Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Bensterr

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Bensterr »

TobiHH wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm I think the answer was already given. You have to own the land to cut down a tree. If it`s not your land, you can`t do it.
Yes. So thats a concern :-)
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Would like to set single trees by hand to grow / without machines / not as a placeable
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:02 pm Would like to set single trees by hand to grow / without machines / not as a placeable
Oh, no! My childhood trauma comes back to haunt me :frown: (I used to do tree planting as a kid for many summers. I believe Iv'e hand planted many hundreds, if not thousands, of trees...) :wink3:

It's a great idea, though. Will make the game even more realistic.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Do you know, you should be very poud, to plant trees, because we need trees IRL. Thank you!
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ True but hand planting a couple of hundred trees is a torture.
Had to do it while serving at the military. They actually use this as a disciplinary exercise.
PS5 / FS22
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

ltl.vamp wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 pm Do you know, you should be very poud, to plant trees, because we need trees IRL. Thank you!
Thanks :) And true! We need more trees. Where I live, you are not allowed to harvest forests without a plan for re-planting *thumbsup*
W1der

Post by W1der »

Where I live ... we are not allowed to use forest machinery (at the moment) cause big parts of the country is already on fire cause of heat and no rain.

I know some people would go "crazy" if GIANTS added fire and fire fighting equipment in the game ... :lol:
But I probably would not want that in the game ... could be fun as a mod though (I think I saw some of them for FS15).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

Yeah... I've heard about those fires. Hopefully they'll have them under control soon.

It seems there's a pretty big FS fire fighting community, especially in North America. They've even made maps mainly for fire fighting. Just want to share the video below. I think it demonstrates how moddable and flexible this game really is.

W1der

Post by W1der »

Should have used the "follow me" mod also ... :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

So ... Lisertan.

Are you guys making it possible to reach and alternate the controls menu from within an active game session?
This would be awesome and a huge time saver (for some of us) ... :blushnew:
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Lisertan wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:34 am
BigC92 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:30 am
Lisertan wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm Call me lazy :D but for now I highly recommend this link

https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulat ... -features/

As it's 100% correct.

That will at least give a great overview over what has been said at FarmCon.
I just need to ask you one question, when you say "buildable farms" does this include placeable houses to, or are they preset?
Everything is placable. Houses, stables, silos, workshops, everything. You can pick a random spot on the map (let's say a forest) buy the land, cut down all the trees, remove everything and place your farmhouse there to start your farm there. Or just a stable or.. whatever you want.
That's the best news ever. Goodnight to other farming games.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Bensterr wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:54 pm
Lisertan wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:09 pm You need to own it. No Tree-pirates in FS19.
:hmm:

Well that's interesting. I read your post where you stated towns, villages, etc might not be purchaseable. That would imply we cannot cut tree's in residential areas, gardens, parks, whatever - am i right?

I so then, here's the thing. I play in forestry a lot and like to do some 'tree work' for the locals as well. Removing a tree from a garden or pruning an alleyway in a village. Cleaning up parks, etc, etc. Generally playing as a Treecare contractor / Tree Surgeon Company. With the above in consideration i cannot play the way i'd like to play anymore. Bit concerning to me... and i bet some others too :mrgreen:

EDIT: Maybe add a 'Allow players to cut trees in not owned plots' toggle?
Your style of play could make for some nice side missions that pay out. Especially when starting with only a little cash, you could buy a chainsaw or lawn mower and visit the local town for tree/grass missions.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
W1der

Post by W1der »

As mentioned ... it is up to the map creator how the map is "divided" ...

I did this on a savegame of GCV ... removed a lot of the pine trees and replaced them with some prettier ones ... *thumbsup*
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

Just wanted to share this video from Virtual Farmer. He was at FarmCon 18 (guess many of you saw him commentating the baling championship). Here's his summary of FS19 revelations (Spoiler alert! There are many) :biggrin2:

woody09

Post by woody09 »

hi every one I sent a message to lisertan about farming sim 19 first of all I ask give me two reasons why I should buy the game secondly I asked when it rains will the tractor wheel sink and spin then I asked when you hit something will there be tractor damage then I asked will the soil be like concrete when you try to level it like in 17 then I asked why claas was not in 19 all of these he could not answer then he said that I was ranting and it was only for fun. I found this reply very upsetting because I have only asked what other users have asked..... ps I have farmed for years but know being disabled I have played farm sim17 for hours and hours I was just suggesting things to make farm sim 19 better or as he put it more fun. so if that's his attitude he can stuff his game?? so have a nice day lisertan……………….
woody09 ps4pro.. :geeknew: