Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Denhalen

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Denhalen »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:41 pm
Ragman wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 pm Imho FS needs depth. I mean we need longer delivery/manufacture chains etc, so you really do something, not only plant, harvest, sell, plought, cultivate, plant, harvest, sell... It makes game boring fast. If you get more possibilities to use your crops or wood it gives big boost to the game
Thats what farming is. Majority of farmers dont see any end product from what they produce. They raise it, they sell it, they repeat. Sure there are some that may take it a step or two further but its the minority of farmers that do. What you're talking about is more like Agriculture Industry Simulator
You have a point there. How ever a farmer doesn't do forestry either, I believe. Yet it is in the game. Maybe we should not be the ones that brings the end product to the costumers/store. But there could be some more depth in the agriculture. Like you need to do crop cylce, else the yield will go down. buy or raise animals from birth.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

There are some farmers that do harvest logs along with farming. There is a few around where I live that do just that. When things are slow on the farm they log.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Forestry is part of agriculture though
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Forestry is very common with farming in Finland.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I'm pretty sure cottontop on YouTube does both log and farm. He has alot of nice equipment.
W1der

Post by W1der »

If you had separate heating costs on your farm and where able to reduce them by feeding wood chips in a "heating plant" ... maybe forestry would fit better in to your "puzzle"?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

We dont do forestry around where i live, cause we dont have forest, we just have alot of big branch trees, we dont have forest like Washington, or any places like that.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Whether a farmer uses his crop or not entirely depends on the farmer, where he lives and what he does. If he raises dairy cattle, he could very well use all of his crops for cattle purpose. Some dairy farmers buy all or most of their feed.

If he is strictly a crop farmer, he may keep some or all or not keep any depending how large his harvest is, what he is harvesting and how much storage he has available.

There is no hard set rules for what a farmer does or doesn't do. There are so many variables that factor into the equation
Mark0306090120

Re: fs17 on ps4

Post by Mark0306090120 »

hughprice94 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:45 pm i have fs17 on my laptop since it has been out but i have bought it on ps4!how do i get mods on ps4 ? send me links please thanks
You go to mods.
rptr777

Post by rptr777 »

W1der wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:46 pm
Stonecutter wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:17 pm
rptr777 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:47 pm Would really love to see a follow me feature brought to the console version of fs19 and some smarter helpers. They are annoying to watch in the console versions right now.
Follow me is certainly a great mod and I hope they add it for you console guys. It's a massive time saver when going to a field that needs multiple pieces of equipment.

And I second the bit about helpers, even on PC with the AI extension mod they leave alot to be desired. I wish you could just assign a helper to a field and job and have it do everything including getting all the equipment.
There is already a mod for this (PC only) ... it is included in the "creator tools" ...
Just select a field and what you want on it ... bam ... finished!
The only thing missing is the next step ... a button that also sells the crop on the field and adds the money to your account.
I guess there is already a mod for this also ... "money cheat".

I just wonder what you want to do with all the time you saved on this? :hmm:
I have the ps4 version so I can't do what you guys do on PC. I am just hoping it gets added to the console version for fs19 that's what I meant by that.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's a lot of work and maybe too law for fs19
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

As I play Farm Sim 17 more and more in anticipation of 19...I really hope that Giants fix the workers when spraying and spreading fertilizer. I have no idea what causes it because I always do headlands as well as the edges of the fields to prevent this but... it never fails that every single time I hire a sprayer on 90% of the fields, when it is almost done or partially done the field the worker will just stop, turn and carry over to the edge of the field and then try and spray or just get stuck and then end the task.

It makes it really frustrating for multi tasking.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

^ yes, that annoys the heck outta me, they say they "completed their task" i go over there and say liar! I thought doing a headland would do the trick, but it dont, idc if the worker uses a bit more fertilizer, i want the job done right.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

BigC92 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:35 am ^ yes, that annoys the heck outta me, they say they "completed their task" i go over there and say liar! I thought doing a headland would do the trick, but it dont, idc if the worker uses a bit more fertilizer, i want the job done right.
Glad to see someone else has this problem as well.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I mean, i know its not hard to you know go over the spots that they missed, but im one of those guys who wants to be ahead of schedule, I'd understand if they were to close to a road with traffic, but if they have a big enough space to turn around, then just finish the run and turn around.