Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

W1der

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by W1der »

The field borders must have been setup incorrectly.
I use this mod for my MP games in between gaming sessions ... and so far no issues.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

livesea72 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:20 pm It would be dissapointing if FS got a creation club style mod system similar to fallout 4. Im all for modders getting paid for thier time and effor but FO4 system is not how to do.
I understand your comment, because we hope that this stops well and not for bad
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

I dont mind if graphic stay the same, i only care about gameplay and the story. Yes correct the story.

Right now you can just sell everything and buy the best machines available. Off course you can change everything in xml file, but i want that giants do that. That need to be fixed, so that you can make an actual progress from a poor farmer.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Farming dont need a "story" you make the "story".
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

1992Tadej1992 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm I dont mind if graphic stay the same, i only care about gameplay and the story. Yes correct the story.

Right now you can just sell everything and buy the best machines available. Off course you can change everything in xml file, but i want that giants do that. That need to be fixed, so that you can make an actual progress from a poor farmer.
Imho, if a simulation game is good enough it wouldn't need a stroyline.
And ss FS17 is good simulation game, I think you don't make the most out of it so you feel the need to have a stroyline.
I'm not criticising, I'm just expressing another possibility you might have not considered yet.
BigC92 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:40 am Farming dont need a "story" you make the "story".
Absolutely. Farming is farming. It is life. Doesn't need a stroyline.
PS5 / FS22
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Absolutely my friend.
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Depends on what he means by "story".

For me, whilst I want the game to be an open simulation like it already is, I'd love to see a back story and a more immersive world. Not just a "here's your farm now go play".

Eg, depending on the difficulty you set and what map you've loaded, a message / cutscene saying "Your great uncle passed away and left you his farm ( or forestry business).
From there, the size and condition of the farm, vehicles, animals will vary.
Say on hard, you will have a small run down farm house, one shed, one almost broken ute / pickup truck and a small paddock of sheep (which can eat the grass in the paddock).
From there you must build it up, buy land, build sheds (buy the plans as a hand tool and place it interactively. On easy it will auto-build over time, on hard you must transport the pallets of supplies to the site and use a hammer hand tool on the shaded wireframe model.

At the minute, it's not really a farming simulator, it's a farming game combined with a tractor driving simulator.
Things like interactive ground where constant driving along one track changes the texture from grass to dirt and kills any grass crop (as happens in real life), even digging. Building your farm up, buying land, placing / expanding fences and gates, having random vehicle break downs up to the point it's cheaper to buy a new vehicle. Rain filling up water troughs and / or dams.

When we get that, it will progress from a farming game to a farming simulator.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Actually I think we are getting better "tools" to create our own "story".

In the trailer there is a hint about that you now can buy your farm and hopefully there will be a few to select from.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

FiremanDJ wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 pmAt the minute, it's not really a farming simulator, it's a farming game combined with a tractor driving simulator.
I think that was a bit too unfair. This game is indeed a farming simulator. Yes, it is lacking a lot of essential parts of "simulation" but they are being added along the way.
So, judging farming simulator only with FS17 isn't really fair.
Besides, I really don't think that kind of stroyline addition would give too much of a refresh.
The last thing I would ever want is FS becoming Fallout.
RPG is RPG and Simulation is Simulation. They should stay within their respective grounds.
PS5 / FS22
Lost1nSpace

Post by Lost1nSpace »

Any clue what information we will be getting at FarmCon? System req? More pictures/gameplay video?

For FS17 back in 2016 the gameplay trailer released the 26th july
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

FiremanDJ wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 pm Depends on what he means by "story".

For me, whilst I want the game to be an open simulation like it already is, I'd love to see a back story and a more immersive world. Not just a "here's your farm now go play".

Eg, depending on the difficulty you set and what map you've loaded, a message / cutscene saying "Your great uncle passed away and left you his farm ( or forestry business).
From there, the size and condition of the farm, vehicles, animals will vary.
Say on hard, you will have a small run down farm house, one shed, one almost broken ute / pickup truck and a small paddock of sheep (which can eat the grass in the paddock).
From there you must build it up, buy land, build sheds (buy the plans as a hand tool and place it interactively. On easy it will auto-build over time, on hard you must transport the pallets of supplies to the site and use a hammer hand tool on the shaded wireframe model.

At the minute, it's not really a farming simulator, it's a farming game combined with a tractor driving simulator.
Things like interactive ground where constant driving along one track changes the texture from grass to dirt and kills any grass crop (as happens in real life), even digging. Building your farm up, buying land, placing / expanding fences and gates, having random vehicle break downs up to the point it's cheaper to buy a new vehicle. Rain filling up water troughs and / or dams.

When we get that, it will progress from a farming game to a farming simulator.
Spot on mate.
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Imho FS needs depth. I mean we need longer delivery/manufacture chains etc, so you really do something, not only plant, harvest, sell, plought, cultivate, plant, harvest, sell... It makes game boring fast. If you get more possibilities to use your crops or wood it gives big boost to the game
Nybyggarn

Post by Nybyggarn »

Ragman wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 pm Imho FS needs depth. I mean we need longer delivery/manufacture chains etc, so you really do something, not only plant, harvest, sell, plought, cultivate, plant, harvest, sell... It makes game boring fast. If you get more possibilities to use your crops or wood it gives big boost to the game
Finally i find someone that have the same viewpoint as me on this matter. They can't rely on mods for this game after game (Hose system, more realistic, seasons, etc). They could really use more advanced mechanics for the animals for exampel. Now you just feed and water them and your set for succes, sort of.
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Nybyggarn wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:37 pm
Ragman wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 pm Imho FS needs depth. I mean we need longer delivery/manufacture chains etc, so you really do something, not only plant, harvest, sell, plought, cultivate, plant, harvest, sell... It makes game boring fast. If you get more possibilities to use your crops or wood it gives big boost to the game
Finally i find someone that have the same viewpoint as me on this matter. They can't rely on mods for this game after game (Hose system, more realistic, seasons, etc). They could really use more advanced mechanics for the animals for exampel. Now you just feed and water them and your set for succes, sort of.
Yeah thats why i bought straw addon but not the dlc, because it gives more to do than one new map and one crop.
Marhu mods are great to add more to the game. But yea its should be giants job to add it to the game not only modders.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

:hi: It has a good point here, and I would like the giants to take some of that and all the others like adding factories to sell your product from crops and at the same time products from the factory but as a mod if not as part of the already integrated game
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer: