Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

BigC92

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by BigC92 »

I think so too RODHA.
Darthbomb

Post by Darthbomb »

cmusic52 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:32 pm I do hope there's cats as well as every farm needs to have some cats, to keep the mice population down. I can't wait to see the new North American map as it sounds like there making a new one, I'm kind of curious what the European map will look like as well, I just wish John Deere would stop being soo behind the times and join the game officially
I also hope they add things like deer and birds to the game for more realism
s7davis

Post by s7davis »

Darthbomb wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 am
cmusic52 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:32 pm I do hope there's cats as well as every farm needs to have some cats, to keep the mice population down. I can't wait to see the new North American map as it sounds like there making a new one, I'm kind of curious what the European map will look like as well, I just wish John Deere would stop being soo behind the times and join the game officially
I also hope they add things like deer and birds to the game for more realism
I heard from someone that went to E3 and the devs did say birds are in game and some will follow your seeder
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yes there will be wildlife in the game, as to what animals, im not sure but birds are one of them.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Yeah birds came up in the anniversary video giants did, right at the end. Apparently it was in game footage! viewtopic.php?f=876&t=125137
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

Gameplay

The dog was confirmed, but not shown.
Cotton and oats are the two new crop types.
Time warp now goes up to 2000X instead of the 120X limit [this was only in the dev version apparently]
The shop now has 3D previews of machinery. You can change the configuration and see what it will look like. You can also move the camera and zoom.
The interiors of machines have new animations. Your character will manipulate the steering wheel, gas & brake pedals as you drive. This can be seen from outside the machines as well. The seats on the tractor they showed also had an animated suspension.
Weed control is now a separate system in the game. Weeds are visible and get pulled out by the weeder rather than the weeder just adding to the fertilization level.
Forestry is still in the game. The crane controls on the scorpion king have been changed to easier.
Crop destruction is part of the base game now instead of a mod.
Horses in the game will be rideable. It also sounds like they won’t all be the same and there will be a cap on how many you can have.
[edit]

Looks like the 2000X was just in the development version of the game (thanks /u/Rahkiin_RM)
I forgot to ask if the framerate will still be locked
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

Graphics

PBR (physically based rendering) is being used
There is a depth of field effect to blur distant objects a bit
Voxel based clouds with dynamic weather (we only saw sunny mid-day)
Birds have been added and sometimes follow your seeder. This is an immersive addition and doesn’t actually affect gameplay.
Crops now react to machines when you drive over them with things like weeders. It looked like textures were being warped rather than individual stocks modelled.
The user interface has been redesigned. It’s much like the current one, but with more transparent HUD windows and updated menus.
W1der

Post by W1der »

"The crane controls on the scorpion king have been changed to easier." ... :neutralnew:

It´s not really difficult to operate it if you have the patience to learn!
The way it is controlled now is what makes it fun to use ... *thumbsup*

I hope there is an option for this to keep it "realistic" !? ... :this:
If not ... be prepared to be bashed about this upon release of the game ... :mrgreen:

"Crop destruction is part of the base game now instead of a mod."
This can hopefully be turned off (or "trolls" will have a lot of fun ruining crops in MP).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

W1der wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm "The crane controls on the scorpion king have been changed to easier." ... :neutralnew:

It´s not really difficult to operate it if you have the patience to learn!
The way it is controlled now is what makes it fun to use ... *thumbsup*

I hope there is an option for this to keep it "realistic" !? ... :this:
If not ... be prepared to be bashed about this upon release of the game ... :mrgreen:

"Crop destruction is part of the base game now instead of a mod."
This can hopefully be turned off (or "trolls" will have a lot of fun ruining crops in MP).
Crop destruction will be able to be turned off according to the reddit post
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Isn't all the 4real modules going to be in 19?
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Giants is usually good about making things like crop destruction fertilizing what not togable so as to allow us to make the game more flexible and fit how anyone wants to play I hope they keep this because I hated the tire dirt mod just moving the machine from the washer to the shed and the tires would get dirt all over them again
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I'm not going to make this about "Deere" per say, but one thing I was wondering about was the controls for the tree harvester if their's were in the game. The reason being their advanced control system controls the location of the harvesting head...and the machine automatically knows to extend the arm and manipulate the boom and stick.. I think swing may be a different control. This COULD be a reason for the change...

Edit: This was for the forwarder boom controls. I thought there was something for the harvester as well, but I'll have to look further...

Link
https://youtu.be/h4BfuUVgnB4

Harvester link
https://youtu.be/PUX3v51k5DQ
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Is there going to be JD forestry equipment in 19?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:20 am Is there going to be JD forestry equipment in 19?
As of right now, there is no way to know. I was just making an educated guess as to a possible reason for the potential change in forestry controls.

I really dont want to derail the conversation about the updates...I was merely speculating on the controls themselves. I think there already plenty of threads dealing with the big green monster...lol
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Oh yeah, no doubt.