Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

RODHA

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by RODHA »

ErwinR55 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm
drb wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 pm You really know your Lely!
I should, or I should have been fired a long time ago :P
Wait what? You back to Lely? :confusednew:
PS5 / FS22
yumi

Post by yumi »

Faelandaea wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:25 am
Smith Modding wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:07 pm I disagree. The MR mod tries to add realism but goes overboard with it. I mean if you have 100HP over the recommended HP you should be able to go down a level field at the top working speed. But you can't. Also, braking is awful, even on cars, which irl isn't true (and I drive so I should know). Even small tractors take forever to get up to speed, which again doesn't happen as our Kuboda gets up to speed pretty quickly
Add to that the fact that MR makes the Follow Me mod ... which is a FAR more useful mod ... go absolutely spastic when relocating a line of equipment from one spot to another. MR installed = vehicles start going in drastic circles and going crazy. It also caused Courseplay vehicles to have a mad time steering as well LOL.

MR has the right idea, but yeah, just like you said ... they went WAY overboard with it. Having experienced some of the equipment featured in the game in real life, there is no way a QT is going to have trouble with a Seedhawk pulling it down to 3 MPH LOL. However I am starting to believe that some MR fanbois refuse to believe that modern equipment can go any faster than their old tractors from the 1940's. ~shrug~
I think the main problem is that you don't realize in the game the real speed and the real slopes.
More Realistic is using only physics and if you look at the numbers you will understand that it performs as it should. Slopes in the game are in some map near 20% or 30% that actually would be something you can find in mountains. The problem is you don't feel this by driving in the game and so you don't understand why your vehicle cannot climb it.
More Realistic mod creator spent a lot of time explaining this on other forums and I know he made a great jobs again.
It's just up to you not to like how the game perform with this mod and not use it. But please don't say the mod is stuff.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Quote me where I said it was stuff. I said nothing of the like. I stated that in my tests, which as you clearly know were on a level map without hills, the strongest tractors in the game couldn’t pull an implement any more than 3-5 mph. And for me that is no bueno.

It’s nice that folks try to do stuff with physics In this game, but they forget this is just a game and not a simulation. It’s just not capable of handling that sort of thing realistically at all. The game may have “simulator” in the title ... but hey ... so does Goat Simulator.

Still, even with all of that said, I never said it was stuff. I just said it was anything but realistic. MR is no more realistic than the default game is. I know a lot of folks who are real world farmers with modern equipment who tried it and agree with me. Simply said it just takes one set of limitations and replaces it with another set of limitations. That’s all. But, hey, it’s cool. We can just change all my words around however. This is a forum, after all, right? Lol. I also never said anything about hills. I was very clear in that regard. Oh well.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The one thing I always try to bare in mind with MR is that it stands for 'more realistic'. It doesn't stand for 'totally realistic'. All it tries to do is add a bit more realism to the physics over the base game.

I like MR, despite its failings. I like that fact it adds more weight and detailed animation to the handling of tractors particularly. The vanilla game physics just seem so under developed in comparison. I really hope with FS-19 there's bit more of the sense of weight MR brings without over the top-ness of how it effects certain combinations of vehicles and implements. The Quad Track and Seed Hawk being a good example.
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 am
ErwinR55 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm
drb wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 pm You really know your Lely!
I should, or I should have been fired a long time ago :P
Wait what? You back to Lely? :confusednew:
Nope, I am not.
PS4 player
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Lely will be going anyway
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

eric21 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 am Lely will be going anyway
I don't exactly understand what you mean, please explain.

If you are saying: there won't be Lely in the game anymore, cause the models are now AGCO, I would not say that for certain.....

There's still the milking robot, cow brush and maybe even the Juno to take up in the barn.
It would still be a good advertisement to be as a premium brand in the game in the cow stable :).
PS4 player
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Jlf85 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:06 pm I have a strong suspicion that my Big Buds will be gone in 19 😢
I wouldn’t count them out just yet. Notice that the Gregoire-Besson Trailed Lifter is showing up on the equipment list for ‘19. Unless one feels a strange need to pull trailed three-point implements with cars or trucks, I can’t think of another reason to include that unless the Buds are in.
drb

Post by drb »

parad0x177 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:32 am I wouldn’t count them out just yet. Notice that the Gregoire-Besson Trailed Lifter is showing up on the equipment list for ‘19. Unless one feels a strange need to pull trailed three-point implements with cars or trucks, I can’t think of another reason to include that unless the Buds are in.
I wouldn't say that changing a 3-point implement to trailed is such a strange need - it could certainly be useful for pulling a larger implement with a tractor that has enough horsepower but not enough weight to it, and transporting implements around via a pickup truck. A lot of implements in the real world have the option to be setup as 3-point or trailed depending on a farmer's needs.

I still agree that it is probably a good indication that it will be necessary for something, like the Big Buds, but it would also be strange for them to include the Gregoire-Besson plow without the lifter even if Big Bud weren't included - that plow is so big the lifter is useful even on other tractors, to give it more articulation points and thus better turning capability.

I think no matter what happens, Big Bud is popular enough that it would be converted by Giants and offered on Modhub, if not in the base game.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Hey y’all, did anyone else notice he’s new holland round baler not having a capacity on the official website? Could it be that we now can choose the size of bales or wrap unfinished ones? The square bale collectors are the same way, no capacity, almost as if you could fit multiple amounts of bales depending on their size.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I don't know if this has been asked... but, any idea if we'll have storage options for Root Crops? Shed w/ a conveyor belt setup kind of like what was in FS15 or something similar.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

drb wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:34 am
parad0x177 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:32 am I wouldn’t count them out just yet. Notice that the Gregoire-Besson Trailed Lifter is showing up on the equipment list for ‘19. Unless one feels a strange need to pull trailed three-point implements with cars or trucks, I can’t think of another reason to include that unless the Buds are in.
I wouldn't say that changing a 3-point implement to trailed is such a strange need - it could certainly be useful for pulling a larger implement with a tractor that has enough horsepower but not enough weight to it, and transporting implements around via a pickup truck. A lot of implements in the real world have the option to be setup as 3-point or trailed depending on a farmer's needs.

I still agree that it is probably a good indication that it will be necessary for something, like the Big Buds, but it would also be strange for them to include the Gregoire-Besson plow without the lifter even if Big Bud weren't included - that plow is so big the lifter is useful even on other tractors, to give it more articulation points and thus better turning capability.

I think no matter what happens, Big Bud is popular enough that it would be converted by Giants and offered on Modhub, if not in the base game.
You may have a point on the articulation points for turning.

However, it don’t think it really helps overcome inadequate mass. For one, the design inherently contributes towards a negative tounge weight at the tractor hitch when the implement is raised, which only makes inadequate tow vehicle mass (and resulting traction issues) worse (potentially dangerous). Also, not many pickup trucks have remote hydraulic circuits, which would be required to use the lifter.

On the other hand, the game (at least in the past) has glossed over issues like those, so it may not matter.

Either way, though, I’m betting on the Buds either being in the base game or available as mods from day one.
drb

Post by drb »

parad0x177 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:09 pm You may have a point on the articulation points for turning.

However, it don’t think it really helps overcome inadequate mass. For one, the design inherently contributes towards a negative tounge weight at the tractor hitch when the implement is raised, which only makes inadequate tow vehicle mass (and resulting traction issues) worse (potentially dangerous). Also, not many pickup trucks have remote hydraulic circuits, which would be required to use the lifter.

On the other hand, the game (at least in the past) has glossed over issues like those, so it may not matter.

Either way, though, I’m betting on the Buds either being in the base game or available as mods from day one.
In many situations, it actually could help very much with an inadequate mass problem. The trailed lifter is a lever, with its wheels being the fulcrum, right?

The implement rides closer to the fulcrum, and the hitch point is about 4 times the distance away from the wheels, so the downward force needed to counteract the torque created by the implement is about one fourth of the implement weight.

Many tractors do have a weight distribution that puts a majority of the weight on the rear axle, so the force needed at the hitch could already be sufficient with no other modification to the weight distribution, while the implement on the rear of the tractor itself might require a front weight in some form. Yes, that will reduce traction by some amount on the rear tires, but we have gone from the front wheels lifting off the ground and losing steering to all wheels on the ground with somewhat reduced traction - which should only be an issue if the implement in question is so power hungry that we have trouble pulling it at speed - if we've done this right. Of course, we've presumably reduced soil compaction too, by lightening the rear axle load a bit and spreading the weight over an additional axle.

Obviously, all of this depends on the specific situation you find yourself in, but in many of them, the lifter is a perfectly viable alternative to a front weight. High horsepower to weight ratio tractors with low horsepower to weight ratio implements would be the ideal candidates.

As for pickup trucks - I'll just assume all farmers in Farming Simulator get the hydraulic package for their pickup trucks. :mrgreen:
ColotadoWolf

Post by ColotadoWolf »

Will there be a beta testing run? Where players get the oppotunity to play and find glitches before the release? It would be a great idea to make sure everything is working properly.
JoaoRabit

Post by JoaoRabit »

ColotadoWolf wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:08 pm Will there be a beta testing run? Where players get the oppotunity to play and find glitches before the release?
No