Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

DeereJason

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by DeereJason »

Bootdancer47 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 am When I farmed and had a few pigs, I fed them my cull potatoes as an extra food source when I had them.
Oh, I'm not saying they don't get fed potatoes. Just like any farm animal, it depends on what is available. I know of guys feeding chocolate scraps to dairy cows as well as vegetables cuttings. Here in the US, feeding beet byproduct molasses with a mineral *** is very popular.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I feel like a kid in a candy store right now, we’re getting John Deere in hand and cotton holy freakin cow I can’t believe this is actually happening, someone hit me with the flat side of an axe to wake me up from this amazing dream
Samira

Post by Samira »

Gimli54 if i would try to hit you with the flat side of an axe... i would accidently cut off your head with my 2 left hands :D
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 am ^^ no worries, they will figure out how to digest hay and I believe they can also figure out a way to sh... corn after eating hay so that they can also eat that corn :biggrin2: :biggrin2:
you know that where pigs take a doodoo that wild corn plants sometimes sprout out?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Gimli54 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:09 am I feel like a kid in a candy store right now, we’re getting John Deere in hand and cotton holy freakin cow I can’t believe this is actually happening, someone hit me with the flat side of an axe to wake me up from this amazing dream
I wanna be first to hit ya, only kidding, i had to make sure i was awake to, rub my eyes, everything, nothing changed, lol.
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Great news indeed in regards of JD.
But truly im intrested on:
-do consoles will get dedicated servers for true multiplayer gameplay?
-do default map size would be expanded to x4 across all platforms or it will stick only to x2?
-is slot system and mods cap memory on cansoles will be expanded?
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ those are really important points *thumbsup*
but imo all of them will be big round NO.
because dedicated servers means truck load of money.
And Giants will probably keep general specs bound to the lowest hardware setup which happens to be consoles. so, I don't think 4x4 km maps will be possible.
the same goes for slot system and mod space.
PS5 / FS22
Irish farmer 91

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

Just saw a vicon round baler that would be brilliant to have in game. It's non stop baling and wrapping combo

https://youtu.be/_kT9_OeM9fI
Playing on Ps4
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

A dedicated server option does not mean Giants need to host or pay for the upkeep of the server.
Provide the server software free of charge and allow others to install it on their servers (either home servers, or hosting company servers they rent).
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Still additional costs.
PS5 / FS22
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Is it even possible to hire dedicated servers for console, as a gamer? (Actually wondering about this)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Can't say for FS17, however a server is nothing more then an internet connected computer running a program.

It doesn't need to be the same software that the game is running, technically it doesn't even need to have all the maps, mods etc installed.
It just needs to have a list of what map and mods are in use and the current game data (such as field states, vehicle positions etc. The same stuff stored in your save game, only updated live).

FS17 could also technically be made cross-platform if certain conditions are met. Such as using console ready maps and no PC/Mac only global mods. PC/Mac only vehicle mods could have a XML tag in them to allowed them to be installed on consoles, but not driven. Allowing PC/Mac users to drive them and consoles to see them. The console users could then help out on the server using console ready vehicles.

I remember back in the day when a multiplayer game was made, the dedicated server was made available to everyone to download for free. Normally only 10-20mb for the dedicated server vs 500-3000mb for the game.
None of this buying the game twice just to run a dedicated server.
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

FiremanDJ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:56 am Can't say for FS17, however a server is nothing more then an internet connected computer running a program.

It doesn't need to be the same software that the game is running, technically it doesn't even need to have all the maps, mods etc installed.
It just needs to have a list of what map and mods are in use and the current game data (such as field states, vehicle positions etc. The same stuff stored in your save game, only updated live).

FS17 could also technically be made cross-platform if certain conditions are met. Such as using console ready maps and no PC/Mac only global mods. PC/Mac only vehicle mods could have a XML tag in them to allowed them to be installed on consoles, but not driven. Allowing PC/Mac users to drive them and consoles to see them. The console users could then help out on the server using console ready vehicles.

I remember back in the day when a multiplayer game was made, the dedicated server was made available to everyone to download for free. Normally only 10-20mb for the dedicated server vs 500-3000mb for the game.
None of this buying the game twice just to run a dedicated server.
As I type this please understand that I'm a diehard Playstation fan...... When it comes to cross platform play Sony *censored*, that have already said they simply won't do it. What I don't understand is why the Xbox dont do it with FS17
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I like it the way it is, Ps plays with Ps ect ect.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Cross platform multiplayer is just a huge pain in the back technically. I don't think it will ever become something big enough to invest on.
PS5 / FS22