Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

JemHadar

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by JemHadar »

I just noticed something in the video.
Check the part when you see only the man's and the dog's shadows on the grass... 3D terrain!
PS4 Canadian farmer
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Logger 34 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:41 pm This might be a dumb question but do you guys at giants plan on adding more logging equipment or will you be able to put big pile of trees without the lag or will it have forestry at all just a curious few questions I had. thanks for all you guys at giants do for all us players .
I second this question! Please respond. I'm more curious about the physics of logs. Can they bend to a point then break into splinters? Land deformation is also top of my list. The ability to make your own roads even. Especially in the forestry area.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

JemHadar wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 am I just noticed something in the video.
Check the part when you see only the man's and the dog's shadows on the grass... 3D terrain!
It's just a promo video, it's not a actual in game footage.
JemHadar

Post by JemHadar »

^^^ Yeah, I know but they're hiding clues of what's to come so we can only hope!
PS4 Canadian farmer
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Lord_Beelzebub wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:51 am
JemHadar wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:20 am I just noticed something in the video.
It's just a promo video, it's not a actual in game footage.
Exactly... remeber the promo footage for fs17? If not just watch it when you open the game... cgi video, not game footage.
PC gamer.
abrahamslinkons

Post by abrahamslinkons »

Oh Im so excited. Cant wait. You always manage to get your game better by every year. I just really hope for 3D ground textures. Or would dynamic ground be too much?
Kelpchip

Post by Kelpchip »

Can you leak any of the new brands
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm
cmusic52 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm well he said they did a complete overhaul of their engine, sooo its not the same engine, its changed and improved
You know what? Let me go into detail:

Here is what we did:
The Sky is dynamic now. Real coulds (3d objects) that turn grey before it starts to rain, so you can predict the weather
Sun and Moon are there and moving
We added volumetric fog (it looks SO good)
We added:
Depth of Field
Color grading / Tone Mapping
High Dynamic Range Rendering
Bloom
Global Illumination (SSAO)
Dynamic Eye Adaptation
Light Scattering

That's a huge list for a engine update and the results will blow you away once we can show them.
Survival of the smarter graphics, I like it.
Now about that tractor in the trailer, some on discord server are speculating a 7R JD :hmm:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Kelpchip wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:22 am Can you leak any of the new brands
He isn't allowed to reveal any of that yet.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
cdsang

Post by cdsang »

My guess is dynamic terrain very similar to how snow tracks work in seasons but its dirt. If you look at the key chain, its got an old tractor on it. Might be another clue. I would not be surprised if those textures and models get used, but i imagine some effects will be turned down or turned off,such as ambient occlusion, all together. If you look at when he opens the door and you see the fields and the rock road behind him may not be to far off excluding some effects of course. Grass I am unsure of but would be great if it did look that good. Anyway, just making some guesses.
Jlf85

Post by Jlf85 »

...could you imagine if you had even a nickel for every time someone brings up JD being in this game? I really dont think they could afford the licensing fees for JD--I mean, think about it, with all the brands they have in the game already, how could they afford to add another as big as John Deere? Plus, when I viewed the trailer, I don't see how you could make any assumptions about the tractor, as we see the tires and hear the engine, and that's about it...
dmt116

Post by dmt116 »

Can any tractor owners/enthusiasts identify the key or the make of the keyring model (around 23 seconds into the trailer)?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Jlf85 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:56 am ...could you imagine if you had even a nickel for every time someone brings up JD being in this game? I really dont think they could afford the licensing fees for JD--I mean, think about it, with all the brands they have in the game already, how could they afford to add another as big as John Deere? Plus, when I viewed the trailer, I don't see how you could make any assumptions about the tractor, as we see the tires and hear the engine, and that's about it...
Oh please. There are companies a lot smaller than Giants that can afford a Deere license. I'm not saying it will be in the game, in fact I doubt it will be. However, there is a reason people are asking for Deere. There have been enough naysayers about a lot of things in this franchise over the past few years and many have been proven wrong.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Jlf85 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:56 am ...could you imagine if you had even a nickel for every time someone brings up JD being in this game? I really dont think they could afford the licensing fees for JD--I mean, think about it, with all the brands they have in the game already, how could they afford to add another as big as John Deere? Plus, when I viewed the trailer, I don't see how you could make any assumptions about the tractor, as we see the tires and hear the engine, and that's about it...

From that image i can tell you it isent a deere... it had grey rims.....
PC gamer.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm Here is what we did:
The Sky is dynamic now. Real coulds (3d objects) that turn grey before it starts to rain, so you can predict the weather
Sun and Moon are there and moving
We added volumetric fog (it looks SO good)
We added:
Depth of Field
Color grading / Tone Mapping
High Dynamic Range Rendering
Bloom
Global Illumination (SSAO)
Dynamic Eye Adaptation
Light Scattering
That's a huge list for a engine update and the results will blow you away once we can show them.
Well, these are above my expectations.
And if you make all of those work on a regular PS4 hardware then you should definitely call it a NEW engine.
That sounds like a masterpiece :hi:
PS5 / FS22