Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

SteveValek

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by SteveValek »

Lisertan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm
cmusic52 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 pm well he said they did a complete overhaul of their engine, sooo its not the same engine, its changed and improved
You know what? Let me go into detail:

Here is what we did:
The Sky is dynamic now. Real coulds (3d objects) that turn grey before it starts to rain, so you can predict the weather
Sun and Moon are there and moving
We added volumetric fog (it looks SO good)
We added:
Depth of Field
Color grading / Tone Mapping
High Dynamic Range Rendering
Bloom
Global Illumination (SSAO)
Dynamic Eye Adaptation
Light Scattering

That's a huge list for a engine update and the results will blow you away once we can show them.
Rather than continue to veer off,on an whole load of different aspects and suggestions regarding Tractors,VR and Trailers..

Is there anything you can say regarding the actual core gameplay farming?
Dynamic new sky is great,and all well and good,but we are farming the fields,so will there be major improvements there?
Rather than watch a section of field transform as say,a plough crosses it.
Will the new game be more realistic,and in more detail,in how the field is ploughed,cultivated,seeded and harvested ?
After all,it's where we are spending the most time... *thumbsup*

Also,and speaking for consoles only...

Can you guys look into the main control sub menus?
Feels like there's too much on "LB",and many a time,I've got to plough a field,and with "LB+B",to lower the tool,I've hit just "B",and "Hired a Worker"!
Maybe consider moving "Hire Worker" to the other menus "LB+RB"or "RB+"perhaps?

Thanks
danjs84

Post by danjs84 »

I like to be able to fatten animals buying lambs , calfs and piglets and bringing them up to weight . with there being multiple places to sell your stock so you can get the best price . Also id like more species of forestry trees like Radiata or Corsican both being able to run through the Ponsse . With there also being a better market with multiple places to sell logs .
Xbox one *thumbsup*
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ I too would like to see different sale points for animals. I don't really like only having one place to sell them to right now.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
garryobrien9

Post by garryobrien9 »

i hope that we have mods like trailer silage harvesters maps like spring hill in 2013

and of course john deere
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

danjs84 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:17 pm I like to be able to fatten animals buying lambs , calfs and piglets and bringing them up to weight . with there being multiple places to sell your stock so you can get the best price . Also id like more species of forestry trees like Radiata or Corsican both being able to run through the Ponsse . With there also being a better market with multiple places to sell logs .
I don't think Giants will add animal fattening for meat sale. At least not directly. What I do love to see is, that you have lambs, clafs and piglets that you can raise to adulthood, same goes for the new horses.

I love to see that equipment has to be maintained throughout a season/period of time. If you don't do it in time, you can't plow or cultivate or it skips a lot of field.

Would love to see using sprayers for more then just fertilizing. Like using pesticide or moisterizing a dry field.

Whatever Giants puts in the game, I can't wait to play it.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Pictures of the Giants booth from Focus Home Interactive's event showed Martin sitting next to, what appears to be, a lamb and a piglet. This is based on the assumption that all the animals were the same scale (looks to be 1:1).

I apologize if it was addressed earlier but I don't recall seeing it, but maybe this is an indication of young animals and possible growth stages? Maybe Lis can confirm or deny or say he's not at liberty to say?
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

Lets hope we get animals in several stages of life. And each stage has a different value. Maybe now we can sell milk ourselves as a option. I hope animals can be placed in more then one place. So you can set a field to be there new home, until the grass there is all short. Maybe that we can fertilize the pasture, while the animals are in the barn. Or a other pasture.
Captain Squareyez

Post by Captain Squareyez »

Any chance of adding signs with names on them? Like in past games, there were no signs saying what went where. We only had symbols to go by. For me, i have to keep looking them up to see what symbol was wheat, or grain, or hay, etc,etc. If the symbols had the names to it in the storage facilities,etc, i think this would be a lot of help. Rather than just having simple pictures to go by.
I just keep getting confused because some of the symbols do look very much alike.
SteveValek

Post by SteveValek »

The inclusion of an ABBATOIR...

Sadly it's part of farming,and where a lot of them end up!

I'm all for Realism..
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

For those of us not familiar with actronyms can you explain what ABBATOIR is please
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

It's not an acronym (I don't think anyway), but another name for slaughterhouse.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
Guil

Post by Guil »

Nope, it's not an acronym.
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

Gimli54 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm For those of us not familiar with actronyms can you explain what ABBATOIR is please
It was the greatest 3d movie ever made about people with blue faces on another world!
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

How about hiring people to stack logs or feed animals if supplies are there?
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Abbatoir means a slaughterhouse. In this age of the Internet, it's easy enough to google it.