Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Goose66

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Goose66 »

Can understand everyone wanting new brands but what happens when certain models of tractor and equipment of a new brand are not in the game ? Then it becomes where is this, where is that. You have the license and so on.
I hope JD and more does come for the consoles but don't want to see the forums slating Giants because a certain jd tractor or plough or sprayer isn't included in the line.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Yes, there is that too.
Even if JD comes or any other brand, people will still find something to complain about it.
PS5 / FS22
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:57 am

That would completely depend on the individual. Don't underestimate brand power when it comes to those who have grown up farming with a certain brand of equipment. Passions run deep...really deep. While there is no real advantage to one brand over another in the FS game, being able to play with a brand of choice does matter. It's like watching a sporting event when your favorite team isn't playing, can be enjoyable but the passion is missing.

You could always do what I did recently and bite the bullet and get a PC. Coming from console you've really no idea just how much of FS you're missing out on until you play it on PC. Its almost a different game. If you love FS and really want JD then its definitely worth doing. I've not regretted taking the leap.
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Kamoore65536 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:07 am All the speculation is ok, but what I want to know is when can we pre order?
I can't answer that, but based on experience, I'd say around E3 ish? (so June)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Any pre-order bonus Lis? For all platforms or only for PC?
PS5 / FS22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

What about the slots on consoles?
kane1973

Post by kane1973 »

FarmingRemasterd wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:14 am that is a good question. I'm on console so it doesn't apply to me. good question though
You can pre order on consoles too
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

RODHA wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:42 am Any pre-order bonus Lis? For all platforms or only for PC?
Dude that's so far away, I don't think anyone in this office has started thinking about that :D
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

:hmm: junkie here :biggrin2: I do think a lot about FS... Too much it seems :mrgreen:
PS5 / FS22
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Mobias wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 am
You could always do what I did recently and bite the bullet and get a PC. Coming from console you've really no idea just how much of FS you're missing out on until you play it on PC. Its almost a different game. If you love FS and really want JD then its definitely worth doing. I've not regretted taking the leap.
Yeah, I'm not going to buy a PC for gaming. Even if I did buy a PC, I would stay on the console. I did the PC gaming thing when I was a kid and it's nothing but a money pit. Never ending hardware and software updates, crashes and other problems. I have enough headaches with my PC at work. That's the reason I go to the console...fire it up and play. My biggest issue is keeping my controller charged.
Nigelbilt

Post by Nigelbilt »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:07 am Can understand everyone wanting new brands but what happens when certain models of tractor and equipment of a new brand are not in the game ? Then it becomes where is this, where is that. You have the license and so on.
I hope JD and more does come for the consoles but don't want to see the forums slating Giants because a certain jd tractor or plough or sprayer isn't included in the line.
I mean, that’s how it is now. That’s how it will always be whether any given brand is included or not.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

May be Giants would start their "designed in house" lizard machinery along with brands.
They might have a serious potential on mod requests.
PS5 / FS22
Robbh6

Post by Robbh6 »

Mobias wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 amYou could always do what I did recently and bite the bullet and get a PC. Coming from console you've really no idea just how much of FS you're missing out on until you play it on PC. Its almost a different game. If you love FS and really want JD then its definitely worth doing. I've not regretted taking the leap.
Kind of have to agree with this..... Although wasn't all that fussed about Deere. But was more interested in courseplay, GPS, and the more realistic mod than anything. And the fact I've stumbled into modding.

I've just completed my build and had my first couple of hours on FS17 last night on my new PC.

It's safe to say I won't be going back to console. :coolnew:

Loaded up The West Coast first of all as it's currently the only map I play on Xbox and the difference is quite amazing.

Then went straight onto Oakfield. Along with some Deere and Claas mods. And actually had to ask myself why I didn't make the switch sooner. :lol:

GPS is awesome. More realistic is, well, more realistic but epic!
Courseplay is going to take some practice though however. Not as simple as it looks in those YouTube videos. :blushnew:

Anyway! Roll on FS19! :biggrin2: Really wish we could know more now the hype is real!
PC MasterRace
- Mostly farming on the incredible Lone Oak Farm.

SPECS-
Intel i7-8086k @ 5.2GHz (1.32v)
16GB teamgroup ram @4000Mhz
Gigabyte FE GTX 1080 @ 2152core/2778memory
Asus maximus hero X mobo
Intel 760p Nvme 512GB SSD
1TB SSD
Custom Waterloop.
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

Mobias wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 am You could always do what I did recently and bite the bullet and get a PC. Coming from console you've really no idea just how much of FS you're missing out on until you play it on PC. Its almost a different game. If you love FS and really want JD then its definitely worth doing. I've not regretted taking the leap.
And I'm here who came from PC to console lol :biggrin2:
Only things that I miss from the PC is gps and follow me. That's it... :biggrin2:
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:35 pm
Yeah, I'm not going to buy a PC for gaming. Even if I did buy a PC, I would stay on the console. I did the PC gaming thing when I was a kid and it's nothing but a money pit. Never ending hardware and software updates, crashes and other problems. I have enough headaches with my PC at work. That's the reason I go to the console...fire it up and play. My biggest issue is keeping my controller charged.
PC's have come a long way in recent years though, in terms of reliability and ease of use. If you spend a decent amount of money for a good machine early on then it should do you for a good long while. Console's are fine, I'm still a console gamer most of the time, but there's some games like FS which will always have their natural home on PC. If FS-19 closes the gap between the console and PC versions of the game then that'll obviously be great all round.
Robbh6 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 pm
Courseplay is going to take some practice though however. Not as simple as it looks in those YouTube videos. :blushnew:

Getting Courseplay up and running well without any issues in FS is a whole game unto itself lol. I know loads of people on console want courseplay in FS-19 but its not until you start using it that you realise what a complex and quite often frustrating mod it is. My hat goes off to whoever made it, its an amazing mod that like Seasons totally changes how you play the game, but it can be very random. I really don't know how it can be made to work on console.