Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Hubcap

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Hubcap »

I understand there will be a new Game engine used.....hopefully they are not going to just update their current engine as it can't utilize my hardware. Too many spots on any given map ( Mod or stock) that the GPU usage is like 30%. this as it's just holding 60FPS...Vsync is off.....and I'm using a 4790K @ 4.7 Ghz.....and a GTX 1070 TI FTW 2....ssd's....16 gb of ram. This at 1080P.....1440 is a joke....wont even hod 50FPS.....they will hopefully use a modern high end engine. This is the single most important thing they need to do.....barring this change....I would not purchase.
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

Hubcap wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:13 pm I understand there will be a new Game engine used.....hopefully they are not going to just update their current engine as it can't utilize my hardware. Too many spots on any given map ( Mod or stock) that the GPU usage is like 30%. this as it's just holding 60FPS...Vsync is off.....and I'm using a 4790K @ 4.7 Ghz.....and a GTX 1070 TI FTW 2....ssd's....16 gb of ram. This at 1080P.....1440 is a joke....wont even hod 50FPS.....they will hopefully use a modern high end engine. This is the single most important thing they need to do.....barring this change....I would not purchase.
This will be the same engine but an updated version of it.
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

DevilkidHUN wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:17 pm
Hubcap wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:13 pm I understand there will be a new Game engine used.....hopefully they are not going to just update their current engine as it can't utilize my hardware. Too many spots on any given map ( Mod or stock) that the GPU usage is like 30%. this as it's just holding 60FPS...Vsync is off.....and I'm using a 4790K @ 4.7 Ghz.....and a GTX 1070 TI FTW 2....ssd's....16 gb of ram. This at 1080P.....1440 is a joke....wont even hod 50FPS.....they will hopefully use a modern high end engine. This is the single most important thing they need to do.....barring this change....I would not purchase.
This will be the same engine but an updated version of it.
Also, it's a new Graphics engine, not a new game engine, iirc. And I don't know why it's not working for you I get a steady 60fps on max settings with my specs at 1080p and 1440p
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Guil

Post by Guil »

Is it not the game engine that controls everything?
Hubcap

Post by Hubcap »

I know it's a graphics engine....but Giants referring to it as a "Game" Engine. I also heard the rumor of just an updated engine....but thats rumor as Giants is still keeping it under wraps....As for the fella getting a steady 60 FPS at 1440.....you are a rarity ( or you just don't own much equipment and run without any form of mods).....I know lots of people in the game also running high end hardware and they are all experiencing the exact same issue, and have verified that all mods are error free....you say your settings are on high....at 1440? ....you sure? I get an avg of 100+ at 1080....
Last edited by Hubcap on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hubcap

Post by Hubcap »

In a previous post I stated I was hoping for a much more efficient optimized FS19 version....I surely Hope Giants will bring the game forward to the current times and make the game use at least 8 threads
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

There are some badly optimised maps and mods out there but I get a pretty steady 60fps in 4K with everything at max settings on Oakfield with my GTX 1080. Its a beautifully optimised map.
Guil wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:36 pm Is it not the game engine that controls everything?
Sort of yeah. I think people are getting a little bit confused as to what Giants have said. Sounds like Giants engine is totally bespoke and was made specifically for the game. They can keep on adding to it, optimising it and changing it without it ever being called a whole 'new' engine.
markare

Post by markare »

Hubcap wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 pm I know it's a graphics engine....but Giants referring to it as a "Game" Engine. I also heard the rumor of just an updated engine....but thats rumor as Giants is still keeping it under wraps....
Lisertan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm

That's a huge list for a engine update and the results will blow you away once we can show them.
Stop listening to rumours. They are called rumours for a reason.

Also LIS is a giants employee that converses with us regular.

I would advise to read the whole thread first. This is literally on the first or second page of this thread. Not hard to miss.

No rumour. No keeping under wraps. He also has a little information about what is changed and enhanced.
Also its giants engine. Their own build. No other build is used.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

garyst wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:46 pm The tractor in the video looks like a valtra, the sound of the engine starting up sounds like one of the zetor tractors that are in game already and the little tractor keychain looks like a Ford 5000 to me. Anyways can't wait till the summer to find out more and hopefully one of the new crops will be cotton.
After watching the video several times, taking screen shots, etc.and being a Deere guy, I was convinced that it was NOT a John Deere. However, after adjusting the color levels and doing some comparisons of several brands to be sure, I'm convinced that the tractor is a Deere 7R. What the tractor on the keychain is? I still don't know. Massey? Ford? Generic? Why the silver rims? Diversion? Yellow rims would be a dead giveaway...they might have just as well announced it. Could also be a special edition silver Deere matching the newly released toys. Being Deere's 100th anniversary of building tractors, it would make more sense than ever for this year to be the year. Deere is having two celebrations this year, the first March 19, on the anniversary date and another in mid-late June. Maybe an announcement then?
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ Me and the boys on Discord decided the keychain was an Allis-Chalmers. We also think the tractor is a 7R
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ I hope it is a 7R. That would be sweet!!!!
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
garyst

Post by garyst »

I hope ya'll are right and it is a jd 7r, but I still think it looks like a black valtra to me, guess we will have to wait till summer to find out for sure.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Hubcap wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 pm I know it's a graphics engine....but Giants referring to it as a "Game" Engine. I also heard the rumor of just an updated engine....but thats rumor as Giants is still keeping it under wraps....As for the fella getting a steady 60 FPS at 1440.....you are a rarity ( or you just don't own much equipment and run without any form of mods).....I know lots of people in the game also running high end hardware and they are all experiencing the exact same issue, and have verified that all mods are error free....you say your settings are on high....at 1440? ....you sure? I get an avg of 100+ at 1080....
I own a decent bit of equipment and almost 12GB of mods. I have VSYNC on because if I don't i get a wave effect on the screen. And not just high settings- max settings. Everything is up as high as it goes.

EDIT- Screenshots
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

FordFarmer97 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:38 am ^^ Me and the boys on Discord decided the keychain was an Allis-Chalmers. We also think the tractor is a 7R
I thought maybe Allis Chalmers as well but there are some things that don't connect. The tractor looks less than 50hp. Allis square grill design didn't go below 65 hp (I think). Allis also didn't have lights on the side of the hood with the square grill design.

The best match I thought of is actually a Ford 2000 or 3000.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ The 160 was 40 HP so maybe it was that
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.