Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Boddi

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Boddi »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:11 pm "Not all of the FS17 DLC vehicles and equipment will carry over to FS19.
The new vehicle count is now at 38 (per 19th of February 2018 – Source)"
Hi DeereJason :hi:

The first point, about FS17 DLC, was picked up from an interview Martin (Amboss) and Jos (Rahkiin) did with YouTube channel "Burning Gamers". Around 10:30 they start talking about DLCs, both third party and Giants own.

The second point, about the vehicle roster, was from an Playstation Lifestyle story, written after Focus Home Interactive's "What's Next" Event in Paris, back in February. That one line I wrote, is admittedly a bit out of context. Here's the full paragraph:
During the presentation, we were told Farming Simulator 19 currently has 38 new vehicles. This number may even grow by the time the launch date arrives, but still, to have over three dozen new vehicles to choose from is quite a large number, especially when you add it to an already impressive stable.
Hope this helps :smileynew:
garyst

Post by garyst »

Curious about how the slot system will work with the new multiplayer on console. Will the slot count be devided between how many ever players are playing?, Or will each player get the full slot count?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Boddi wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm
Thanks. Being that this was back in February, I sort of assumed that number was very preliminary. I was sort of hunting for a little more clarification on terminology and maybe some verification.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am
BigC92 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 am I like the idea of having to buy plots of land instead of buying fields, meaning you have more fields to work in instead of 1 at a time, i just wonder how big the buyable plots of land is? I know its gonna be super expensive, also i wonder how much money we will have when starting a farm with nothing on it, that's gonna be a challenge, what to buy ECT, ECT... But maybe in the near future some can shed some light on that subject.
Let's see if I can help.

First: How huge a plot of land (we call it farmland here) is, depends on the map and what the modder (or we) intended. There might be huge plots and small plots on a map ect.

As for the build stuff
Current version:

Easy Mode: You have everything build up for you
Normal mode: You have nothing but a huge amount of cash and can build your own farm
Hard: You have nothing and veeeeery little cash.

(it won't be easy/normal/hard but I don't know the new names, yet)
Do you have to own the land to cut the trees?
Are there dedicated areas on the maps for cutting trees without buying the land?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
hockeyjim07

Post by hockeyjim07 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 pm
Do you have to own the land to cut the trees?
Are there dedicated areas on the maps for cutting trees without buying the land?
I do hope you have to own land to cut trees down. and I also hope there is a dedicated area for foresting that you either have to lease or buy in order to cut down trees
W1der

Post by W1der »

Cutting down trees as missions ... how ´bout that? :smileynew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

DeereJason wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:09 pm I was sort of hunting for a little more clarification on terminology and maybe some verification.
Thanks DeereJason - About terminology…

I believe the total vehicle roster (vehicles being tractors, trucks, loaders, forwarders and harvesters) grew with around 30 additions from FS15 to FS17, when including FS15 and FS17 DLCs.

So, it’s not far fetched to think that we’ll get 38 new steerables, on wheels or tracks, in FS19. 38 (or more) new vehicles could bring the total vehicle count close to 100 in FS19. That would be extremely impressive 😊 This is, of course, just me speculating.

Personally, I hope to see a Versatile Deltatrack in the game at some point. I think it’s one of the world’s most beautiful tractors, close to NH’s T8s and Quadtracs.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

i agree boddi im lucky enough to have a versatile dealer on my way to work and cant help but look at all the shiny new toys sitting there lol
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Boddi wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm
Thanks for the video...but not being in English is limiting.

When I look at the term "vehicle" I look back to the breakdown shown on the FS17 data page...

https://www.farming-simulator.com/about ... latform=pc

As is listed there, "Vehicles", "harvesters", "equipment", etc.

What is shared in conversation is likely different than what is going to be shown in an official game breakdown. Not being able to reference the source conversation does leave the context to be subjective.

I guess we'll know a few months from now.
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

jamesadams933 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm i agree boddi im lucky enough to have a versatile dealer on my way to work and cant help but look at all the shiny new toys sitting there lol
Wish I had a commute like yours :biggrin2:
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

i also get to see a few challengers sitting at the Massey dealer, although ive only seen two farmers around here using them, one is right next to the dealer so go figure lol
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

The Challengers are nice, as well. I actually think the 1000 Series looks better in yellow than in its original green, red and black... (And that's coming from an European :blushnew: )

I'm a big fan of large farming equipment. Since I live in Norway I never really get to see the big stuff. Most fields are too small... Well, there are some JD 8Rs around here. And Fendt 900s. But they are often used for road construction work and things like that.

Sweden, and especially Denmark, is a different story, I guess. I've seen both Quadtracs and T9s in both countries. Nice :biggrin2:

Anyways... I'm really excited to find out what big toys FS19 brings us.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

ive seen quadtracs here, those and versatile are the only articulated tractors ive actually seen being used, theres a bunch of rogators close to where i live, its hard to actually imagine the size of those machines until you have to pass one driving down the road lol, and me to i hope we see claas and versatile as dlc for 19 as well that would be great
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am
BigC92 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:20 am I like the idea of having to buy plots of land instead of buying fields, meaning you have more fields to work in instead of 1 at a time, i just wonder how big the buyable plots of land is? I know its gonna be super expensive, also i wonder how much money we will have when starting a farm with nothing on it, that's gonna be a challenge, what to buy ECT, ECT... But maybe in the near future some can shed some light on that subject.
Let's see if I can help.

First: How huge a plot of land (we call it farmland here) is, depends on the map and what the modder (or we) intended. There might be huge plots and small plots on a map ect.

As for the build stuff
Current version:

Easy Mode: You have everything build up for you
Normal mode: You have nothing but a huge amount of cash and can build your own farm
Hard: You have nothing and veeeeery little cash.

(it won't be easy/normal/hard but I don't know the new names, yet)
Uhh huh, i always play on normal, this will be interesting to see the maps, i watched YouTube videos on the Platinum Edition map, it looks pretty cool, there looks like theres some play room there, unless you guys change it up, hope im not irritating you with these questions, just trying to get more insight on the confirmed features is all.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

That's a good YouTube Roleplaying.