Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

GothicKing13

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by GothicKing13 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:19 pm No easy/normal/hard are gone
Ah, well... I guess it will be the new "hard" mode for me then. I want to start with absolutely nothing! :D
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:26 pm
GothicKing13 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:08 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 pm Will the birds poop on stuff?
I swear, if birds dive bomb my tractor after I get done cleaning it......... lol
If the bird pooping will be in the game then I should be able to buy a shotgun from the shop. There is no other way :biggrin2:
Aha, I was going to say the same thing... but, I didn't know if Guil was browsing through the forums. So, I left "shotgun" off the tip of me tongue. LOL

PS. Just messing with you, Guil! :)
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:42 pm Did you know? If you buy the game via our webshop and you won't use the key within a specific time, we will send you a letter with the key? Like not en email.. a propper letter reminding you that you bought the game and providing the key in case you lost it. I've never seen that before and I think it's SO COOL.
Seriously!? Woah, now that's cool. I've never heard of a game company doing that before. Much respect to GIANTS. Although, you did loose me a moment on the Cheesecake part, I'm tired and a bit immature at the moment and couldn't stop laughing at it... don't judge! But, like... for reals? Ya'll will send an actual letter? NICE! :D
frankfarmer

Post by frankfarmer »

shredhed79 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:29 pm *censored* about seasons, I really don't see the point in aging machinery without seasons. I hope there will at least be a mod, if not I'll probably pass on this one
I agree... I don't see any point in playing the game without seasons
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:42 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:35 pm
Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:20 pm
I don't hate EA. I don't agree with everything they do, but I don't hate them. Ha!
I figured that out :biggrin2:

But let me ask you one thing. Of course if you can comment on that.

You know why a lot of gamers hate EA. They have gone too far on the money thing. Milking customers just doesn't work.

In that respect, when you personally compare EA and Giants, there is a huge difference isn't there?

I mean, I didn't pay a premium price to Giants but in return I got an amazing game and literally tons of other stuff for free (DLCs, mods, support, etc.).

I don't even begin to talk about EA and their pricing policy.
The difference is INSANE. Not even like day and night, more like ... day and cheesecake. There is no way to compare the two.

There are several reasons for that. EA is HUGE, Giants is tiny, this alone makes for 2 completely different companies, but I tell you the biggest difference and that is the one that BLEW my mind and makes me never wanting to leave Giants EVER:

EA, and every single company I worked for, tries to maximize their earnings. Quite frankly, I think that is fair enough, they are a company after all. GIANTS is completely different. OF COURSE we are trying to make as much money as possible, but the main goal here is to maximize happyness ... inside and outside of the company. This is so weird to see and at the same time so cool.

Let me give you an example:

Did you know? If you buy the game via our webshop and you won't use the key within a specific time, we will send you a letter with the key? Like not en email.. a propper letter reminding you that you bought the game and providing the key in case you lost it. I've never seen that before and I think it's SO COOL.

Same thing with my bosses taking everything I say seriously. I'm the Community Manager after all, I know what the Community wants, so they trust me with decisions I would never ever be able to make within bigger companies.

So yeah completely different because of their different goals, different size and different company type. EA has stakeholders and needs to make them happy. We don't and our CEO is already happy enough.
Well, I was kinda aware of something like that because whoever I see from Giants in a video or in a post, they are always happy and loving their job. And this can only be achieved by that kind of a mental approach as you explained which I think is completely alien to what we call a "boss" :biggrin2:

So, hats off to Christian and Stefan :hi: They seem to be really great personalities.

I hope that never ends because as long as this keeps going we will keep getting amazing games *thumbsup*

Thanks for the reply Lis.
PS5 / FS22
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:42 pm Let me give you an example:

Did you know? If you buy the game via our webshop and you won't use the key within a specific time, we will send you a letter with the key? Like not en email.. a propper letter reminding you that you bought the game and providing the key in case you lost it. I've never seen that before and I think it's SO COOL.
Don't be stupid. Who's going to buy the game then not play it! :mrgreen:

You're completely right, and that's why FS has grown as much as it has - from day one the game was generally about giving the players what they wanted. The game itself of course, but also editors, script documentation, tutorials, mod rewards and bringing mods to consoles to name but a few. There is a genuine love for the community and a sense that they want the game to grow to give us more, as much as to make more money.

Everything hasn't always been perfect (I seem to remember the lack of documentation for FS15 struck a poor note with a lot of modders and some left the scene as a result), but with FS17 and hopefully FS19 you're done everything reasonably possible to try to rectify that.

The approach of making the players happy to ensure success is rarely seen in this day of micro-transactions and general milking of the customer. :hi:
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Don't be stupid. Who's going to buy the game then not play it! :mrgreen:

We send about 150 - 200 letters a month so.. uhm.. yeah.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Really? Wow. :confusednew:
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Woah, that's a lot of letters.
W1der

Post by W1der »

shredhed79 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:29 pm *censored* about seasons, I really don't see the point in aging machinery without seasons. I hope there will at least be a mod, if not I'll probably pass on this one
Aging machinery with physical wear (weaker performance over time) is awesome!
Gives me a purpose to sell the old and get a new (even if it is the same kind) ...
Keeping my fleet of vehicles "up and running" will give me something to do with my money, ones I have to much of it ... :lol: *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:44 pm
Farmer_S wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pmIt's not as if any decent modder can just convert them, as they're locked.
Modders have already converted Giants models and maps into FS17 from FS15. Take a look at Krone Big M and Westbridge Hills.
It depends on Giants permission. It is doable. Not impossible.
Besides think about it. If Giants converts all DLCs from previous versions to newer ones, the shop would be flooded with a ton of stuff we got used to instead of new and different ones.
Westbridge hills was officially converted by Giants themselves from FS2013 to FS15, and then to FS17 by another modder, which then was uploaded by Giants to their modhub for FS17. At the point that any modder was able to get a hold of it, it was no longer DLC locked. The Krone Big M was never DLC locked, so that's easy enough for a modder to convert. My point I was making is about DLC locked tools and vehicles. There's no possible way to open the .dlc files that Giants have their DLC content locked in.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Tbh, I have no idea how that works. My point was it all depends on Giants. It might be possible. If circumstances alow, anything is possible.
May be you remember, we all thought and talked that seasons is literally impossible for consoles because of scripting. And then what happened? So...
PS5 / FS22
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

Birds should land behind seeders etc, but pooping is not confirmed, yet lol :D and about seasons i read that Seaosons will not be in base game because they were too far in game development. In my opinion Seasons will come after release as official mod in modhub. We will see!
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm
Whoah. That's one hard question right here. I have honestly no idea and numbers are changing pretty much every day right now :D I highly recommend waiting for out list.
That's fine. Was just looking for a little clarity because what someone may indicate as a "new vehicle" could actually just be new equipment. 38 vehicles (tractors/trucks) is a lot of new additions, if they were counted as (I believe) they were in FS17. 38 new pieces of equipment is a good amount, but with the addition of a couple new brands, that would be about as expected.
Farmer_S

Post by Farmer_S »

RODHA wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm Tbh, I have no idea how that works. My point was it all depends on Giants. It might be possible. If circumstances alow, anything is possible.
May be you remember, we all thought and talked that seasons is literally impossible for consoles because of scripting. And then what happened? So...
I'm not trying to start a huge discussion here, but mods are a completely different ball game to DLCs. I think everyone deep down knew that something as big as seasons would eventually make it to all platforms, despite barriers, as it did. When you think about it, scripts were never really NOT a part of consoles. Giants DLCs have scripts, the base game has scripts, everything has scripts. The difference is that Sony and Microsoft only allow Giants' scripts, so any scripts Giants incorporates will be allowed on console.
As for Giants unlocking a DLC for a modder to convert, I think we all know that's highly unlikely, as if anyone else gets their hands on it, it can be uploaded everywhere for free, then it's not really a DLC anymore, and Giants don't get anymore money since it can be found elsewhere.