Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

RODHA

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by RODHA »

lefe1 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:28 am and we are getting the krone Big M.. YES!
This...
This was as much exciting as JD for me.
I hope 500 would also be in the game.
PS5 / FS22
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Yes it is.... and I do hope that the 500 will be in it too....if not I will still be happy with the 450..
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

The 5th wheel pack would fit the picture perfectly... Assume you guys agree?
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

check the links over in the german section to the gamescon ingame videos, amazed them not beung discussed in the english forums
MC, aka Master of Cereals
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Is it because the video uploader dont have that selected, or is it because that's the way he has the channel set up? I just wanna make sure Lis isn't talking s*** about me, lol, only kidding Lis!
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

yeah definitely heard him say in the german video, BigC92 who's your daddy :p

impressed with the new night and moon, looking good and that was from a video where they had a camera pointing at a screen
JohndeereT04

Post by JohndeereT04 »

Can anyone clarify if console will have chopped straw texture? Watching some videos of gamescom games play and it shows a chopped straw texture. Thanks
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

JohndeereT04 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:46 pm Can anyone clarify if console will have chopped straw texture? Watching some videos of gamescom games play and it shows a chopped straw texture. Thanks
I fully expect everything you see in game at Gamescom will be available to both PC and console users, with possible exceptions being the beacons and indicator/hazard lights (though apparently these work on FS17 on consoles if you plug in a keyboard, so perhaps it's more of a control limitation than a performance one).
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

After seeing in-game pics and gameplay footage, over all, the game looks good.

Pros: Great scenery, 3D garage, herbicides (although the "instant kill" is odd), crop bending, HUD, farm development and overall...Appears to be some nice new features.

Cons: Colors, richness-brightness-saturation
I can't help but notice the colors. I'm not sure if Giants is just trying to show off the new lighting, but everything seems oversaturated or too bright. I noticed this especially in the Deere equipment. There seems to be a lack of definition in depth and polygon angles...everything blends together. The green and yellow used on Deere equipment seems off too. Its way too bright and lacks any level of richness. Appears like a molded plastic toy instead of a painted surface.

Also, I don't understand why the "pause" option is still the last item in a list of settings. Sorry, but that's just stupid. I'm sure it works just fine for pc guys who can just click on it but for console players, its a PITA. It's right up there with using a thumb button to run the pressure washer. I hope we can back scroll thru the menu, it will make it easier.

In the garage, it appears that clamp on duals are the norm again. I hope this isn't the only option. So far, the previous versions have been European based. Even the American maps utilize European features. In regard to dual wheels, the commonality of use favors North America far more than Europe.

IMO, efforts to realize "America" have missed. It still very much feels like a view of North America thru a tv screen or magazine. Even the map locations have been a huge miss. It seems like Giants is more concerned with a grand landscape than capturing North American Agriculture. The true beating heart of agriculture in North America (and a significant part of the world) is in the Midwestern United States and/or Mississippi River Valley....where there are no mountain ranges or palm trees.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:10 am I just wanna make sure Lis isn't talking s*** about me
This is the funniest post of the day.
I cant watch to many of the videos with the volume on.
They make me want to invade the neighbors and spray RAID on them.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Does anyone care where abouts the USA map is? Theres always someone moaning about its not where they live
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

eric21 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:52 pm Does anyone care where abouts the USA map is? Theres always someone moaning about its not where they live
nah, he has a point. It is like setting FS in Disneyland. there are more suitable US or northamerican locations.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

There's really no way for Giants to pick a perfect US location. They want to make their maps highlight every feature of the game. That's why I only play mod maps. I've not put serious hours into a Giants map since FS2011.

I honestly thought they'd go for a Southeastern US type map based on South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, etc... to really feature cotton farming. There's also a ton of logging and sugarcane growing that goes on there too so I thought it would be a nice fit.

Here's hoping Lone Oak gets converted in the first month or two.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:56 pmThey want to make their maps highlight every feature of the game.
you think they will allow sugarcane or cotton on the european map? :lol: the new american map, based on the trailer video will look nice, just as the “dach” map looks nice. try to make a map look real is easier if the location exists. i have every respect for all the hours they put into these fantasy maps. I have played Sosnovka for many an hour and hope the “dach” map will be similar.

maps like Lossberg i would play longer if they would allow me to build my own farmstead, which would now be possible
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Hasn't most (if not all) the gamplay from gamescom been on the European map? I swear there's been cotton growing there.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb