Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Boddi

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Boddi »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27 pmpeople need to realize that when I started to play video game this is what it looked like(1st pic) pong, late 70's......
Aaaah! … Pong! Thanks Lefe1, for bringing back sweet childhood memories. I was the “King of Pong” in my neighborhood… Actually it’s only us gamers, born in the 1970’s, that should be allowed to criticize games. We’re the only ones who have seen it all :biggrin2:

Those criticizing the jump from 17 to 19. And from 15 to 17 back in the days… They miss a crucial point: The FS series isn’t just a game. It’s a platform, allowing talented people all around the world to make considerable changes to it.
  • Not happy with the grass or ground textures? Bring your own!
  • Missing a tractor or an implement? Make it yourself. Giants let you!
Now, that's freedom *thumbsup*

Giants once decided to make almost everything in their games moddable. There aren’t many games, if any at all, this modding friendly. So, when every “look-at-me-cause-I-can-trash-talk-too-dude” shouts “FS17 with mods” they forget who allowed mods to be there in the first place…

TL;DR: There are many talented modders out there. Giants let them shine.
Farmer Foley

Post by Farmer Foley »

Ha ha..you young whipper snappers...try 1964 here..i watched the european map on my xbox One X tv, 50" 4K UHD.. it was stunning compared to what i saw on my Laptop..and that was amazing.. Well done Giants. :hi:
You keep a Troshin :hi:
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

pansar_skytte wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:38 pmIf you played much on modded maps with better looking grass and trees they kind of look alot alike
I've played lots of those same mod maps. The grass on them looks different, not better, just different because they include more variety of plants in it. I'm liking what I see so far, especially that german alps map.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Xandro

Post by Xandro »

Farmer_S wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm It's horrible to hear that not all of the FS17 DLC vehicles and equipment will make it into FS19. I hope Giants convert them over as mods if nothing else. Otherwise they'll be lost forever. It's not as if any decent modder can just convert them, as they're locked. I personally would be very upset if the entirety of the big bud and platinum DLCs was not brought over, either as part of the base game, or a mod. Same with the Kuhn square bale wrapper and the Kuhn merger. If those are all in FS19, I would be OK with that I guess. But what're the chances of that I wonder. FS19 looks really good either way, I just hope we don't lose some good Giants equipment as a result.

Maybe Lisertan can elaborate on what he knows or doesn't know in terms of stuff being converted as either a mod, base game, or lost entirely.
I think the same, I'm disappointed to find out. I would like the DLC of tractors and large, American machinery.

Greetings, great game awaits us. I have many proposals to improve the game.
JoaoRabit

Post by JoaoRabit »

Farmer_S wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm It's horrible to hear that not all of the FS17 DLC vehicles and equipment will make it into FS19. I hope Giants convert them over as mods if nothing else. Otherwise they'll be lost forever. It's not as if any decent modder can just convert them, as they're locked. I personally would be very upset if the entirety of the big bud and platinum DLCs was not brought over, either as part of the base game, or a mod. Same with the Kuhn square bale wrapper and the Kuhn merger. If those are all in FS19, I would be OK with that I guess. But what're the chances of that I wonder. FS19 looks really good either way, I just hope we don't lose some good Giants equipment as a result.

Maybe Lisertan can elaborate on what he knows or doesn't know in terms of stuff being converted as either a mod, base game, or lost entirely.
Where did you hear that?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lis said it, but its happened in previous titles
JoaoRabit

Post by JoaoRabit »

eric21 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:46 pm Lis said it, but its happened in previous titles
Where did Lis said that?
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

JoaoRabit wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:54 pm
eric21 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:46 pm Lis said it, but its happened in previous titles
Where did Lis said that?
It was actually Martin Rabl that said it in the video below (at bout 10:30). Everyone should pay attention to the reason. All models have to be updated for FS19. Giants don't have time to update all DLC models. At least not prior to release... With that said, I will be surprised if not most models in the Big Bud DLC are brought over...

Xandro

Post by Xandro »

woody09 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 pm hi every one I sent a message to lisertan about farming sim 19 first of all I ask give me two reasons why I should buy the game secondly I asked when it rains will the tractor wheel sink and spin then I asked when you hit something will there be tractor damage then I asked will the soil be like concrete when you try to level it like in 17 then I asked why claas was not in 19 all of these he could not answer then he said that I was ranting and it was only for fun. I found this reply very upsetting because I have only asked what other users have asked..... ps I have farmed for years but know being disabled I have played farm sim17 for hours and hours I was just suggesting things to make farm sim 19 better or as he put it more fun. so if that's his attitude he can stuff his game?? so have a nice day lisertan……………….
An interview was made to a member of the development team (between winter and spring).

Claas is not here, because many years ago he proposed the exclusivity of the brand over the game. Claas does not want competition from other brands in the industry. Therefore they have only participated in 2 or 3 games (more or less).

The surprise was the entry of JD. Maybe they would be frightened by the competition and not be seen in the simulator with increasing repercussion in the agricultural world and amateurs. It is what perhaps one day could produce the entry of Claas; you never know.

They want to keep growing, but they no longer see the need to license more brands (many important ones are not missing), most of them already participate. They hope to improve in future games with other sections.

For my part, I would like the FS21 to introduce soil manipulation, especially for MODS. Create industrial maps and mining. I would like that function to be active in the editor right now so that people would be rehearsing with it. It would be what would bring more life to the game.
Sowing and selling repeatedly becomes boring, since since 2008 nothing else has been done apart from trees in FS15. The game can quickly become boring, compared to the one that enters the game as a rookie and if knowledge (the rookie will enjoy it much more, being a novelty) will not be the same with the veteran player.

They have cited that they want to grow, and create a future game that competes against the big companies, to realize a game AAA "Farming".

The company has grown during 2018. They have created a new office in the Czech Republic, they have moved or are finishing doing so, to larger ones in Germany and Switzerland, during this 2018. They have been hiring more staff and are going to continue to hire more, during this year and the next. The intention of hiring a few more qualified programmers, with more experience in the sector.
In mind this improve the graphic engine or renew it completely, (this under study), since it is something that requires much more work and time, would represent a greater effort.

They discussed the possibility of expanding the game with more vehicles or different licenses, planes, ships, trains, trucks ...

And for this I would have an interesting proposal to improve the game. Give more life to the existing railway. More trade or merchandising industry, new uses or points of displacement.
Important to buy and sell wagons, (add) even different locomotives. Attach them to dead rails and changes of needles / tracks. And with more time and future (as a *** perhaps), implement train traffic and control by traffic lights.
It would be an important addition to the operation of the train (interesting would be under real licenses).

More proposals, maybe comment on other comments. Too long this citation.

Greetings and thank you very much ...
Nybyggarn

Post by Nybyggarn »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 pm The first problem is its FARMING simulator, not industry and mining simulator, not railroad simulator and not world mogul simulator
This.
Xandro

Post by Xandro »

Guil wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 am What other games do you play that have to sync as much between every player as farming simulator?
It is perhaps the main flaw of the game, they should solve it right now and that defect is not present anymore.
Xandro

Post by Xandro »

I proposed the railway, because they proposed it and they have introduced it in the game (their manager).
The rest I mentioned as an alternative for supplementary Mods. Since the game in the future will have or should have (is the most requested, and have said they have worked on it and is pending), change / modify soil textures (drilling). So it allows you to do what you want in moding mode.

Do not be so fussy. They themselves are looking for other alternatives, since they want to reach a greater number of people and not only to specify in a complex agricultural simulation (that does not attract players), not only for fans of the agricultural sector (I quote almost his words). Complexity in the simulation scares the possibility of attracting more clients (it was studied by them at the beginning in 2006/7). It's something that was discussed in that interview, what the manager remembered, how it was the beginning of the game and the company.

The game started as agriculture and now it is much more extensive. In 2011 Livestock and Biogas (by DLC), in 2015 forestry, 2017 railroad. And now they intend to go further.

I repeat this has come out of an interview in the specialized press, at the beginning of 2008. The idea is to reach everything / s and they are not going to be closed in one single thing.

There could even be the possibility of creating more games (personal opinion), one could be mining and construction. They already tried something in the past with other games. I do not think this is disposable.

Mention was made to create new games, but I did not specify much about this aspect; it was treated together with the possibility of adding more features to the game, as well as adding more crops, since there is a great variety of machines and the game does not include too many.

Of that they also commented. And it was when he proposed new licenses for different vehicles; more trucks, trains; in even the possibility of putting airplanes and boats, and under the possibility of adding another type of new licenses.

I have lost the interview, but I would link, if I find something I will put it. I could have saved an article that talks about the expansion and the move this year.

I see people who are closed minded, and so we will not progress, except for them and this I do not think is of interest to them.
They are future proposals for the game to develop and expand. That's why they dream of an AAA, Top Game and sales.

In fact many people did not expect or think about the current option of creating farms from scratch.
A big step, the biggest one so far. They have to amortize the large investment that is taking place right now the company. By 2019 there will be more than a hundred permanent employees, close to 100 will be only for the internal development of the game (in total already exceed 100 last winter) but half or less were to create the game sitting behind the PC.
By November the company will hire "temporarily" one hundred and more people, for the commercial release of the game. As already done in 2016 (FS17).

Most of what is cited here, is what could be read in several interviews, the director of the development team.

Here something, the main article about its beginnings I have not located (and neither about continuing to improve the game) was a very large article.
This other one will seem interesting to you:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressrele ... public.php
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 pm The first problem is its FARMING simulator, not industry and mining simulator, not railroad simulator and not world mogul simulator
The train is used like the trucks, transporting your produce. Which is not uncommon on this here world called earth, you know. You would remove them too, as it's not transport simulator then? Slippery road... I barely use the train as is as the maps are too small for it, but once the step to bigger maps is made there'll be more sense to it.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
W1der

Post by W1der »

Trains only makes sense to use when the price is high for the sell point connected to it ... but with the layout of GCV as an example ... it makes no sense at all to use the train to "reach" it ...
And in what part of the world is the "farmer" allowed o drive the train? ... :hmm:

I like the idea of a train as a sell point and I would be quite happy to just "send it away" ...
Driving the train is the most boring thing this game has to offer. :this:

Some modded maps has been able to make this feature a bit more useful though ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Guil

Post by Guil »

Xandro wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm
Guil wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 am What other games do you play that have to sync as much between every player as farming simulator?
It is perhaps the main flaw of the game, they should solve it right now and that defect is not present anymore.
How do you propose it is "solved"? The huge amount of data to be synced means there will probably always be a delay of some sort.