Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Mobias

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Mobias »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:07 pm Don't think too much about the things in the trailer. Sounds harsh, but keep in mind it is a marketing trailer after all. ;)

The dog however, is in there for a reason

It is a teaser trailer, there is a longer and even cooler version of it, but we will show this thing waaaaaaaay later. Like.. months from now.

Just quoting Lisertan's post from a few pages back. Doesn't sound like the trailer is meant to be heavily looked into for references and subtle clues. Clearly there's more to be shown though.
Highsider

Post by Highsider »

So, the hyping can begin :)
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Will the game actually look like the one in the trailer? I highly doubt that. :-(
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

Kelpchip wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:22 am Can you leak any of the new brands
Not if I want to keep my job.. and I want to keep my job :D

Nah let's have some real talk here:

There are some things that are pretty much set in stone when it comes to brands for FS19, there are also brands we are still in the talks with. We will announce them at a later date (for some of them it might be very late).

Same goes for more features and stuff. I know you guys would love to know more about the game, but I don't have much to say right now. Let me give you a short overview about why (a very simplified version, but yeah).

So there is the feature list in our office OK? It's a list where a lot of people have added things they want for FS19. It's a looooong list. I, myself, added the stuff from our FS19 forum threads, as I'm your voice in our company, that's what I'm here for.

Of course they are sorted by priority. Starting at the top, our bosses will take the features and assign them to teams (or people will point at one and say: I can do that!)
Then we start developing them.
Sometimes they work, sometimes they work more or less and sometimes they don't.
Once they are done, we work down the priority path.

So that means, at this stage in development, not all features have been decided. Sure that was a VERY simplified version of how it's actually happening (and priorities get shifted around, sometimes low prioroty things are so easy to do that they get done anyway ect ect so yeah.. very very simplified), but that's how every game in the world gets developed :D (more or less).

So once we have stuff we can talk about, we will.

There is one more layer: Marketing. Let's give a simple example here: This trailer.

As you might imagine, creating a trailer like this is expensive. Even IF I had things to announce right now, I wouldn't, as the focus this week is clearly the trailer and the FS19 announcement, otherwise marketing would kill me (and that's easy for them, I'm part of the team so they sit around me). Some announcements need a good timing.

A prime example in the gaming sector is E3 in June. That's where all major game companies announce things like new games ect. Do you wonder if there will be a new Elder Scrolls game? E3 will tell you. Ever thought about EA and what their next Star Wars game could be? Keep an eye on E3 ... ect. That's pure marketing and sure, our company is no different, sometimes things are not announced for marketing reasons.

As of now, however, most things are not announced because we are still in early development :)
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

What about mod maps? Are current mod maps likely to need a complete new creation from the ground up due to the uprated engine, or might a reasonably simple update be possible by mapmakers, to get an FS17map running in FS19? Any idea on this at this early stage, thanks?
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

masseyharris wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:50 am What about mod maps? Are current mod maps likely to need a complete new creation from the ground up due to the uprated engine, or might a reasonably simple update be possible by mapmakers, to get an FS17map running in FS19? Any idea on this at this early stage, thanks?
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert!

From what I understand: No, no complete recreation, however they will need some work. We will talk in detail about how to create/transform mods for FS19 at FarmCon this summer, so we will have more details by then.
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
NickP

Post by NickP »

Hope to see the Krone Big X Cargo back!
Psn Group: Farming Simulator Community [NL-BE]
Facebook Group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/686589408376339
gogoci41

Post by gogoci41 »

Halo Lisertan.
I have one question for you.
Is it possible to make for Farming Simulator 19 an older versions of combines and tractors? I love new models but I also want to have older version of combine and tractors.
Example:
Now we have
New Holland CR 10.90;
Case IH Axial-Flow 9230.
Can you also make other models.
Something like this.
New Holland CR 9090; New Holland CX; Case IH 9230 (Older versions of cabins); Case IH 8010; Or older versions of Case IH Magnum, New Holland TG.
I know I'm looking for a bit too much but if you already making a new version of FS then I'd love to see this too.
If possible, of course.
Thank you.
Goran
zildjian45

Post by zildjian45 »

sittinhere wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:43 pm Got a few questions.

How will the mod support be? Will mod support be more “open” when it comes to consoles? I think just need to have separate modhubs for consoles due to the capabilities on Xbox vs the limitations on PS4. That’s right, I’m talking about you, scripts...

Will the maps be more open as in we make our own fields? Hoping the AI becomes a bit smarter. I’m guessing certain mods in fs17 like seasons will be built into the base game?

Lastly, who can I ask to be on the marketing team for YouTube :D
No features known at this time. Probably will be very good details and graphics
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

masseyharris wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:50 am What about mod maps? Are current mod maps likely to need a complete new creation from the ground up due to the uprated engine, or might a reasonably simple update be possible by mapmakers, to get an FS17map running in FS19? Any idea on this at this early stage, thanks?
I would love to know this too, I would assume probably but I could be wrong
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

BreadedVirus wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 am
Smith Modding wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:21 pm OHHHHH MY GOOOODNNEESSSSS AGHHHH IM NERDING OUT AT SCHOOL :lol: but seriously Giants I can not fricking waaaaait. So I know y'all don't have requirements yet but I do hope that I can run the game on max settings. I can now with about 80-85% Gpu usage so fingers crossed
For some reason i keep worrying that the i5 7400 and RX580 will be sufficient to run FS 19 on high settings. First time PC owner, so no clue on whats what and whats not....
You'll be good, that set up is better than mine so you'll be a okay
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I can't wait for more information. This new version is already looking and sounding awesome.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:18 am FS19
Thank You for all the info Lisertan really looking forward to playing FS19 and can you tell everyone at giants Thank You for me. and have a great day. Thanks
W1der

Post by W1der »

I just tried one of the competitors crappy excuse of a farming simulator ... which made me depressed!
Now I see this ... and I am happy again ... :mrgreen: *thumbsup*

Just one question ...
What graphics card will I need to buy to get the most out of this?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:45 am As of now, however, most things are not announced because we are still in early development :)
Thanks Lisertan.

Game is a ways off but the barrage of detailed and specific questions, that have no answer *yet*, rolls in anyway.

I know folks are excited, I just hope our voices to you can stay civil in the meantime.
Farming on PS5