. Imagine the workflow like this:

• modders upload their mod, it gets set to 'Pending'
• pfreek and we have q quick look at most of the mods in the 'Pending' queue and send back any ones that do not meet our ModHub quality standards so the modders can work on improving them almost immediately
• We set a couple of them to 'Testing' - this is where the fun begins
• The scope of the test always depends on what kind of mod it is: Placeable/Prefab? A whole map? Vehicle/tool? Beta mod or not?
• We test every mod thoroughly, check its inGame functionalities and make sure all of the metadata meets our standards
• Most of the time we then either send the mod back OR put it on 'Pending Release' if all is well and the mod's looking good and is free of errors. If not, then it gets set back to 'Review' so the modder can work on the issues at hand

And then there's console testing:
• After a mod has been in 'Testing' and we approved it we may think that it's quality is high enough to maybe also be released on console
• If this is the case, we set it to 'Decision console' - here we discuss and make the final call if it will find it's way on there or not between all of us testers
• We then have to prepare it for console testing, which is a very elaborate process: Shader fails have to be removed and solutions for this have to be found in close collaboration with the modder - this is where we also have to wait for the modder to do their part or explain things to them again until all has been understood and executed correctly
• Once the mod is ready for console testing, we set it 'live' to 'Console Testing' so it will show up in the ModHub on our console devkits
• We then test it on consoles, do a quick MP check on there as well and then hopefully all issues will be resolved and all's looking well
• If all is looking good, we set it to 'Pending Release' for a multiplatform release

As you can hopefully see, there is a lot going on involving the process of releasing a mod on our ModHub. Between every stage and every mod set to 'Review' again, we have to wait for the modder to fix the issues and then resubmitting his/her mod. This of course can take some time. And we always try to get the best quality mods out there for you people to have fun with ;)

Hope this clarifies some things *thumbsup*
Thanks for your fast and clear response! Have a nice days guys and I wish the team fun with testing!
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

I agree with those who want more old tractors, i hope (even if there are few possibilities) in old tractors and combine harvesters like Fiatagri and Laverda. I am Italian and I would like to have some Italian brands, the new Laverda that are part of the AGCO group are also good.
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

What about letting us help you do parts of the testing ? Equipment masked up and camouflaged so we don't known what it is ;-)
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:07 am All the speculation is ok, but what I want to know is when can we pre order?
The question is...why would you want to pre-order. For those of us that remember the FS17 launch it was a buggy mess. Buying the game in the first 3 months just meant you were paying full price to beta test. Add to that, for Xbox users, the game went on sale on Xbox Live after a month.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Well because some of us don't want to wait a month or two for the game, or don't mind paying full price.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
markare

Post by markare »

Magnarex wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 pm

The question is...why would you want to pre-order.

Pre order is helpful for numerous reasons. Maybe finds not available at release date. Chances of bonus material. Ability to download files and await the unlock on release day to play instantly rather than having to wait to download and possibly not get it due to server over loads
. Add to that, for Xbox users, the game went on sale on Xbox Live after a month.
Sales on xbox are often not controlled by the developers these are usually down to Microsoft themselves.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

You both seemed to miss the point. FS17 was a buggy mess on launch. I don't have a problem paying full price but I want the game to be complete.
“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils; but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”
markare

Post by markare »

Show me a game that isn't a buggy mess when it is released these days. Almost always needing patched within first week of release these days
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Magnarex

Post by Magnarex »

markare wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:59 pm Show me a game that isn't a buggy mess when it is released these days. Almost always needing patched within first week of release these days
I don't recall any games I've purchased in the last year that were obviously in need of a patch. I've got a couple that did patch but I never ran into whatever bug they were fixing. And FS17 didn't just patch the first week, it patched over the first 4 months until the glaring bugs were fixed, they made it worse at least once because I stopped playing it for 6 weeks until it patched again, and then they ignored the game for 8 months while they pushed out mobile versions and let the players deal with the not-quite-so-glaring bugs until they patched before the expansion.

And, seriously, what kind of attitude is that? Everything is stuff so I don't mind stepping up and getting some more stuff. Hold Giants accountable and you'll get a BETTER PRODUCT.

Giants knows they're the only game in town that's worth anything in this niche and it shows in they're quality control.
Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend »

Magnarex wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:42 pmAnd, seriously, what kind of attitude is that? Everything is stuff so I don't mind stepping up and getting some more stuff. Hold Giants accountable and you'll get a BETTER PRODUCT.
The irony of this entire statement is hilarious.
heyimbill.com
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

I would like to ask x Lethian x if the updated graphics engine will turn to good even on consoles, I mean with all the effects activated unlike FS 17.
Logan.Laprise

Post by Logan.Laprise »

Lisertan can u or the devs hear me out, the game lacks American equipment we need tractors with thinner american axle tires with the bar on them sticking out and like 30" spaced axle duals being able to choose how spaced u want your axle duals so 20" or 30" for front and rear or just rear and a 2wd option for a lot of tractors also an option for suitcase weights on the front, and having chunky duals on the combines, with systems in setting to convert from liters to bushels and meters to feet and hectares to acres and more stuff like that for us american players, it would also be nice to choose the year of your tractor like having a 2017 American style Case steiger, a 2001 2wd American style Case magnum and a 2009 American style Massey Ferguson, and having discs and chisel plows with separate textures and American field cultivators pulling a packer on the back of it and having row planters and belly dump semi trailers for grain and v boxes\gravity wagons for grain being pulled by the tractor, just to add more American equipment into the game and make it better for the American players not just the European players but we need more American style stuff in game and more american options like no red and white warning sings as an option and all the other stuff i said, etc....... I hope Lisertan sees this and him and devs get to talking and add this stuff in game cause i would love it sooo much and a bunch of other American players would love it to. Just wonder cause i'm curious about it and would love it if so, thanks for listening. :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
Last edited by Logan.Laprise on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

Logan.Laprise wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 pm Lisertan can u or the devs hear me out, the game lacks American equipment we need tractors with thinner american axle tires with the bar on them sticking out and like 30" spaced axle duals being able to choose how spaced u want your axle duals so 20" or 30" for front and rear or just rear and a 2wd option for a lot of tractors also an option for suitcase weights on the front, and having chunky duals on the combines, with systems in setting to convert from liters to bushels and meters to feet and hectares to acres and more stuff like that for us american players, it would also be nice to choose the year of your tractor like having a 2017 American style Case steiger, a 2001 2wd American style Case magnum and a 2009 American style Massey Ferguson, and having discs and chisel plows with separate textures and American field cultivators pulling a packer on the back of it and having row planters and belly dump semi trailers for grain and v boxes\gravity wagons for grain being pulled by the tractor, just to add more American equipment into the game and make it better for the American players not just the European players but we need more American style stuff in game and more american options like no red and white warning sings as an option and all the other stuff i said, etc....... I hope Lisertan sees this and him and devs get to talking and add this stuff in game cause i would love it sooo much and a bunch of other American players would love it to. Just wonder cause i'm curious about it and would love it if so, thanks for listening. :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
I am also from the U.S. and since none of the equipment I would like to see is even made any more I am perfectly happy with what we have now. It also might be that since I am almost 70 years old I have come to realize you don't always get your way in life.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.