Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Lisertan »

The Farming Simulator series returns this year with a complete overhaul of its graphics engine, offering the most striking and immersive visuals and effects to date, along with the deepest and most complete farming experience ever on consoles and PC, discover more in the Reveal Trailer unveiled today.

Farming Simulator 19 will feature, at launch, three distinct open worlds in which to develop and expand your farm, in solo or with friends: two entirely new environments will soon be revealed, as well as an all-improved version of the South American environment, which has been overhauled to take advantage of the new engine's capabilities.

With the addition of new brands, Farming Simulator 19's garage will feature the franchise's most extensive vehicle roster ever. The game will also introduce new farming activities, new animals including horses, brand new mechanics, as well as new crops -- all of which we will be revealed in great detail over the coming months and future events.

Farm like never before in 2018! Farming Simulator is stepping up its game with Farming Simulator 19 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC!

Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by RODHA »

It is a huge relief for me to see that "PS4" mark in there :biggrin2:

And I've to say, if those will be the real in game graphics, oohh boy, that will be amazing *thumbsup*
PS5 / FS22
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

Thats a CGI trailer, mate. The game will look stunning, but not THAT stunning.
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It was always going to come to consoles, not sure where those no console rumours comes from. Glad to see giants sticking to the American environment as the main one again.

The dog wether it's part of the teaser or ingame should be interesting. Now I wonder what tractor was in the barn? T7 with wheel Weights?
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

eric21 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:13 pm It was always going to come to consoles, not sure where those no console rumours comes from. Glad to see giants sticking to the American environment as the main one again.

The dog wether it's part of the teaser or ingame should be interesting. Now I wonder what tractor was in the barn? T7 with wheel Weights?
You are 100% right with your console sentence. We will never go back to PC only (well never say never, but let's say no plans).
As for teh dog: Let's just say we've put it into the trailer for a reason ;)
Community Manager

BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

*thumbsup* here is to hoping that more forestry equipment is included in the list of new machines. Can't wait to see what all fs19 has in store.
cmusic52

Post by cmusic52 »

I do hope there's cats as well as every farm needs to have some cats, to keep the mice population down. I can't wait to see the new North American map as it sounds like there making a new one, I'm kind of curious what the European map will look like as well, I just wish John Deere would stop being soo behind the times and join the game officially
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Oh joy! :) Let the wait for factsheets begin *thumbsup*
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:11 pmThats a CGI trailer, mate. The game will look stunning, but not THAT stunning.
I know a CGI trailer can be different than in game graphics but I thought they are kept close to in game graphics to give better understanding on what will come. Thats why I just assumed those will be the in game graphics. Thanks for the clarification :hi:
eric21 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:13 pmIt was always going to come to consoles, not sure where those no console rumours comes from. Glad to see giants sticking to the American environment as the main one again.
There has never been any rumors about that. It was always me :biggrin2: I've posted some comments on a few places that I'm concerned if elder PS4 hardware would even be capable of running FS19 in optimal settings.

But as it is officially confirmed that FS19 is coming to consoles then I can relax :coolnew:
PS5 / FS22
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

I wonder what can be achieved with the same engine...?

But with new and other farming games available, i'm sure Giants will be at their best :)
cmusic52

Post by cmusic52 »

well he said they did a complete overhaul of their engine, sooo its not the same engine, its changed and improved, I seriously doubt there's a better engine out there for what they do with their game, farming games ain't a big enough genre but the engine did need some changes to keep improving the game
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

I'm intrigued by the "open worlds" part. :shock:

The only open world game I've played recently was dying light and that was huge..... Interesting! :hmm:

Can the doggo ride in the passenger seat of the tractor whilst you're working the fields?

Cannot wait to see more! :biggrin2:
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

More like 3 maps, 2 of them new and can play solo or multiplayer. I guess it's more of trying to impress people that way with fancier words
Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

It's a press release :D so yeah they sound fancy. That's what Publishers do :D
Community Manager

Lisertan

Post by Lisertan »

cmusic52 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm well he said they did a complete overhaul of their engine, sooo its not the same engine, its changed and improved
You know what? Let me go into detail:

Here is what we did:
The Sky is dynamic now. Real coulds (3d objects) that turn grey before it starts to rain, so you can predict the weather
Sun and Moon are there and moving
We added volumetric fog (it looks SO good)
We added:
Depth of Field
Color grading / Tone Mapping
High Dynamic Range Rendering
Bloom
Global Illumination (SSAO)
Dynamic Eye Adaptation
Light Scattering

That's a huge list for a engine update and the results will blow you away once we can show them.
Community Manager