Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Denhalen

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Denhalen »

BreadedVirus wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 am A must have in FS19 is Chopped Straw For Harvesters. The mod is great, but I feel it's anything thing that should be in the base game.
Don't forget manure and slurry visible on a field, until you either cultivate/plow/seed it or next growth state. Same for solid fertilizer.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Farmer_S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:33 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 am A must have in FS19 is Chopped Straw For Harvesters. The mod is great, but I feel it's anything thing that should be in the base game.
I completely agree. I can't even play a map now without chopped straw....
Agreed that the mod is very well done and looks awesome. My only gripe with it is that, in real life, leaving the chopped straw on the field doesn't really add nutrients per se; rather it leaves you with the nutrients that you expect to be there. Chopping or spreading or working the straw back in (depending what part of the world you are in and how the weather and soil dictate your tillage) is the base condition, and in-game really you should still need the standard 1 or 3 more fertilizations in addition to leaving the straw, depending on your settings. Removing the straw in real life, however, takes away the nutrients in the straw, which must eventually be replaced somehow (many livestock producers for example in real life do this by spreading manure back each year on the ground where they took the straw off from the previous crop). So in-game this would be more realistically reflected by fields with straw removed requiring an additional fertilization state compared to fields with chopped straw.

As it works now the chopped straw mod just gives you a free fertilization pass. But it does look really really good. Particularly compared to the sickly wonky default stubble textures :lol:
TedGlenn

Post by TedGlenn »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:04 pm
Farmer_S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:33 pm
I completely agree. I can't even play a map now without chopped straw....
Agreed that the mod is very well done and looks awesome. My only gripe with it is that, in real life, leaving the chopped straw on the field doesn't really add nutrients per se; rather it leaves you with the nutrients that you expect to be there. Chopping or spreading or working the straw back in (depending what part of the world you are in and how the weather and soil dictate your tillage) is the base condition, and in-game really you should still need the standard 1 or 3 more fertilizations in addition to leaving the straw, depending on your settings. Removing the straw in real life, however, takes away the nutrients in the straw, which must eventually be replaced somehow (many livestock producers for example in real life do this by spreading manure back each year on the ground where they took the straw off from the previous crop). So in-game this would be more realistically reflected by fields with straw removed requiring an additional fertilization state compared to fields with chopped straw.

I second that DirectCedar, those are my views on the chopped straw mod too, maybe removing straw ingame from a field would decrease the following yield 10% would be good
I'm on the right tractor baby,
I was born red and grey!
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

RODHA wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:55 am
Bhcc wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:53 am I hope for lightning, thunder also if outside,
Great idea mate :hi:
A thunder sound and lightning effect would be incredible.
I’m a weather geek. If there is a storm a few counties away, and I can see it, I will.
mce911fr

Post by mce911fr »

Bhcc wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:46 am
Bhcc wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:53 am I hope for lightning, thunder also if outside,
I’m a weather geek. If there is a storm a few counties away, and I can see it, I will.
+1
Farmerf

Post by Farmerf »

thunder and lightning would be pretty cool
God needed a caretaker so He created the farmer
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

and no rain in buildings... would be even cooler

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Farmerf

Post by Farmerf »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:47 pm and no rain in buildings... would be even cooler
dont forget
machinery and vehicles
God needed a caretaker so He created the farmer
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

The red and white slow moving vehicle placards.... Maybe make those optional or have them as a customizable; select between them or the US style slow moving triangle like BSM went with. At least on the tractors.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I would agree that if they changed to the red/white placards to where you could choice between those the hazard triangle or the orange beacons I see here in the states would be nice so as to help you feel at home where you farm whether it’s here in Europe or anywhere you may farm
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

mce911fr wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:03 pm
Bhcc wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:46 am
+1
The best time is in the evening when it is light enough to see the cloud but dark enough to see lightning in the distance. I can and will be having a ball. I have grabbed a yard chair and sat just watching. :mrgreen:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

You can take the person out of the trailer park,but you cant take the trailer park out of the person.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 pm You can take the person out of the trailer park,but you cant take the trailer park out of the person.
:hmm:
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:41 pm You can take the person out of the trailer park,but you cant take the trailer park out of the person.
Don't even have a slight clue on the meaining of that saying :biggrin2:
I'm really curious. What does it mean?
PS5 / FS22
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 am
Don't even have a slight clue on the meaining of that saying :biggrin2:
I'm really curious. What does it mean?
IDK LOL. it means when the tornado sirens are going off we are sitting out front in a rocker or in a lawn chair,maybe some old car seats,(unless you can persuade your friends to chase the storm with you),sipping on some sweet tea or enjoying your adult beverage of choice,smoking a doobie,rocking some Black Sabbath,waiting on grannys laundry to blow away off the line,because if the tornado hits you,youre dead anyways,I wanna see that *censored* coming to get me
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .