Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Denhalen

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Denhalen » Sun May 13, 2018 11:07 am

Mime918 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm
I'm wondering how far off in the weeds this is going to be, the more in depth for me the better, also being able to pick what type of fertilizer you use would be nice. Between ammonium nitrate prill anhydrous ammonia or UAN. Depending on crop type. Horses is are an awesome add. Hopefully we can ride them and use a variety of hand tools and horse drawn equipment like a classic game mode or something. Like I said the more in the weeds the better. I mean heck building fences one wire at a time would cause some people to panic but not me atleast you won't get cut up on a video game lol.

Sincerely a farmer from Oklahoma
In fs 15 there was a great mod, where you had different kinds of weed killers and fertilizer, that worked with one crop but not the other. It forced you as player to kind of plan ahead. Also the level of nutrien and moisture played a big part in how well your crop would do. I kind of hope FS 19 will have this implemented into the game. Maybe as a on/off option. Like the plow after 3 harvests in order to have better yield and the 3 stages of fertilizing. It would be great if you have to choose your fertilizer and weed killer prior to whatever you are going to sow. Also check your moisture levels. In a dry season/grow stage you need to spray water over your crop.

Riding horse would be like a fun thing. But it depends on what kind of horses are in the game, for the use of pulling epuipment. I wouldn't want a riding horse to pull a heavy plow.

Looking forward to hear new official news from Giants. Maybe some at FarmCon.

BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus » Sun May 13, 2018 3:49 pm

eric21 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 am
Since horses are in fs19, does that mean the straw pellet harvester mod is going to be included in fs19?
A placeable glue factory included in the game would be great... *thumbsup*
MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Case, Asus - PRIME B250M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, i7700k ,MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 OC , 16GB DDR4 RAM, CRYORIG - M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler, 3 Cool Master Jetflo case fans, 1TB HDD, Win 10, T150, T3PA Pro Pedal set, TH8A Shifter and a PS4
the big print giveth the small print taketh

shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:39 pm

eric21 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:30 pm
Its due to console limitations with the hazard lights and i guess dashboards, maybe fs19 can change that
That's total BS, how is this game more advanced than GTA or any of the AAA games that can handle better graphics? There are mods like the new Fiatagra tractor that has dash lights, it's just lazy to not include these features

Alagos

Post by Alagos » Thu May 31, 2018 6:54 pm

"lazy", here we have another ignorant person who thinks he knows everything.
Next time, please don't take the time to join a forum just to post something like this.

shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:59 pm

I want the farmer to be more important, it's kind of hard to feel immersed in game play when I can't even get into my house and have to stand outside while I fast forward time. Have farmer needs, at the very least feed him and let him sleep. Horses are great but if it still rains in barns what's the point? How can you have a farming sim and not have seasons in the base game? In a simulator little things can be huge!

Guitarman

Post by Guitarman » Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 pm

I can remember a post a while ago where it was suggested that the hazards were because of limited buttons, but I don't think that was definite.

As for the dashboard lights aren't included in the base game vehicles (on any platform) because of the time required to apply this to every vehicle. As this would differ for each vehicle in the game they wouldn't have had the time to add to each (upon a quick count on the games page on the website I got 71 different tractors/harvesters/lorries). A lot more than adding one set for a mod.
Stegei wrote: We intentionally decided not to add interior lights since we knew that we would not be able to properly pull that off for all the vehicles we have in the game. It not only takes a lot of time to add the lighting elements to each model, but also to investigate how the lighting works exactly for each model, especially because that is not something that you can easily see in most pictures as mostly the lights are not turned on. So we need to take a picture of each model with the lights turned on under the right lighting conditions (in full sun, you won't see the dash lights even if they're turned on). But it's definitely something we would love to have, so it's likely that we'll add this in one of the future versions of the game.

What mods are doing is completely up to the modders. Some do have all the information and the time to add interior lights, others face the same issues as we do, that they don't know how the lighting looks exactly or don't have the time to add them. And probably some just don't care at all.
Source: viewtopic.php?t=118748
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb

W1der

Post by W1der » Thu May 31, 2018 9:45 pm

shredhed79 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:59 pm
I want the farmer to be more important, it's kind of hard to feel immersed in game play when I can't even get into my house and have to stand outside while I fast forward time. Have farmer needs, at the very least feed him and let him sleep. Horses are great but if it still rains in barns what's the point? How can you have a farming sim and not have seasons in the base game? In a simulator little things can be huge!
Or you can play "sims" ... *thumbsup*
[Win10] Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz / GTX1070 Dual OC 8GB GDDR5 / 32GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM

Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:41 am

I get why some people would want to actually take care of they own farmer in the sense of feeding him and things like that but I think giants has it right in trying to remain focused on farming and not surviving in a sense just my view though

BigC92

Post by BigC92 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 am

It is after all Farming Simulator, and besides we dont have the option to go into 3rd person mode, i think thats right, but the main goal is to take care of your animals, buy the best Equipment and Vehicles, and make money.

RODHA

Post by RODHA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 am

Even if we have a 3rd person option on FS19 I wouldn't use it for anything other than collecting gold nuggests (considering they will still be in the game).
PS4 / FS17

ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am

Would be happy to see first persons hands doing something like steering....
Farming Simulator 2017 Platinum - Xbox One X - Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Still love: Woodshire, Altenstein (Redkeinstus). Will love: Lone Oak Farm (Frontier Design/BulletBill).
Love: FENDT 900 Favorit Vario (Smety (CMT)) / Deutz D80 ~ Farming Classics (Dogface).

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am

ltl.vamp wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am
Would be happy to see first persons hands doing something like steering....
Oh no, it always looks tacky and would be a nightmare for modders.

ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 am

Would like to jump to my fields, like i could jump to the fields, i don't own.
Farming Simulator 2017 Platinum - Xbox One X - Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Still love: Woodshire, Altenstein (Redkeinstus). Will love: Lone Oak Farm (Frontier Design/BulletBill).
Love: FENDT 900 Favorit Vario (Smety (CMT)) / Deutz D80 ~ Farming Classics (Dogface).

RODHA

Post by RODHA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:54 am

I know a lot of people wouldn't like that but sometimes I just want to jump to any point on the map. And not just myself. Also any vehicles or implements.
PS4 / FS17

BigC92

Post by BigC92 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:36 am

RODHA wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:39 am
Even if we have a 3rd person option on FS19 I wouldn't use it for anything other than collecting gold nuggests (considering they will still be in the game).
Exactly right.