Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

BigC92

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by BigC92 »

Trains in game are awesome and useful for certain things, but trains IRL are annoying as Heck, i would know, i still live by them for over 15 years...
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

Skunkworks wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:03 am I am disappointed to see that the harvested fields still look as sparse as before.

I hope they can be improved.
I meant this

https://focusedcollection.com/162999620 ... field.html

I love the game don't get me wrong. Just hope that these type of textures could also improve for different crop types.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yea, I really hope that variations in ground level will be more visual in FS19 ...

When you are close to or in the middle of a field, it does look a lot flatter than it really is.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:53 amIm not saying theres anything wrong with the train system as is, but he seemed more like he wanted a much more complex system. i.e. railway simulator
Well, switches would be nice. Imagine: a big map with a dead end track ending at a big cereal farm or lumber business. Once full you head down the track and the switch lets you go onto maintracks to reach harbour or pulpplant or whatever. I see the sense of it having been added, even if for long run development.
Skunkworks wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 amI meant this

https://focusedcollection.com/162999620 ... field.html

I love the game don't get me wrong. Just hope that these type of textures could also improve for different crop types.
I am sure it is possible but they will need to get the right performance out of it. What I like less is stubble cut off stalks moving in a wind that doesn't affect driving one bit. I only see stubbles move in gale like winds.

One week until we should see ingame footage, right? I'll even accept footage showing ugly yellow rimmed vehicles. :lol:
W1der wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:40 amYea, I really hope that variations in ground level will be more visual in FS19 ...

When you are close to or in the middle of a field, it does look a lot flatter than it really is.
Again depends a lot on the way the textures work. Plowed fields are all fake 3D done with textures.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
W1der

Post by W1der »

GIANTS ...

It would be really awesome if YOU could provide an error free "starter map" for us ones FS19 is released.
Would be really helpful for anyone that wants to get their "hands dirty" with the editor and create their own map! *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

W1der wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:46 pm GIANTS ...

It would be really awesome if YOU could provide an error free "starter map" for us ones FS19 is released.
Would be really helpful for anyone that wants to get their "hands dirty" with the editor and create their own map! *thumbsup*
I second this for the wish list :biggrin2:
JoaoRabit

Post by JoaoRabit »

W1der wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:46 pm GIANTS ...

What do you mean by "error free starter map"?
W1der

Post by W1der »

A "starter map" is basically a "blank" map for someone to open in the editor and start creating their own landscape.

Usually it also contains the basic features like traffic splines, "animals" etc ...

I know that GIANTS offer an editable version of the stock maps with the editor ... but it would be a lot easier if there was only 1 of each object (grouped by type) placed beside the map in the editor to be easily found and used.

Instead of having to import stuff to an empty map (which is a lot of work and comes with a risk of making errors in the process), one could just move / duplicate the original content according to ones liking ... *thumbsup*
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

Boddi wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:26 am Aaaah! … Pong! Thanks Lefe1, for bringing back sweet childhood memories. I was the “King of Pong” in my neighborhood… Actually it’s only us gamers, born in the 1970’s, that should be allowed to criticize games. We’re the only ones who have seen it all :biggrin2:
Does that mean I, born in the 60's, should not be allowed to criticize also? Ha
Steam: GIJoe597
Retiree who enjoys video games.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

W1der wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:36 pm A "starter map" is basically a "blank" map for someone to open in the editor and start creating their own landscape.

Usually it also contains the basic features like traffic splines, "animals" etc ...

I know that GIANTS offer an editable version of the stock maps with the editor ... but it would be a lot easier if there was only 1 of each object (grouped by type) placed beside the map in the editor to be easily found and used.

Instead of having to import stuff to an empty map (which is a lot of work and comes with a risk of making errors in the process), one could just move / duplicate the original content according to ones liking ... *thumbsup*
A game i use of play didn't have that persay, but there was a blank map where you could download the blank map and place/make buildings, rivers, jumps ECT ECT. It'd be a great idea imo.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Just got a couple of questions about Fs19 MP, now do we get to work as a team or is it a competitive thing? And when we pick out our map we want to play on, does the game host pick out the section of land, or do we do it as a separate team? If that makes sense? It just popped up in my head.
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

GIJoe597 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:47 pm
Boddi wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:26 am Aaaah! … Pong! Thanks Lefe1, for bringing back sweet childhood memories. I was the “King of Pong” in my neighborhood… Actually it’s only us gamers, born in the 1970’s, that should be allowed to criticize games. We’re the only ones who have seen it all :biggrin2:
Does that mean I, born in the 60's, should not be allowed to criticize also? Ha
Sorry for the ageism. You would be an even higher, ranked critic :biggrin2:
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I only spotted now that the front grill in the nose of the JD is meshed so you can spot the engine. That is amazingly detail.

I wonder if all machines will be on par in regards to the detail.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

^ I'd assume so.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

some of the older might only have been partially upgraded, but the newer stuff should have that

As they did not alter the traffic = when will a modder create a Traffic Adjustment Mod, where one can speed them up etc? Surely that must be possible to mod?
MC, aka Master of Cereals